Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Is 250c drivers windows grinding when used

Johnlex

My divers windows has developed as scratching grinding noise as it goes up and down. It’s sounds terrible. 
what could be the problem before I start stripping the door down to investigate the problems ???

any help please 

28 minutes ago, DavidCM said:

It could be dried salt/grit from roadspray.Wash and rinse your windows a few times and hope you haven't scratched the glass.

@DavidCM
Window   scratched 😭 

how do you suggest to wash ?

I was going to buy silicone spray 

8 minutes ago, Johnlex said:

@DavidCM
Window   scratched 😭 

how do you suggest to wash ?

I was going to buy silicone spray 

Don’t put silicone on glass, it will smear and is almost if not  impossible to remove!
I have some Autoglym products for glass cleaning as shown below which are very effective along with their “Glass Polish”

Another cause is crud build up in the exterior lower glass seal, I gently pull it back and use an old toothbrush with car wash solution to clean it out before rinsing thoroughly.

47D0841D-677C-40B9-B2C4-80B4A7611B19.jpeg

• Like 1

you can use the silicone but only on the rubber seals to help the glass glide smoothly

it will also help to stop the glass from freezing to the seal during the cold spells we are all having now.

36 minutes ago, steve2006 said:

Don’t put silicone on glass, it will smear and is almost if not  impossible to remove!
I have some Autoglym products for glass cleaning as shown below which are very effective along with their “Glass Polish”

Another cause is crud build up in the exterior lower glass seal, I gently pull it back and use an old toothbrush with car wash solution to clean it out before rinsing thoroughly.

47D0841D-677C-40B9-B2C4-80B4A7611B19.jpeg

So I don’t  need to strip the door out or take off the door card and get to the motor ? 

51 minutes ago, 200h said:

you can use the silicone but only on the rubber seals to help the glass glide smoothly

it will also help to stop the glass from freezing to the seal during the cold spells we are all having now.

Silicone attracts dirt and grit, best avoided totally. 

Use something like Gummi Pflege on the rubber seals to condition and prevent freezing

gummi_rubber_care_abe72b.jpg?size=1x

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, NemesisUK said:

Silicone attracts dirt and grit, best avoided totally. 

Use something like Gummi Pflege on the rubber seals to condition and prevent freezing

gummi_rubber_care_abe72b.jpg?size=1x

Yes I’ve got this as use on all the rubbers on the roof on  my 250c 

22 minutes ago, Johnlex said:

So I’ve cleaned and washed but still the same horrible noise 

Joking all aside - drive over a very rough road to try and dislodge whatever might be there.

Failing that it looks like a door card removal.

Others may have better suggestions.

• Thanks 1

Perhaps you could post up a video to give us a better idea of the noise?
Renault Meganes we’re notorious for seized up cable operated window mechanisms due to water and crap ingress but Lexus use the more reliable conventional scissor type arrangement and decent grease.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links