Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Lexus Link

1 hour ago, Ken R said:

Thanks for this. Will give it a go and report back. I wasn't aware of the front camera software update until I booked the car in for service (wasn't aware of the DCM recall either). Completed 4 journeys today but the app only recorded 3!

What I have noticed is that the Premium Plus pack with sunroof is now listing front cross traffic alert as part of the pack. Does yours have this?

I don't have FCTA on my car - unless it's a feature I haven't discovered yet!

1 hour ago, Ken R said:

What I have noticed is that the Premium Plus pack with sunroof is now listing front cross traffic alert as part of the pack. Does yours have this?

Damn, i would have paid for this as an extra (cost dependent) had it been available on the FSport when I ordered ours. It would help no end trying to exit from our blind driveway but I didn’t want to stretch to the additional cost of the Takumi pack at the time.

I too noticed the fingerprint issue and have had to change to a code.

I've also noticed that the app never shows the car has 'charged'. It's always shown as 'charging' even at 100%

I'd like the app to send a notification once charging is complete. The wife's Mini app does this which we find really useful.

33 minutes ago, BonzoSPB said:

I've also noticed that the app never shows the car has 'charged'. It's always shown as 'charging' even at 100%

I'd like the app to send a notification once charging is complete. The wife's Mini app does this which we find really useful.

I don't get a notification but the App does tell me that the car is charged; it doesn't continue to show 'charging'.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, BonzoSPB said:

The finger print topic turned out to be a 'feature' of the app😉. Once you enable the finger print on the app, it never logs you out hence doesn't ask for the validation any more. You need to log yourself out to let the app ask for the finger scan again.  

In second day of ownership I still haven’t been able to successfully link the app to my 350h after many attempts. Each time I start the car I have to specify it uses English language. ☹️ The dealer couldn’t manage it on handover yesterday either….

55 minutes ago, Andyml said:

In second day of ownership I still haven’t been able to successfully link the app to my 350h after many attempts. Each time I start the car I have to specify it uses English language. ☹️ The dealer couldn’t manage it on handover yesterday either….

Are you linked up through the portal Andy? Not the app in the first instance. You should be able to see "My vehicle" with your chassis number, it's location and other information. I think you need to be linked here first as that ties you and your new car into the Lexus central database. The Deep Dive tutorial goes through setting up the app in detail (although there are some minor differences for the US model).

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Harrier Man said:

Are you linked up through the portal Andy? Not the app in the first instance. You should be able to see "My vehicle" with your chassis number, it's location and other information. I think you need to be linked here first as that ties you and your new car into the Lexus central database. The Deep Dive tutorial goes through setting up the app in detail (although there are some minor differences for the US model).

Many thanks Malcolm - I will check with our friend Melissa (deep dive tutorial) - through Facebook Lexus have offered to put me in touch with their “connectivity team” too - hopefully I’ll get connected soon. 👍

On 3/26/2023 at 1:18 PM, Harrier Man said:

Ken, if you go into Settings (in the car) and select 'Navigation', 'Other' and then 'Position/Direction'; does it show the position of your car accurately? If not you can move the map so that the correct position is shown (Press okay) and then do the same for Direction. Having reset the car's position, it would be interesting to know if your car then starts reporting the correct location more reliably.

Is the front camera software update you mention related the LTA update do you know? My app shows only two recall updates are required, LTA and DCM, but I know that non-safety related issues (fuel filler door for example) do not appear as recalls.

Tried this but without success. Date, mileage and car location wrong. Car won't now lock via the app and service record incorrect. It's just not up to the job.

23 hours ago, Harrier Man said:

Hi Harrier Man, I’m not quite sure what you mean by the “Portal”. I haven’t had a chance to try connecting again since my last attempt but, bizarrely, I checked the app on my phone this evening and it has lots of details of my trip to Chichester yesterday. It also knows remaining fuel and total mileage so far. Something must have connected somewhere surely?  

12 minutes ago, Andyml said:

Hi Harrier Man, I’m not quite sure what you mean by the “Portal”. I haven’t had a chance to try connecting again since my last attempt but, bizarrely, I checked the app on my phone this evening and it has lots of details of my trip to Chichester yesterday. It also knows remaining fuel and total mileage so far. Something must have connected somewhere surely?  

By 'Portal', I mean connecting to your Lexus account through My Lexus on the lexus.co.uk website. My understanding is that either your dealer or Lexus HQ have to initiate the link and then various options, in stages (not necessarily all at once), become available. It sounds like this process is underway, even if it was a little tardy, as you are starting to see some information coming through. Some people (see Ken's post above) seem to have more problems than others; sometimes they persist, sometimes they resolve themselves. Remember, this is software so the rule of GIGO applies (Garbage In Garbage Out). For there to be a coherent, sensible output, the car has to know the correct date and its correct location (maybe other factors too). If it has the wrong date, by which I mean a different date to the main Lexus server date then it is bound to get confused. If the start location is wrong, then there is a good chance the end of trip location will be wrong and the system will be confused because the actual track between the start and end of your journey won't match its internal road map.

I don't know enough about the parameters the software is using (eg to what extent it relies on GPS or cell tower triangulation to determine position) to suggest anything definitive; all I know is that it is best to give the system the best chance possible, I recommend ensuring that any parameter you can change is fixed to the correct value.

One other thing that may help (or may confuse!). I set my car's location before I picked up my car but I only got one chance at this when I was setting things up. I could easily have skipped this setting and was never offered a second opportunity either to enter the location or correct it. Because it only happened once, I cannot remember any of the questions asked, what options were available or even what application I was in at the time. All I can suggest is to be in you guard and to wish you good luck.

2 hours ago, Ken R said:

Tried this but without success. Date, mileage and car location wrong. Car won't now lock via the app and service record incorrect. It's just not up to the job.

Sorry my suggestions didn't help Ken, I hope they haven't made your situation worse 😞

Is anything in my reply to Andy likely to help? I don't have any inside knowledge, just using my own software/hardware experience and my own experience with my own 450h+ to offer suggestions.

44 minutes ago, Harrier Man said:

By 'Portal', I mean connecting to your Lexus account through My Lexus on the lexus.co.uk website. My understanding is that either your dealer or Lexus HQ have to initiate the link and then various options, in stages (not necessarily all at once), become available. It sounds like this process is underway, even if it was a little tardy, as you are starting to see some information coming through. Some people (see Ken's post above) seem to have more problems than others; sometimes they persist, sometimes they resolve themselves. Remember, this is software so the rule of GIGO applies (Garbage In Garbage Out). For there to be a coherent, sensible output, the car has to know the correct date and its correct location (maybe other factors too). If it has the wrong date, by which I mean a different date to the main Lexus server date then it is bound to get confused. If the start location is wrong, then there is a good chance the end of trip location will be wrong and the system will be confused because the actual track between the start and end of your journey won't match its internal road map.

I don't know enough about the parameters the software is using (eg to what extent it relies on GPS or cell tower triangulation to determine position) to suggest anything definitive; all I know is that it is best to give the system the best chance possible, I recommend ensuring that any parameter you can change is fixed to the correct value.

One other thing that may help (or may confuse!). I set my car's location before I picked up my car but I only got one chance at this when I was setting things up. I could easily have skipped this setting and was never offered a second opportunity either to enter the location or correct it. Because it only happened once, I cannot remember any of the questions asked, what options were available or even what application I was in at the time. All I can suggest is to be in you guard and to wish you good luck.

Very helpful…..you’d think they’d tell you all this from the start…not expect us to navigate an initiation trial! I’ll check out the portal. Many thanks again. 👍👍

18 hours ago, Ken R said:

Ken,

I have identical issues. The after sales manager at Lexus Edinburgh has raised a case for the “no remote locking” with Toyota Europe systems team to try and get a fix. Having said that, it’s is getting on for 2 months now with no feedback.

I did get a call earlier this week, they now have the kit in to fix the fuel flap. 

• Like 1

Yes. I got the fuel flap fix at the time of the annual service and all works fine. App is however all over the place. The DCM update has helped in that it now records about 80% of journeys but dates are wrong, location of vehicle wrong and total mileage wrong and now the remote locking via link isn't working because it says the vehicle is moving. Likewise the after sales manager at Lexus Edinburgh is on the case. Its a great car being let down by this poor app.

I can’t say anything bad about Lexus Link in opposite to my colleagues from PL. Application always works for me, register trips, heat my car when needed. Lock/unlock doors without any issue. My car was produced in Jan 2023. Maybe get the latest DCM or have a good signal. 

On 4/1/2023 at 7:10 AM, zanderblue said:

Ken,

I have identical issues. The after sales manager at Lexus Edinburgh has raised a case for the “no remote locking” with Toyota Europe systems team to try and get a fix. Having said that, it’s is getting on for 2 months now with no feedback.

I did get a call earlier this week, they now have the kit in to fix the fuel flap. 

OK, so dealer has now received feedback from Toyota Europe. They are recommending that dealer performs a “Y code registration” for the vehicle. 
I’ll get a visit to dealer scheduled for near future. Progress hopefully!

As an aside has anyone heard of Y code registration??

Well the app, which mainly functioned up until November last year, has progressively become more unusable over the last couple of months. 

having lost the ability to locate the car, turn on the remote heating, lock/unlock; the charge status has now become unusable

I can only hope that it gives me the lottery numbers as it has turned into a time machine and shows nothing other than 50% charge and that it’s charging. Maybe it’s predicting the state in the future?

image.thumb.png.1c6ffcdb099d32238778d213241721c4.png

Dealer is unable to do anything as they don’t have access to this info, the DCM recall (XGG78) might fix it but is on hold and only those who receive a letter will get it

I have pretty much given up with the app now and have to rely on my wall charger to guess the charge level

I wish there was somewhere in Lexus that we could report to as the dealers can’t/shouldn’t deal with these kind of centralised system problems

I’m sure someone on the tech team would be able to look at the raw data and work out what is going wrong

it’s so frustrating to be sold a vehicle based upon improved tech for it to not work. I just hope the reliability that I’ve had on my previous two Lexus cars hasn’t been compromised too 

3 hours ago, SA1 said:

Well the app, which mainly functioned up until November last year, has progressively become more unusable over the last couple of months. 

having lost the ability to locate the car, turn on the remote heating, lock/unlock; the charge status has now become unusable

I can only hope that it gives me the lottery numbers as it has turned into a time machine and shows nothing other than 50% charge and that it’s charging. Maybe it’s predicting the state in the future?

Dealer is unable to do anything as they don’t have access to this info, the DCM recall (XGG78) might fix it but is on hold and only those who receive a letter will get it

I have pretty much given up with the app now and have to rely on my wall charger to guess the charge level

I wish there was somewhere in Lexus that we could report to as the dealers can’t/shouldn’t deal with these kind of centralised system problems

I’m sure someone on the tech team would be able to look at the raw data and work out what is going wrong

it’s so frustrating to be sold a vehicle based upon improved tech for it to not work. I just hope the reliability that I’ve had on my previous two Lexus cars hasn’t been compromised too 

I can only confirm that for my 2023 NX350h Lexus Link works perfectly. You need to wait for a recall and DCM upgrade. Also make sure that your signal is good. 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, SA1 said:

I haven't received a recall letter but the DCM upgrade was carried out when my NX was in for annual service last month. 

The hybrid coaching recording of journeys has since improved and about 4 out of every 5 are appearing however dates, location of vehicle, mileometer reading remain incorrect and remote locking/heating doesn't work. Have sent screenshots to the dealer and await a solution. All very disappointing.

• Sad 1

• 2 weeks later...

Patience wearing thin as I am still waiting for Toyota Europe to sort this issue. I was told the app had been updated and to uninstall/ reinstall. Didn't make any difference so have given them until Friday of this week to solve the problem. Incidentally the app does not appear to have been updated.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ken R said:

Patience wearing thin as I am still waiting for Toyota Europe to sort this issue. I was told the app had been updated and to uninstall/ reinstall. Didn't make any difference so have given them until Friday of this week to solve the problem. Incidentally the app does not appear to have been updated.

I’m headed in to Lexus Edinburgh next Wednesday for the fuel flap and the y code registration. Like you my patience is wearing thin waiting for resolution.

please keep us posted on how you get on, on Friday.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Ken R said:

My app updated last week. I haven't noticed any differences but I'm now at version 4.16.0

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Harrier Man said:

My app updated last week. I haven't noticed any differences but I'm now at version 4.16.0

Likewise the app update hasn't made any apparent difference. 

Friday has arrived and no resolution to the Lexus Link issues by the tech team in Belgium. Have been told it could take some time which is very disappointing say the least. Now contemplating selling as the combination of recalls and Link issues are taking the pleasure away from what is supposed to be a premium product. The upgrade for the exterior door handles to address the cold weather access issues I am told is imminent.

• Like 2

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links