Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Stats on NX 450h+ Predicted EV Range

17 hours ago, Ken R said:

My recharge tonight is 48.8/43. Previous indication of 42.9 returned a disappointing actual of 34.

3 hours ago, RXtoNX said:

Last nights charge 48.1/44.7

Previous charge of 44.5 again achieved an actual of 41 with EV range dropping to zero just as I turned in to the driveway.

Bearing in mind the quite large difference of declared charge figures in this topic, it quite clearly shows that one cannot trust what [a] is shown on the app after charge [b] the actual milage one may get after a full charge.

I have experienced similar wild variations of figures and have only had the car 6 weeks so all figures are based on winter conditions. My miles per Kw is currently showing 2.7 ...but just like Ken, I also have had a disappointing 34 miles on my last trip after say a 15kw charge. [2.7x 15 =40.5 miles ??...]

Like others I hope that during the spring summer months the [a] and [b] figures offer increased milage and more importantly are more accurate to trust!

Again I and maybe others would also be interested in what the average MPG people are getting running on ICE only.

1 hour ago, Mobeam said:

Bearing in mind the quite large difference of declared charge figures in this topic, it quite clearly shows that one cannot trust what [a] is shown on the app after charge [b] the actual milage one may get after a full charge.I

Again I and maybe others would also be interested in what the average MPG people are getting running on ICE only.

Disclaimer - my comments below are not intended to offend anyone, they are merely a summary of my thoughts without knowing other people’s circumstances and history.

The actual mileage achieved in EV mode is much more heavily dependant on type of driving, traffic conditions and the right foot than it is in ICE mode.

My last 2 EV charges have achieved 41 miles because the 41 miles were covered during driving on country lanes near where I live where anyone trying to more that 40mph will constantly have their right foot either on the brakes or accelerator if they tried to drive at more than 40mph.

I know from previous experience that I would not achieve anything like 41 miles if I was driving on a dual carriageway at 70mph and having to constantly slow down to negotiate traffic at roundabouts etc.

The miles achieved will also depend n how familiar the driver is with the characteristics of hybrid vehicles.

MPG achieved in ICE mode only is probably more dependent on type of journey and traffic conditions. I have seen anything between 38mpg and 52mpg on long journeys in pure ICE mode only.

Another tip is to manage the use of EV mode and HV mode. For instance if I am cruising on a motorway/dual carriageway, knowing that I will be driving in towns or on country lanes later in the journey, I will select HV mode on the motorway so that I can save the range I have left on EV mode for the town/country lane driving.

Apologies if any of this sounds patronising, it is not intended to, it is merely an attempt to answer you questions @Mobeam

• Like 3

30 minutes ago, RXtoNX said:

Apologies if any of this sounds patronising, it is not intended to, it is merely an attempt to answer you questions

No offence, patronising, or apologies needed Paul, and fully agree with your comments and findings in relation to type of driving and conditions.

Since purchase [1200 miles] I have seriously tried to get to the 40 approx miles per charge. However most of my travel [40 ml round trip] is dual carriageway [with MAX speed of 65]  and small amount in town and to that end you have answered my question. As stated all my travel has been done since first week of Jan which I am fully aware are the worst conditions. SO....will continue and hope it gets a little better as the year progresses. 

Your findings in relation to ICE only are helpful and at the same time useful to know for future long trips so will be keeping a close eye. Thank you.

Well mine was a regular 43 until an over-the-air software upgrade arrived in December. Then it dropped like a stone to 37..where it remains. I spoke to Lexus Guildford on this and they said (i) it was the cold weather and (ii) that they do not take account of data from forums and the like. They are taking the car in next week...but that's because the electric door handlers freeze and lock me out of the car. I have to wrap the driver's door handle with a cloth overnight to stop it from freezing.  Not sure who to turn to next as I'm positive [especially having read all the EV figures above!!] that the EV mileage is poor.

The Phev performance mirrors the Electric data where Range suffers in Winter & above 80 mph.

I will be interested when someone drives through the Alps & jousts with the Milanese Traffic.

I did not believe My Dealer's delivery promise so did not buy one given the Phev advantage was unknown .

Enjoy the next few months.

Tel

EV range after last recharge to 100% (after a long motorway trip) was 40.5/38.9 in the App.

My band between the 2 EV range figures has always been quite narrow since I got it.  I think Highest I've seen is around 45/46 and it seems to be accurate for EV range.  The HV range however is wildly optimistic.

• Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, dts439 said:

The HV range however is wildly optimistic.

Agreed, ridiculously so unless there’s a massive reserve tank that doesn’t register on the fuel gauge or miles to empty calculation when it gets lower 🤔

• Like 1

still creeping up every charge 48.4/44.6 actual 42, thats country roads, bit of A1 dual and the increasingly insane anti car zone that is Edinburgh City Centre, generally 4c - 8c temp outside.  So 42 in that mix I think is fair enough.

• Thanks 1

SUMMARY for February 2023

The overall average predicted range for all results is 47.9 miles with no a/c and 43.4 with ac. The outstanding result is from The_Doctor (one return) who had a predicted range of 56.2/52.8. If this result is considered a statistical aberration and removed, the overall average for 'no a/c' drops by one mile to 46.9.

All are seeing an improvement in range, most by around one mile but a couple have seen around a 4 mile improvement over the month.

Generally, and not unexpectedly, vehicles with less than 5,000 miles on the clock have reduced range over those whose vehicles have been run-in and cycled through the charging more times.

Actual range is less than the range predicted by the App. Owners experience of this varies and is to be expected given that some cars will be garaged over night; the use the heated seats, heated steering wheel and the overall cabin temperature setting will vary according to users preferences, etc.

I would expect to see the improvements continuing and the difference between 'no a/c' and 'with a/c' shrink as the weather continues to get warmer.

Thank you to all those who have contributed. Keep those results coming in!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I've dropped down to around 49 to 50 miles indicated range (with AC) again on recent charges with the weather being a little colder. I am estimating getting more like 36 to 40 miles achieved range in the current weather conditions.

Does anyone find the range drops off faster as you use the Battery up? I am typically finding if I charge and get say 50 miles indicated, after a frequently taken 18 mile drive there's around 29 to 30 miles indicated remaining (depending on traffic conditions and driving style). But then that remaining range can easily be gone on the return trip.

Also I have found occasions with the ICE kicking in when 1 mile range indicated.

Agree that it appears the Battery depletes faster as the available charge drops and the ICE kicking in early - sometimes at 6 miles! I reckon that in winter the range drops 10-15% actual v indicated. 

Last nights charge 48.3/44.9

One particular point which strikes me about this thread is an apparent discrepancy between the gap of without a/c and with a/c figures that individuals are seeing.
For example on my figures above the without a/c figure is 7.6% higher than with a/c, whereas Ken’s figures in his post immediately above it is 12.3% higher.

A further point of note is that last night when I plugged in the car it was showing an EV range left of 2 miles. After the charge the range with a/c is 44.9, as stated earlier, but the Hive app shows that the charge added 37miles to the range.
I am finding that the number of miles shown as being added from the charge, plus any remaining EV range shown on the dash, is a more accurate reflection of what the actual achievable range is likely to be.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links