Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Newbie with a lighting question

Hi

I've just picked up a 2020 RC 300 f-sport, having traded in a 2018 IS300 f-sport

Drove the car during the week, loved it.  Collected it this evening and as I drove away (in the dark) it felt as though I hadn't got the lights on, the interior was so dark. After spending too long on google and searching on here, I thought I would jump in and ask a question.  Am I missing something?  None of the console is lit at all, only the screen and the main dash (speedo etc). The centre console under the screen, right back to the centre is pitch black.  There are no back lights on any of the heating controls or pad etc, nothing like my IS was or the previous two were

Any help would be greatly appreciated!  Thanks so much, Lorri 

IMG_8940.jpg

Hello Lorri.

Excellent choice..looks identical to mine.

Have you looked at manual(or online version)?

From memory there is a control to one side of the steering column, can't remember if L or R.It has up/down arrows to adjust brightness of the internal lighting

Hi David

Thank you so much for replying, I really appreciate it!

I've got square eyes (and the hump!) trying to find it in the manual.  I am a girl who won't give up but sat in the car with a torch for an hour is even testing my limits!!  

I found two buttons (up/down) to the right of the steering column, near the boot/petrol but it did nothing.  The interior is pitch black and pretty horrible to drive like that 

2 minutes ago, DavidCM said:

...just realised that you have bought an identical car ..model,year,colour,spec,interior and collected it a year to the day since I collected mine.

David

And you are in Hampshire - spooky!

As long as I am not going crazy and it's not meant to be pitch black inside, I can stop looking and go to the dealership in the morning!

I hope I have explained it properly - the entire centre console for instance, all of the heating controls, the track pad, the music system are all in total darkness.  It would be impossible to adjust anything at night and was pretty horrible to drive 

11 minutes ago, Lorri said:

I hope I have explained it properly - the entire centre console for instance, all of the heating controls, the track pad, the music system are all in total darkness.  It would be impossible to adjust anything at night and was pretty horrible to drive 

I’m pretty sure mine is back lit, possible just a fuse?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Jgtcracer said:

I’m pretty sure mine is back lit, possible just a fuse?

Thank you for taking the time.  I hope that's all it is, I can't imagine that it's meant to be unlit!

I,ve just checked my on line manual and it is to the RHS of the steering wheel.There appears to be a button or v small panel between the up and down arrows but I don't think it does anything.

The whole centre console,roof switches and door switches for windows etc should light up in conjunction with the dash.

Ask if you get stuck.

10 minutes ago, DavidCM said:

I,ve just checked my on line manual and it is to the RHS of the steering wheel.There appears to be a button or v small panel between the up and down arrows but I don't think it does anything.

The whole centre console,roof switches and door switches for windows etc should light up in conjunction with the dash.

Ask if you get stuck.

Thank you David. That's the one I adjusted (then angrily pushed!) earlier, but no change.  Hopefully it is something simple like fuse

Hi Lorri. Beautiful car you have. Take a chill pill. Contact the dealer you got the car from. Was it a Lexus dealer? Take the car back to them in the morning or afternoon and get them to have a look. You have a minimum of a 3 month guarantee. 

Lorri, the up/down brightness adjustment controls only work when the tail-lights are on and are themselves both working properly.  Your Lexus dealer will presumably know this, but check anyway.

Congratulations on your car.  Great choice.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Mr Vlad said:

Hi Lorri. Beautiful car you have. Take a chill pill. Contact the dealer you got the car from. Was it a Lexus dealer? Take the car back to them in the morning or afternoon and get them to have a look. You have a minimum of a 3 month guarantee. 

Yes, it was a Lexus dealer and yes, I will be going back this morning.  I just thought that I would come on here and ask the question, rather than wasting time/looking an idiot by driving all the way back there tomorrow when in fact the console shouldn't be lit anyway 

31 minutes ago, Mr Vlad said:

Hi Lorri. Thanks for the reply. Looking forward to what the dealer had to say about it and what they did to rectify the issue. 

They were great, it was a simple fuse blown when they installed the dash cam.  Now sorted and is perfect 

• Like 2

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links