Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Who Do You Insure With?

STE041

On 2/26/2023 at 11:38 AM, Andy B said:

I'm with Lexus Insurance (primarily for the fact that they say that all repairs will be carried out by Lexus workshops). My documentation states that "Lexus Motor Insurance is a trading name of Aioi Nissay Dowa Insurance UK Limited" and that the policy is "Underwritten by Aioi Nissay Dowa Insurance UK Limited".

For anyone considering Lexus Insurance - I went with them for the reason I stated above plus their price was very competitive (for me at least). I have not needed to make a claim (famous last words!) so can't comment on their performance in that regard. I would say though that their customer-facing IT system seems a bit old school and their general customer support (e.g. when I renewed my policy recently) was somewhat below par so hopefully their claims process is better. Time will tell I guess.

Have you heard how they actually perform Andy..Was Thinking of trying them this Year..Like the fact that in the unfortunate event of an accident your lexus goes to the nearest dealership for Repairs..!!! Well Hopefully...

18 hours ago, RONNIE W HODGEKINSON said:

Have you heard how they actually perform

Ron  .  reading their Annual Report and Accounts I would think the Owners . Directors are very very Toyota " aware " and their whole specific business is geared towards Toyota Toyota Toyota .  so for the first few years i would think their psyche is to " perform " very well for their specific Toyota ( Lexus ) client base tbh

Malc

21 minutes ago, Malc1 said:

Ron  .  reading their Annual Report and Accounts I would think the Owners . Directors are very very Toyota " aware " and their whole specific business is geared towards Toyota Toyota Toyota .  so for the first few years i would think their psyche is to " perform " very well for their specific Toyota ( Lexus ) client base tbh

Malc

Many Thanks for that information Malcom..Will Probably Give them a try I Think..!!! But Will Depend on the Sheckles..!!!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RONNIE W HODGEKINSON said:

Many Thanks for that information Malcom..Will Probably Give them a try I Think..!!! But Will Depend on the Sheckles..!!!

Malcom.. Just been on to Lexus car insurance and they tell me there is no club Discount for members Of the Lexus Owners Club..I Would have thought That They Would have been the FIRST on The list..Absolutely Shocking They are not offering Lexus Members This incentive to Insure with Them... What do you Think ?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, RONNIE W HODGEKINSON said:

Malcom.. Just been on to Lexus car insurance and they tell me there is no club Discount for members Of the Lexus Owners Club..I Would have thought That They Would have been the FIRST on The list..Absolutely Shocking They are not offering Lexus Members This incentive to Insure with Them... What do you Think ?

As i say, this so-called Lexus thing of quality of service is only for the Japanese market and for those that live in Japan 

On 2/4/2023 at 4:01 PM, Dippo said:

I've just received my renewal notice from Aviva (c. £800, and high compulsory excess), so I've decided it was time to look around. I've just got 1 windscreen claim in the last 5 years, but the cheapest I could find on a price comparison site was £900, and everyone seems to want a compulsory excess of at least £250.

I tried Lexus Insurance, and they came in at £860 - or £880 if I want to insure against the £250 excess. They might be worth considering for me, if only for the reassurance of having repairs done in a Lexus bodyshop if the worst happens.

It's all very expensive, and my pension doesn't have a London weighting!

Does any Pension have a London Weighting, I ask ?

On 2/8/2023 at 1:10 PM, Illogan said:

As with so many others, I ALWAYS research insurance costs about 28 days before the end of the current policy, it is amazing how differently insurance providers can quote from one year to the next (without any tangible changes in my parameters save for age of my wife and me, my car's accruing mileage, and yet another year on my NCB)

I'm certain their quotes are affected by their own block quota requirements, and any changes in the crime / claim rates in a neighbourhood.

I also inevitably use a cashback operator like Quidco or TopCashBack  - - that often provides a further £30<>£50 rebate.

There are some extremely poor insurance companies out there, (over the 50 years+ I've experienced a few!) and no matter how cheap they may appear, if they don't provide a good service when you need them, it's money wasted!

A recent Which? Magazine report reported that the top six insurance providers (based on customer service/claims/communications etc) were

NFU Mutual

LV

Saga

Direct Line

AXA

(the) AA

Obviously these are results aggregated over many different ages, circumstances and areas, and everyone may have their specific criteria, but this appears to be a reasonable guide.

The Top3 have been Top 3 for more years than Land Rover have been in the Bottom 3 of Reliability Surveys ! 

Do motorists only seek the Bottom Line of Cost ? Seems that they do  !

On 2/23/2023 at 7:49 PM, STE041 said:

The saga continues…

Start of claim - 4th January 2023

4 calls throughout January to last week, same fob off “we have a back log”

1st complaint offered £75 compensation - I refused and told them said they should pay that to their approver 

2nd call resulted in a manager calling me back with a fob off

The online complaints get put in a queue also

Absolute crap service in the event of a claim no fault or otherwise

To top it all after getting approval on the quote, they send you a survey to complete - my feedback is as below:

How do you rate Sarah’s Service - 8

How do you rate Churchill - 0

How likelihood woul you recommend Churchill - 0

Churchill are an embarrassment to the insurance industry - it feels like I am not insured. It does not take 6 weeks to approve a no fault claim. I have been fobbed off by call operators, Managers who frankly you should sack, and even when filling in a complaint on your website, that gets put in a queue and has not even had a response. As a customer who pays in advance to receive such shocking service, it is safe to say that I will be recommending to all not to use Churchill, I will not only not be renewing, I will be cancelling before the end of this cover completes. Your social media sites should tell you what your customer base thinks of your service, but by the looks of it Churchill ignore this as well. Overall if there was a minus number on your ratings I would be using that. Sarah gets an 8 as she was the one who put me on hold and within minutes came back and told me the approval had been given for the claim. If I were Sarah, I would find another employer. It is clear that customers premiums are being spent on the nodding dog TV adverts on prime time TV.

Avoid at all costs.

An excellent Posting to the Debate Steve.

I would add just one set of a few words for you personally Steve,  Some Insurance Companies--and yours might be one such Company charge the client (you) should they seek to cancel a Contract prior to its previously agreed Termination Date. Unless you have checked the policy Wording, simply do not renew.

Good luck.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, RONNIE W HODGEKINSON said:

What do you Think ?

I think all insurers want to do the " right thing " but only by their shareholders and if they can promote themselves as being good for the client .  us car owners .  then so be it . 

Shisters all of 'em methinks

Malc

29 minutes ago, Malc1 said:

I think all insurers want to do the " right thing " but only by their shareholders and if they can promote themselves as being good for the client .  us car owners .  then so be it . 

Shisters all of 'em methinks

Malc

Me-thinks Your Right Malcom They all Fish In The same Pond.. Lexus car insurance just quoted me £588 Today But My Renewal is not due till June so price might (Will Probably ) Change.. checked go-compare site but Aviva nor Saga who i,m with just now are not on it..Strange..!! Cheapest on that site was £382 from the Sooty and Sweep insurance company...

3 hours ago, Malc1 said:

there's many not on the " compare " sites these days

Malc

I would imagine any insurers who are not on comparison sites these days must be missing a large market, it can take quite a while filling out the questions over and over.

10 hours ago, royoftherovers said:

An excellent Posting to the Debate Steve.

I would add just one set of a few words for you personally Steve,  Some Insurance Companies--and yours might be one such Company charge the client (you) should they seek to cancel a Contract prior to its previously agreed Termination Date. Unless you have checked the Policy Wording, simply do not renew.

Good luck.

Fair comment, however given I paid a year up front and they don’t have current card details and that they ignore their customers complaints it may take me a couple of months to reply to them. Given their lack of service it doesn’t actually feel as if I’m insured at all. I’d happily go to court for non payment as their is plent to get a case thrown out given their reputation.

As they haven’t held up their end on the contract it would be an own goal. I’d rather double insure for the remainder and write off now to Julys renewal.

Interestingly, when you log in on Churchill there is nowhere to cancel your policy. They have their customers hook line and sinker.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, beyond the blue said:

it can take quite a while filling out the questions over and over.

pick up the phone takes just a very few minutes sometimes

Malc

1 hour ago, Malc1 said:

pick up the phone takes just a very few minutes sometimes

Malc

“Your call is very important to us and will be answered shortly, we are presently receiving a large number of calls, have you tried our website at www.barkingbulldog.com? You are number 212 in the queue”

• Haha 3

2 minutes ago, steve2006 said:

“Your call is very important to us and will be answered shortly, we are presently receiving a large number of calls, have you tried our website at www.barkingbulldog.com? You are number 212 in the queue”

Very true!

Long gone are the days when you walked into your local high street insurance broker, verbally gave them the necessary details and walked out 15 minutes later with a hand written cover note and the policy documents a week later in the post.

No nodding dog on the counter either, maybe just a partially obscured Samantha Fox calendar. 😀

• Haha 1

Once upon a time, back in the 80's, I was that High Street Insurance Broker.  Had a pile of Rate Books, one from each Insurance Company for which I was an Agent. I recall Commercial Union, Norwich Union and General Accident being my 'best sellers' in those days, together with their books of Cover Notes.

Then along came a substantial desktop computer with a built-in system that calculated the best quote for you. That changed everything, including the introduction of that sly set of Underwriters calling themselves Cloverleaf, they insured anybody and everybody that the others wouldn't, at a price of course, but I seem to remember them being rather reluctant when it came to paying claims.

By 'eck, them were the days. Sadly though, Samantha Fox didn't feature on my office wall! ☺️

• Haha 1

On 2/4/2023 at 2:51 PM, Ken R said:

I'm with Aviva online paying less than £300 pa for a 2022 NX450h+ fully comp with business cover and only compulsory excesses. Very reasonable.

Had,nt thought about aviva ken I Note that you said you had did it on-line..Got a Quote from lexus yesterday for £588

Do You Think That aviva would be just as good as lexus insurance ..Ie Would they send your vehicle to a lexus Garage should it have to be repaired following an accident ?

On 2/9/2023 at 9:18 PM, Ken R said:

Don't agree with your notes regarding weakest cover. Cover matches most of their rivals and reviews were average.  Recently needed to make an alteration to the policy and this was done foc.

How long,if at all,will your reviews last?

I left a very negative review for Carlinkit for an electronic device that didn't work.The review disappeared within 5 minutes.

I also had problems with Gant clothing recently.Aweek or so later they sent me an automated email asking for a review.I thought"why not" and expressed politely,but assertively,my dissatisfaction.They replied saying my comments did not meet their standards....

I guess this is commonplace with many companies.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links