Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Buying lexus nx300h 2014

Hello. I am looking to buy a car. Lexus Nx300h October 2014 . The only thing worrying me about is the servis history .   Thank you for your e-mail on our Lexus NX300, The service history on this car is as follows  29/04/2016 16,601 Miles Lexus 03/05/2017  21327  Miles Lexus 15/05/2018   25539 Miles Lexus  13/10/2020   33249  independent garage   This was the answer when i asked for . My question is is it worth buying it. First service is over 16k miles , yes is new car and manufacuter oil but still seems to be too long for me. And there is no service from 2020 and is over a 2 years so far and 8k miles . I have cheak the car MOT is in noverber 2022. Current miles 41k Currently based in UK I will be happy for answers 

Welcome Tish,

Obviously I cannot give an authoritative opinion, but I share your concern.

To buy a quality car, and then not bother to have it serviced regularly, suggests that it hasn't been 'loved' or shown the care that a piece of well-engineered machinery deserves. There's probably been some 'penny-pinching' going on, and that doesn't auger well.

If you've not yet seen the vehicle, and are easily able to do so - I'd go and have a look just to see the general state of the body and interior - but I can't help thinking that will only confirm your concerns.

• Like 2

There is no mention of owner's, if it's just the one, it might worth finding out more information but if it's had 4 or more especially more changes of hands in the last few years I would be concerned.

• Like 1

Any views here would be very subjective without a lot more detail on car / previous ownership / dealership / cost / warranty etc. etc

However I would be very suspicious and nervous about this car.

why wait 18 months and 16k miles before 1st service, and also it is almost 5 years since a Lexus service with the included hybrid check ( did the independent garage perform this?) and the extended warranty this check provides.  So state of batteries would be of concern 

mot from last year - assume dealership will provide full Mot if purchased.

what warrenty on car and does it include batteries

• Like 1

I think its worth seeing the vehicle and seeing how it drives.

If the price is good i.e. £3-4k less than an equivalent car with Full lexus service history at a Lexus dealer it might be worth a punt. You won't get any serious long term damage with an oil change at 16k miles and also over 2 years if its only travelled 8k in that time.

For piece of mind you could get a Lexus service which would then give it 1 years Relax warranty

• Like 4

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links