Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

One Touch Sunroof?

The sunroof on my 2004 SE-L doesn't appear to have 'one-touch' operation. My local dealer has explained on the telephone how to reset it, but it doesn't seem to be working. To save me going to see them, about 30 mins away, can anyone detail how to do it? Also, is it supposed to work on both the slider and the rocker switches?

i had the same prob on my IS - the one touch wasnt working - i i could "step" the sunroof to where i wanted it, but found out that if u hold the button in so the sunroof goes fully back then fully forward ( same for tilt) then afterwards it would open all the way with one touch.

My SE-L had the same problem. Apparently the sunroof should have been 'initialised' prior to dealer delivery. I was told that this was software controlled and therefore has to be done by the dealer, as mine was.

• 3 weeks later...

I have just taken delivery of my RX 300 SEL and bingo, I have the same "moonroof" sunroof one touch dilema dicussed here. My local dealer is some distance away, further to that I am stationed in Germany and there is the language barrier to overcome. I have tried the switching routine but with no success and I just just wondered if anyone has come up with the definitive process to overcome this minor annoyance.

Regards

Eventually took mine to the dealer, and he showed me what to do. Pretty simple really - with the ignition on, just push the slider forward and let the roof go through one whole circuit, i.e open, close, up, down before letting go. After that, bingo - one touch works!

Thanks for getting back with this snippet Joc, with continued switch fumbling I eventually came across a similiar solution. It would appear that if you keep the rocker switch pressed (rearward direction) the sunroof also goes through a complete open and close cycle and thereafter one touch operation is initiated.

So simple, you would have thought it would warrant a mention in the Owner's Manual.

• 5 years later...

Thanks for getting back with this snippet Joc, with continued switch fumbling I eventually came across a similiar solution. It would appear that if you keep the rocker switch pressed (rearward direction) the sunroof also goes through a complete open and close cycle and thereafter one touch operation is initiated.

So simple, you would have thought it would warrant a mention in the Owner's Manual.

Mmmmm. I have the same issue on my RX300 SEL 2004 and after I read this info decided to give it a try.

I could not get anything to work using the 'slide' switch. I tried many times moving back first then letting it go through the complete open/close/open motion, but the one touch would not work still. I had to use the rocker switch that controls the 'tilt'. Keeping the switch pressed, it tilted up, tilted down, slid fully open, slid fully shut. I think this is where it stopped and hey presto - one touch now working fully.

Strange 'fault' though, like to know why it happens or is it a 'feature' ?

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links