Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Tyre Pressure Monitoring System Warning Light Constantly On

The car has been in the family since nearly new in 2014 and this warning light has been on constantly I'd say for about 3 or 4 YEARS!! The tyre pressure are fine (around 36psi). I have reset the TPMS many times after checking the pressure using the button located under the steering wheel, this clears it for about a day or two before it comes back on again - that's in winter and summer. When the car has been back to Lexus for service and I've asked them several times to look at it they either say is that the pressure in the tyres was low or they reset it themselves. Either way between a day or within a week of them resetting, that bloody light is back on again. It's now at a stage where they want to charge me £180 an hour for them to instigate into it further - er no thanks, i'd rather stare at that light for another 4 years before I paid that sort of money, we're in a recession you know!!

Surely these monitors can't be that sensitive to the point where the pressure drops slightly and the light comes on??

I had this. Turns out the non genius lexus tpms unit in one of the wheels was to blame. Changed it for original lexus one and light never come back on. 

Get the tpms checked to see if they are all genuine. If not change the one or ones that are not genuine 

I believe all 4 are genuine OEM from Lexus. I did however had my wheels repainted about 18 months ago and the guy who did them showed me one of the TPMS where the casing was cracked slightly. We didn't think this was something that would cause dodgy reading so he repaired it and put it back in. Maybe this could be where the issue lies??

16 minutes ago, Las Palmas said:

Or maybe just have new batteries in them if they are OEM from Lexus.

Oh right, didn't know you could just replace the batteries, my TPMS looks like a sealed unit? Thought you would have to buy new ones?

image.thumb.png.26f67bd06664e2df0a4342d8107aa5e9.png

That's the item. But how did you find it?

I find the forum search function impossible to use. In this example I knew it was by Britprius and I knew it was about TPMS but nothing I do in the search page will produce the right item (or indeed any results from Britprius).

Even knowing it's by Britprius and now knowing the title is "TPMS system fault" I still can't get the search function to find it. What am I doing wrong?

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Thackeray said:

That's the item. But how did you find it?

I find the forum search function impossible to use. In this example I knew it was by Britprius and I knew it was about TPMS but nothing I do in the search page will produce the right item (or indeed any results from Britprius).

Even knowing it's by Britprius and now knowing the title is "TPMS system fault" I still can't get the search function to find it. What am I doing wrong?

Google will probably be more helpful than the forum search.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links