Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Limp mode on my lexus IS220d

Just wondering if anyone can help me, my Lexus IS220d ( 2006 ) has been in limp mode for a while now and no garage seems to be able to figure out what is wrong with it. I have a bypass cable from back to 5th injector, a EGR blank, and a DPF gutting all remapped out…. Any suggestions would be great. 

43 minutes ago, Sal1998 said:

Not very helpful is it 

No... but it isn't very smart to disclose that you have car running on the road which would (or rather should) attract £1000 fine... and by extension of not being road legal, it could be as well considered uninsured and that is another £3000. That is before we even think about morality of the whole thing and how you deliberately polluting around you and emitting cancer causing particles just to skimp £100 on proper maintenance.  

You are right to say this isn't very friendly, nor welcoming, but I only have compassion for some people who got into IS220d by accident, mislead by solid brand image and who made genuine mistake, but it seems you are not only in the game, but actually part of the problem yourself. Cutting out DPF is not normal, not acceptable and it should not be normalised as "just a thing you do". Same as we don't take used oil and tyres and just throw them by the side of the road. 

The advise I can give you, and that is the only suitable advice for this situation - scrap it...

With respect, it does feel like you have a car that has been 'changed' in quite a few places?

I am guessing that makes it much more difficult to diagnose.

The question marks about safety etc., are also worthy of reflection.

What would I do?

I would either cut my losses, which may or may not be practical, or get it trailered to a trusted independent near to you for a proper falut find and possible fix?

Either way it could be costly?     😞 

Good luck.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links