Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Stats on NX 450h+ Predicted EV Range

A further new high tonight with a predicted range of 56.1/55.5 showing. Actual from yesterday's 54.9 was 46.5 including about 12 miles of motorway driving.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Tonight 58.8/58.2 - that's the highest with a/c figure I've had.

It's all immaterial as the actual figures seem quite erratic - I achieved 42 against yesterday's guess of 57.

It seems like the last 15 miles or so predicted range can be wildly inaccurate - I lost 6 miles prediction against 2 miles driven - most up a steep hill to be fair.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I think I’ve peaked now.. stuck at 64.4/63.8 for last 3 days.. real range also starting to drop back too, most likely Battery now having to utilise some of capacity to maintain core temperature. Still managed 57 miles though.. which included 53 on motorway (albeit the extended car park that is the wonderful M25) Basically Epsom to just below Oxford… 

IMG_0231.png

IMG_0230.png

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I still reckon that when starting a journey on a full Battery the rate of depletion over the first 50% of charge is much slower than when the Battery charge level falls below 50%. I recently covered a 52 mile journey (26 miles each way) and the outward journey only "consumed" 24 miles of Battery power whilst the return journey using exactly the same route demanded the remaining 28 miles of available charge plus 4 miles using the ICE. I appreciate road conditions will affect performance but this observation is consistent over many journeys.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Agreed.. have also noticed that when I’m down towards its lower 3rd the capacity drops significantly as does the miles to kWh. Was tracking easily at 5.1 over a distance of 40miles to see this drop back to 4.1 before HEV dropped in.. 

• Like 2

15 hours ago, AkioT said:

I think I’ve peaked now.. stuck at 64.4/63.8 for last 3 days.. real range also starting to drop back too, most likely battery now having to utilise some of capacity to maintain core temperature. Still managed 57 miles though.. which included 53 on motorway (albeit the extended car park that is the wonderful M25) Basically Epsom to just below Oxford… 

IMG_0231.png

IMG_0230.png

Pete

When you have zero miles EV range what is the traction Battery % ? I ask this as for me when  the traction Battery is showing 30% I have zero EV range (30% being required for normal HEV operation). As you are achieving quite a reasonable number of additional EV miles than the average I was wondering if your vehicle uses more of the reserved 30% Battery charge?

Hope that makes sense

Colin

Hi Colin, 

Just like you my zero EV range reads as 30% for normal HEV operation. Although I would say that I’ve noted that the traction charges up to its capacity of 14.79kWh (as highest I’ve seen from hive) based upon that and my summer 4.2 (ish) miles to kWh then that does match the predicted range of around 64. It’s the better than expected  capacity that making all the difference I guess.. no software updates as yet either as it’s not been serviced either

cheers, Pete 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Latest figures are 47.3. /  46.3.  Marginal increase 

new app still being flaky   When on charge went into app to see how far along it was - only gettin Error try later.  Did get charge complete notification and then app working ok ???

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Todays figures are 47.5 and 46.5 - continuing the slow but steady increase 

would like to go back to the old app.  When I try to check on charge progress am still getting    ERROR  try again later, only clears after I get the Charging Complete  notification

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, HMT said:

Todays figures are 47.5 and 46.5 - continuing the slow but steady increase 

would like to go back to the old app.  When I try to check on charge progress am still getting    ERROR  try again later, only clears after I get the Charging Complete  notification

We are tracking each other very closely on stats!
Old app/new app? What am I missing. I’m just using Lexus Link and it seems to work fine with just the odd glitch, but ok. I’m not seeing any errors. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Harry Junior said:

We are tracking each other very closely on stats!
Old app/new app? What am I missing. I’m just using Lexus Link and it seems to work fine with just the odd glitch, but ok. I’m not seeing any errors. 

Yes we have been tracking very close to each other for all of our posts since we got our cars.

I switched from the “original” app to the new Lexus Link+ app a couple of weeks ago, and it seems to be a step backwards, error on checking charging, limited view on trips ( only last rolling month) , reduced info on Lexus Portal Etc . But cannot switch back to old app.. try and stay with the “old” app as long as you can, or till Lexus get this new app up to speed.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Last night's charge resulted in 58.8/56.5 I had a few days where it was only showing one figure for range but back to how it used to be now.

I've not downloaded the new app, I expect it will/may already have updated automatically.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Alan Thompson said:

Last night's charge resulted in 58.8/56.5 I had a few days where it was only showing one figure for range but back to how it used to be now.

I've not downloaded the new app, I expect it will/may already have updated automatically.

Alan, no this will not update automatically, it’s not an upgrade to the existing app. but rather a completely “new” and different app with new layout that you have download, install and then register onto.  Once on the link+ app you cannot go back to the old app

my advice is stick with your current version for the time being - till Lexus either kill it off or get the new version up to a reasonable level

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, HMT said:

Yes we have been tracking very close to each other for all of our posts since we got our cars.

I switched from the “original” app to the new Lexus Link+ app a couple of weeks ago, and it seems to be a step backwards, error on checking charging, limited view on trips ( only last rolling month) , reduced info on Lexus Portal Etc . But cannot switch back to old app.. try and stay with the “old” app as long as you can, or till Lexus get this new app up to speed.

Good advice, Harry. Thank you! Painful experience and sadly poor reflection on Lexus ‘peripheral’ support. If the + app was ever promoted I certainly didn’t see it. In my professional life we’d call that a ‘stealth rollout’! Sad when the car is such a pleasure to own otherwise (apart from keys, wheel nuts etc still unresolved.) 

• Like 2

Just as an aside to this subject, the NX traction Battery is 18.1Kwh and from earlier investigation on the RAV4 forum (NX 450 has same battery) it is believed that RAV4/NX PHEV have about 13.5Kwh usuable Battery for EV operation. The remaining capacity is reserved for HEV operation and protecting the Battery from overcharging.

Also we can expect a loss of around 8% of inputted energy due to heating losses within the Battery and on-board charger which would explain why we may see charging cycles with more than 13.5Kwh inputted from our wall box. Obviously these are approximated figures and will vary case by case. So if you were achieving 3.5 miles/Kwh you could see a range of about 47 miles. During warm weather this is likely to be higher but will be much lower during the winter. Again as we know these figures vary significantly by driving conditions and style.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, HMT said:

Alan, no this will not update automatically, it’s not an upgrade to the existing app. but rather a completely “new” and different app with new layout that you have download, install and then register onto.  Once on the link+ app you cannot go back to the old app

my advice is stick with your current version for the time being - till Lexus either kill it off or get the new version up to a reasonable level

Thanks John

I intend to stick with what I've got - had enough trouble getting this to work last year!! 

• Like 3

Non aircon prediction still creeping up after tonight's recharge indicating 56.3 which is a best ever.  With aircon down however to 53.5. Actual from yesterday's predicted 54.5 a rather disappointing 42. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Well the spike in temperature we’re all enjoying has delivered a new high.. 64.9/63.6.
Achieved 62miles in full EV (real world) this morning before HEV kicked in, landing 133 miles later (isleworth) having achieved 107mpg with 82miles Having been in EV. It was busy.. (very) but moving ..

on the way back managed 54 real world (with AC) and achieved 95mpg combined, almost exactly the same ratio of the journey in EV. 

hoping to crack 65 before this mini heatwave disappears.. 

IMG_0275.jpeg

IMG_0276.png

IMG_0279.png

IMG_0278.jpeg

IMG_0280.png

• Like 3

Rising number continues with regard to non aircon prediction now showing 56.5. With aircon its at 53.7 which is slightly ahead of last nights figure but down on the highpoint.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links