Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Mileage Disrepancy

Truely Horrifying,   there is no way the dealer in question would have missed noticing this when they got the car in and cleaned it up for resale. Tho with the experience ive had with my dealer, nothing surprises me any more. Personally ive be getting a full refund and reporting them

41 minutes ago, PRT68 said:

Or, as a partial refund, I'd be looking for the retail difference between the 2,200 and 75,000 miles. 

Yes that's the very minimum I would be looking for, and extra for the troubles. At the moment though I'm more inclined for a full refund, I'm already scoping out potential replacements. I'm just curious to know how much of a discount they will offer. As much as I like the car, I know handing it back is the sensible option. 

38 minutes ago, Duggie B said:

Name and shame said dealer ???

Cazoo... so need to get it all sorted before they go out of business! It was paid for by card, so I should also be able to do a chargeback if required. 

At least you have the safety net of paying by card ....I'm sure the motoring press would have a field day on this one....should there be a need to.

Good luck with whatever route you take.

4 hours ago, Jimmy77 said:

Cazoo... so need to get it all sorted before they go out of business! It was paid for by card, so I should also be able to do a chargeback if required. 

No wonder they're going bust. Also not at all surprised. I bought my car from a similar online type dealer called car planet. Didn't enjoy the experience at all. Super salesy and kept trying to sell me extras like warranty, paint protection and other BS. They didn't even valet or wash the car before delivery. Never again... Id much rather buy from a small family business. The overall experience is much better in my opinion. 

5 hours ago, Jimmy77 said:

I'm just curious to know how much of a discount they will offer. As much as I like the car, I know handing it back is the sensible option.

Put the car details, with the correct mileage into something like WBAC and see what figure they come up with. Obviously that would  be a trade valuation, but will give you a ballpark idea.

17 minutes ago, Bluemarlin said:

Put the car details, with the correct mileage into something like WBAC and see what figure they come up with. Obviously that would  be a trade valuation, but will give you a ballpark idea.

I did this with their own valuation calculator based on the 75k miles, and advised them of the outcome, it's difficult for them to argue against their own software. 

Are the previous owner’s details on the V5c or at least the number of previous owners?

Does the service history match the actual mileage of 75K?

Personally it would be going straight back to CarZoo via Trading Standards, can anyone remember a post when a 4 year old Lexus required a speedometer change?

3AA4D0A5-37E1-4591-91AD-6AB024660DE3.jpeg

10 hours ago, Jimmy77 said:

I did this with their own valuation calculator based on the 75k miles, and advised them of the outcome, it's difficult for them to argue against their own software. 

It will be worth less than a properly presented 75k vehicle due to the dodgy history.

• Like 1

Just a thought, I would reserve your position ( if you paid by card ) with your card provider by putting them on notice regarding chargeback particularly by Debit Card as this has a limited time for chargeback, Credit Card has much longer but still good to report the issue to them

The card provider will ask for full details of the transaction & the issues you have described, this way you will stop the clock ticking from the day you notify the card provider.

This can be done at the same time as your dealings with the Dealer & this will not compromise your actions with either the card provider or the dealer.

Hope this helps.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

I didn't know Cazoo were going bust!!! .... will look it up. I thought they were selling lots? I remember driving all the way from Edinburgh to the south and running into lots of their trucks carrying cars.

They have a decent website, tha's all I can say. But when it comes to car supermarkets, my experiences (two) with Big Motoring World could not have been less professional (really bad) apart from being very salesy, pushing for BS warranties, treatments and coatings more than the actual car....  At least with a brand dealership you stand a a chance at finding someone who knows what they're doing.

• Like 2

Don’t keep it Unless they offer a sizeable amount of cash. Im guessing Cazoo didn’t realise the issue before selling it. But It will be worth so much less when you sell it.  Many will be put off on by the mileage issue.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links