Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Stats on NX 450h+ Predicted EV Range

Latest is 46.2/45.2, so slowly creeping up. I suspect more to do with increased frequency of recharge cycles than temperature increase.

Actual with AC on rural roads was 36.

• Thanks 1

On 6/1/2023 at 7:51 PM, Alan Thompson said:

From the last charge I got a very disappointing 39 miles - not sure where I lost 15 miles? It's possible that it is due to lots of traffic queues around Leeds and having air con on for longer.

Tonight's guess is 55.2/54.1

Well, I ended up completing 44 miles against the above "guess". I haven't had to sit as long in Leeds City Centre traffic the last couple of days and today have had a mix of Motorway and normal roads.

This afternoon's new guess is 55.4/54.3

• Thanks 1

Not a lot of miles covered in the last 2 days, with remaining charge in the teens, the results of todays charge are

41.7 / 39.6    Almost the same as last time

• Thanks 1

On 6/3/2023 at 5:53 PM, Alan Thompson said:

Well, I ended up completing 44 miles against the above "guess". I haven't had to sit as long in Leeds City Centre traffic the last couple of days and today have had a mix of Motorway and normal roads.

This afternoon's new guess is 55.4/54.3

Last couple of days have resulted in 43 miles covered. This includes a 10 or so mile dash at 60/70 on Motorway.

Tonight's guess is 55.4/54.3

• Thanks 1

Tonight’s charge shows.   42.1 / 40.4.  Marginal increase each time. But still only a few local trips.

car will get its 1st decent run this weekend - driving up to North Yorkshire (from Norfolk) so will be interested to see if the predictive driving works ?

• Thanks 1

On 6/5/2023 at 8:25 PM, Alan Thompson said:

Last couple of days have resulted in 43 miles covered. This includes a 10 or so mile dash at 60/70 on Motorway.

Tonight's guess is 55.4/54.3

I've achieved 46 miles against the last guess.

Highest yet guess tonight 55.6/54.4. 

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Ken R said:

Tonight's charge result - 50.8/48.2

A new contibuter to this section. Last charges over past 2 weeks [showing on app] have been 52.4/51.0. 

I am certainly getting 47 to 49 miles per charge done on mostly rural roads with a/c

The average m/kw reading over the past few months is showing 2.9. Would be interested to hear what others are reading

• Thanks 2

32 minutes ago, Mobeam said:

A new contibuter to this section. Last charges over past 2 weeks [showing on app] have been 52.4/51.0. 

I am certainly getting 47 to 49 miles per charge done on mostly rural roads with a/c

The average m/kw reading over the past few months is showing 2.9. Would be interested to hear what others are reading

Welcome. 52.4/51.0 is quite impressive. Summer time running and I get an average indicated 3.2. Winter tends to average 2.8. 

My best ever EV journey total was 51 miles which included c20 miles of motorway. A/c was off. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Mobeam said:

I've gone from 2.4 m/kw in winter to 3.3m/kw now. I've a feeling last summer it went as high as 3.5 but I could be mistaken.

SUMMARY TO DATE

Thank you to everybody that has contributed to this thread; that's 16 owners who have seen their stats improve as the weather has got warmer and their cars have put on more miles.

The overall average from all the inputs from the 24 January to 11 June has been 47.0 without A/C and 44.4 with A/C. Due to the way in which I set up the spreadsheet, it is difficult to be precise about the benefits but generally we are all getting more miles from out batteries than in the winter but the difference is not as great as I imagined. I regard this as a good thing because there are many other makes and models that take big hits in their electric range when the cold weather hits. Lexus seem to be managing this quite well. I also notice that those who have been regularly reporting for a while and, therefore, are presumably uses their vehicles most days, are getting better results than people who, say, charge their vehicle once or twice a week. The Doctor seems to be a special case as his figures have always been much higher than everyone else. Either he has bigger batteries than the rest of us or his high mileage (he recently reported reaching 20,000 miles in nearly a year of motoring) is giving significant benefit.

I am aware that I haven't between entirely consistent in my approach to these summaries; for example, the average above is an average of all inputs but in the past I have excluded the highest and lowest figures when calculating the averages. If anyone has any particular questions that they think the stats might answer, please ask. I will probably stop adding the stats to my spreadsheet soon but I encourage you to keep posting your stats as I think it is interesting to many of us to compare our car's own performance with others.

• Thanks 1

Several people have quoted the actual miles achieved against the predicted miles. This made me curious.

Take a round trip of 94 miles that I did on Saturday (and regularly do); this comprised of mostly 'A' road, some dual carriageway and going through 3 towns, traffic was fairly light. The predicted EV range was 47.5 miles (76.4km) in the app; the dash display indicated 75km range (45.6 miles) so I knew that I wasn't going to complete my journey on electric alone. I don't want to be using the engine in town for reasons of economy and pollution so once I hit a steady speed on the 'A' road, I switch to engine running and will manage this swapping between EV and HV mode throughout the journey.

Hence, I couldn't state how many actual miles I covered on EV to compare against the estimate. I couldn't even make a sensible guess because if I leave the car in HV, when I hit the first set of traffic lights in town, the car cleverly slips into Battery mode, returning itself to engine mode when I pick up speed after negotiating all the lights and roundabouts. I arrived home with a mile of predicted EV range on the app (the car showed zero) so my management was pretty well spot on and I think I optimised the mpg from the engine by operating it mainly in the steady speed sections of road.

Thoughts? Comments?

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Harrier Man said:

SUMMARY TO DATE

Thank you to everybody that has contributed to this thread; that's 16 owners who have seen their stats improve as the weather has got warmer and their cars have put on more miles.

The overall average from all the inputs from the 24 January to 11 June has been 47.0 without A/C and 44.4 with A/C. Due to the way in which I set up the spreadsheet, it is difficult to be precise about the benefits but generally we are all getting more miles from out batteries than in the winter but the difference is not as great as I imagined. I regard this as a good thing because there are many other makes and models that take big hits in their electric range when the cold weather hits. Lexus seem to be managing this quite well. I also notice that those who have been regularly reporting for a while and, therefore, are presumably uses their vehicles most days, are getting better results than people who, say, charge their vehicle once or twice a week. The Doctor seems to be a special case as his figures have always been much higher than everyone else. Either he has bigger batteries than the rest of us or his high mileage (he recently reported reaching 20,000 miles in nearly a year of motoring) is giving significant benefit.

I am aware that I haven't between entirely consistent in my approach to these summaries; for example, the average above is an average of all inputs but in the past I have excluded the highest and lowest figures when calculating the averages. If anyone has any particular questions that they think the stats might answer, please ask. I will probably stop adding the stats to my spreadsheet soon but I encourage you to keep posting your stats as I think it is interesting to many of us to compare our car's own performance with others.

Thanks for all your work compiling this!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Harrier Man said:

Several people have quoted the actual miles achieved against the predicted miles. This made me curious.

Take a round trip of 94 miles that I did on Saturday (and regularly do); this comprised of mostly 'A' road, some dual carriageway and going through 3 towns, traffic was fairly light. The predicted EV range was 47.5 miles (76.4km) in the app; the dash display indicated 75km range (45.6 miles) so I knew that I wasn't going to complete my journey on electric alone. I don't want to be using the engine in town for reasons of economy and pollution so once I hit a steady speed on the 'A' road, I switch to engine running and will manage this swapping between EV and HV mode throughout the journey.

Hence, I couldn't state how many actual miles I covered on EV to compare against the estimate. I couldn't even make a sensible guess because if I leave the car in HV, when I hit the first set of traffic lights in town, the car cleverly slips into battery mode, returning itself to engine mode when I pick up speed after negotiating all the lights and roundabouts. I arrived home with a mile of predicted EV range on the app (the car showed zero) so my management was pretty well spot on and I think I optimised the mpg from the engine by operating it mainly in the steady speed sections of road.

Thoughts? Comments?

Yes Malcolm on most trips out of town and with say 10 miles + I do exactly that i.e use both EV and HV in conjunction. Not so sure about using EV/HV Auto, however I do believe a number of members use it regularly.

Just received a Lexus email today showing the benefits of new 'Predictive Efficient Drive' in that using sat nav, predicts what mode is best for the most efficient use of power...clever stuff!

Someone has asked will it be available as OTA update......answer sometime later....so maybe next year !!

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Mobeam said:

Yes Malcolm on most trips out of town and with say 10 miles + I do exactly that i.e use both EV and HV in conjunction. Not so sure about using EV/HV Auto, however I do believe a number of members use it regularly.

Just received a Lexus email today showing the benefits of new 'Predictive Efficient Drive' in that using sat nav, predicts what mode is best for the most efficient use of power...clever stuff!

Someone has asked will it be available as OTA update......answer sometime later....so maybe next year !!

I used the Predictive Efficient Drive for the 1st time this weekend (only had the car a week) and it seemed to work quite well. Drive from Norfolk to North Yorks - just shy of 200 miles and ran out of EV about 12 miles short of destination so seems to have flipped from EV to HV well - especially as we hit a closed road and had a reasonable diversion which will have thrown the original calculation out a bit.

But it looks like Malcolm is doing this very well manually

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Harrier Man said:

Hence, I couldn't state how many actual miles I covered on EV to compare against the estimate. I couldn't even make a sensible guess because if I leave the car in HV, when I hit the first set of traffic lights in town, the car cleverly slips into battery mode, returning itself to engine mode when I pick up speed after negotiating all the lights and roundabouts. I arrived home with a mile of predicted EV range on the app (the car showed zero) so my management was pretty well spot on and I think I optimised the mpg from the engine by operating it mainly in the steady speed sections of road.

Thoughts? Comments?

One other conclusion I’ve come to Malcolm is that, very similar to our RX before, a gentle foot can squeeze a little more mpg out of the car when in HV mode by running the car in ‘normal’ mode rather than ‘eco’.

I’ve yet to test this locally in EV mode but the above was tested over circa 2500 miles on long trips of similar/same journeys & routes. Of course traffic, congestion differences etc have to be taken in to consideration but with the RX we never used ‘eco’ mode after the first 6 months of a 4.5 year ownership

Re switching between EV and HV when on ‘out of EV range’ trips we also try to mentally analyse how best to maximise the EV range, sometimes forgetting that the car defaults to EV mode when it restarts 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Alan Thompson said:

AC on high and the ventilated seats on the last few days.

Thank you for reminding me of what is coming when I get my new car. Hopefully a long summer of a bad MPH but a cool back, And the MPH improving in the autumn. 

12 hours ago, Alan Thompson said:

56.5/53.1 a bit of a bigger difference with & without AC tonight.

Could be because I've had the AC on high and the ventilated seats on the last few days.

I looked at the stats and noticed that the 'without a/c' figure tends to change in small increments and is relatively stable whereas there are bigger and wilder fluctuations in the 'with a/c' figures. Not an unexpected finding as the software is trying to predict the range based on the occupants use of the heating and cooling systems and I guess this can vary quite a bit from drive to drive depending on time of day, number of occupants, outside air temperature, etc.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links