Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Superchargers Using Tdi Induction

Don't feel bad about it, a lot people regurgitate stuff on the internet, a lot of which is B.S (especially the US sites).

Have a nice weekend

i feel great mate! i had a fantastic weekend thank you for mentioning it, and i forgot that Eaton talk lots of BS :blink:

What's Eaton :o

My SC will be fitted next week so then I'll know what you boys are all on about :P

Eaton are the manufacturers of the supercharger that is fitted to the IS.

CEL = Check Engine Light

Nice one Rob, so looking at the different models I'm guessing this is what's in the IS:

http://automotive.eaton.com/product/engine_controls/M62.html

Nice bit of info here about their supercharger products in general:

http://automotive.eaton.com/product/engine...erchargers.html

The SC doesn't seem to be adding as much power as I thought in that graph in the first link - I'm guessing all the extra power is coming from the new intake etc??

that is the basic supercharger- the different models have different length drive extensions - the IS one has no extension.

for power increase it depends on the mass air flow and the resulting pressure increase and of course what type of engine it is fitted to.

i was looking for that second link when i was explaining that the eaton supercharger as fitted to the IS200 IS NOT A COMPRESSOR it is simply an air pump as stated in their info, but then what do they know???

My car has this problem if you don't let it warm up, if it is cold outside and you use lots of throttle at low revs in a high gear it will stutter a lot, 25% of the time it will also throw a CEL.

Keiran,

I dont think this should happen.........Have you contacted TTE ?

The more I hear about the TTE S/C the more I conclude that it is very poorly designed.

There are parts of it that can be better - at a cost.

If you look at the way that Mercedes deal with the compressor bypass valve, it is much more sophisticated (and expensive) but it works a lot better.

Similary they could have supplied a proper mapped ecu - at a price.

My view is that the TTE compressor kit is not perfect but is very good value for money. If the system were more expensive it may put it beyond the reach of some people that would otherwise buy it.

i was looking for that second link when i was explaining that the eaton supercharger as fitted to the IS200 IS NOT A COMPRESSOR it is simply an air pump as stated in their info, but then what do they know???

Perhaps you shouldn't believe what the marketing dept of a firm says when it's trying to sell technical points to non technical people. Mr Average doesn't know what a compressor is but he does know what a pump is.

I'm not an educator, so you won't hear any more from me on this.

Perhaps you shouldn't believe what the marketing dept of a firm says when it's trying to sell technical points to non technical people. Mr Average doesn't know what a compressor is but he does know what a pump is.

I'm not an educator, so you won't hear any more from me on this.

dont need to believe it because i know it is fact! The roots type blower does not compress the air within its casing so it is not a compressor - all the air compression takes place within the ducting/intake manifold outside of the roots blower casing.

But i am willing to be proved wrong if you so wish..... please explain to me how a roots blower can compress air within its casing, if i am wrong i will accept it, you can use techncal terms if u want.

or will i hear no more on this subject because you know i am correct?

still waiting.......... ;) ;)

I know what your game is, and think it's a shame for the club that you didn't get banned along with the other 2.

You've already seen my last words on the subject so you will be waiting a long time, just like I have for the admission and appologies for your actions against me.

Forget about it, move on and try and do some good in your life.

End of matter.

have no game marky poo's (apart from tiddly winks on a weds)- just a simple answer to your statement, thats all i would like but as u and i know its impossible to get pressure within the casing of a roots blower (though u seemed to think so) i didnt expect to get an answer on that.

As for me apologising to u - i dont think i should and i have asked numerous people in a public post if i should, i didnt get a single yes. so as u have said " move on"

i am moving on thanks for asking, i am going on hols tomo dont miss me toooo much, i bring pleasure to hundreds everyday thru work so i do some good in my life everyday.

well if people want to ban me then feel free to do it, up to the powers at be i suppose.

take care marky

chat again soon :P

robbie bobby big kisses XXXXX

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links