Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Model year 2024 announced on Lexus Europe website ?

Straight from Lexus Europe Newsroom (Source)

Coming to Europe - not earlier than spring 2023 and with as many timetables (and flavours) as local markets 

• M&L soundsystem option for PHEV
  • Reinforced theft protection 
  • Slightly revised interior (glovebox will be in seat color)
  • Improved digital mirror (auto dimming at night)
  • Improved third stop taillight
  • Improved auto EV/HV mode using navigation data from onboard GPS, real-time traffic data and acceleration / braking data from your previous trips --> this major improvement may be avalaible by OTA or dealer update for older NXII models (to be confirmed)

Let us call it an incremental update 😀

• Like 4

I see that they are also going to extend the highlight colours to more of the interior trim (glove box; door panels; etc.). I'd need to see this in reality but I'm not sure the interior needed any more of this (at least not in my chosen option of Black & Rich Cream).

38 minutes ago, Andy B said:

I see that they are also going to extend the highlight colours to more of the interior trim (glove box; door panels; etc.). I'd need to see this in reality but I'm not sure the interior needed any more of this (at least not in my chosen option of Black & Rich Cream).

Yes, the pictures or should I say renderings are not particularly convincing. My current car (still waiting for my 450H+ to be delivered) has light color interior and glove box get's rather dirty pretty quick.

At least it does "lighten up"  front passenger space

2 hours ago, NiCoRe said:

Coming to Europe - not earlier than spring 2023 and with as many timetables (and flavours) as local markets 

• Improved auto EV/HV mode using navigation data from onboard GPS, real-time traffic data and acceleration / braking data from your previous trips --> this major improvement may be avalaible by OTA or dealer update for older NXII models (to be confirmed)

I always liked the seat colour door cards on my 2018 RX

ML sound system was really no better that the standard system on my 2018 RX.  -    I’d rather the fit a panoramic roof instead.   -   neither were fitted or offered as an option to the NX450h supposedly due to weight issues, presumably now they must have developed a lightweight ML sound system🤔. ML system is not something I’d pay for as an option based on previous experience.

Regarding “real time traffic info,” since Lexus always advertised this as being available on the NX and then changed to “will be available with an OTA update” I do hope they do an update to 2023 model cars and not find themselves guilty of mis-selling.

3 hours ago, NiCoRe said:

I am a bit confused about when these will start.? Anyone know

ordered NX450h + in June 22 and still awaiting build date, so do these apply to new builds from now or sometime in the future??

I have ordered the black with rich cream ( nearest to my current NX) and am not sure about the glove box in that cream rather than black.

Have ML in current NX and do rate it - better half’s fiesta sounded better !

I'm a bit in the same situation (order placed in February 22 and delivery scheduled for march...I keep fingers crossed). The press release states changes will be implemented from spring 2023 but with different timetable for each European market...
Configurators and brochures have yet to be updated 
Looks to me that chances are high, you'll get a non updated NXII (ie with dark glove box...) but you may check with our dealer.
Very little doubt for my future one, it should be on a boat or pretty close to board one and It will be a non MY24 NXII

got a reply from the dealer - they aren't sure but think that the new goodies are for the new orders placed, whenever they open. The ones already in the pipeline will stick to what was originally spec'ed.

On 2/10/2023 at 10:16 AM, NiCoRe said:

The most exciting thing here seems to be the reinforced theft protection. I wonder if this is to try to stop the canbus attack we have seen quite a lot of reporting of on this forum?

Paul

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, PDM said:

The most exciting thing here seems to be the reinforced theft protection. I wonder if this is to try to stop the canbus attack we have seen quite a lot of reporting of on this forum?

Paul

No, it does not seems related ton can bus attack but more on relay attack using UWB technology to detect "false  signals" and pinpoint the exact key 

On 2/11/2023 at 11:17 AM, Vira said:

got a reply from the dealer - they aren't sure but think that the new goodies are for the new orders placed, whenever they open. The ones already in the pipeline will stick to what was originally spec'ed.

The Lexus Europe announcement mentions "European introduction begins in spring 2023, with exact timing differing depending on each market."

Based on the circa 10 - 12 months order to delivery time we're all faced with of late, there's surely a high chance any orders placed in recent months will be 2024 MY specification, ones placed earlier last year maybe less clear...

2 hours ago, haith said:

The Lexus Europe announcement mentions "European introduction begins in spring 2023, with exact timing differing depending on each market."

Based on the circa 10 - 12 months order to delivery time we're all faced with of late, there's surely a high chance any orders placed in recent months will be 2024 MY specification, ones placed earlier last year maybe less clear...

I'm not sure it works that way.  When I ordered my NX it was possible to specify the Lexus Link Pro without having to bundle it with the electrically adjustable seats.  This configuration became unavailable very soon after I ordered and yet my car was delivered as originally specced, i.e. I don't think that model updates are retrospectively applied to already ordered cars.

2 hours ago, Simon F said:

I'm not sure it works that way.  When I ordered my NX it was possible to specify the Lexus Link Pro without having to bundle it with the electrically adjustable seats.  This configuration became unavailable very soon after I ordered and yet my car was delivered as originally specced, i.e. I don't think that model updates are retrospectively applied to already ordered cars.

That's an interesting example Simon. It would be amazing to think that the factory in Japan is churning out 2024 MY cars for Europe in the next few months but my car (which has an ETA of Q4) will be fitted out as a 2023 MY with different colour door cards, glovebox etc but on the same production line. Doesn't make sense to me and would be a logistical nightmare for the factory to manage. I'll ask my dealer and see what they say - will be interesting to see if the info the dealers have is consistent.

If Lexus Poland cancelled 360panorama view from my 2021 NX350h order mid trim I am sure they can cut other equpiptment too. Dont be surprised. They can give a discount or not. Especially you get modern glovebox color instead 🙂

My dealer tells me there is no official UK announcement re 2024 MY changes... I guess time will tell but for now, who knows when the new MY changes will arrive for UK vehicles and indeed whether they will match the recent EU announcement.

• 2 weeks later...

Has anyone found out when cars destined for the UK will start to be built to the 2024 spec ?

Will existing '22/'23 orders not yet built end up being a 24 spec car?

• 3 weeks later...

Been looking for info on the MY24 NX.

On the lexus.jp website they state:_

"Thank you for considering our vehicle.
NX has temporarily suspended accepting orders, but has resumed accepting orders from March 2, 2023."

MY24 production started March 2023, link below shows owners manuals with dates valid.
https://manual-lexus-jp.translate.goog/nx/?_x_tr_sl=ja&_x_tr_tl=en&_x_tr_hl=en&_x_tr_pto=sc

From the toyota global newsroom we have the below press release (thank you to google translate), some interesting points are:-

1) Looks like 20" wheels will now be fitted with non-runflats and will be painted differently ?

2) Looks like the 'Remote Park' function is now available

3) Looks like they will now use the integrated front and rear cameras to have a built in 'dashcam' system called a drive recorder.

link to info below is :-

https://global-toyota.translate.goog/jp/newsroom/lexus/38828853.html?_x_tr_sl=ja&_x_tr_tl=en&_x_tr_hl=en&_x_tr_pto=sc

Also some interesting details on the MY24 NX here if you can use google translate:-

https://lexus.jp/models/nx/

##########################################################

Review from the basic performance of the car"Lexus Driving Signature"Deepening

• Steering stability and ride comfort have been improved by improving the rigidity of the body and adjusting the suspension settings accordingly.
    • Improved body rigidity around the front(around the radiator support)
    • Improved body rigidity around the rear (addition of rear suspension member place)NX350 is already installed
    • By changing the front and rear body rigidity distributionAerodynamic balance adjustment
    • coil springs, absorbers,EPS tuning
  • With the NX350, drivability has been improved by improving the response and torque feeling at the time of starting, and by changing the control of the engine and transmission.
  • 20-inch normal tires are set to "version L" and "F SPORT" (manufacturer's option). The “version L” aluminum wheels are painted gray metallic, and the “F SPORT” aluminum wheels are painted black.

more luxurious interior

In order to make the interior more gorgeous and high-quality, the door trim, glove box, and console side panel on the passenger side use the same color as the interior theme color, and the color scheme of the interior has been renewed. (Excluding black and “F SPORT” exclusive black)

• NX350h “version L” Hazel
    NX350h “version L” Hazel
  • NX450h+“F SPORT” White for F SPORT
    NX450h+ “F SPORT”White for F SPORT

Supporting safety and security by expanding preventive safety performance

Lexus Safety System +

• Expanded the low-speed acceleration suppression function for pre-crash safety that supports collision avoidance or damage mitigation at low speeds. In addition to pedestrians, cyclists, and vehicles in front of the vehicle, structures such as walls are also recognized. It corresponds to a wider scene.
  • In addition to Proactive Driving Assist (PDA), which subtly assists driving, steering and deceleration assistance for pedestrians, bicyclists, and parked vehicles, deceleration assistance for preceding vehicles, deceleration assistance for curves, and deceleration when turning right or left at signalized intersections. Added support. Supports appropriate operation according to the driving situation.

Other safety equipment

• Lexus Teammate Advanced Park (with remote function) supports various parking situations such as forward parking, reverse parking, and forward parking, and parking that mitigates collisions caused by misapplication of the brake and accelerator to reduce damage. Support brake (surrounding stationary object) [PKSB] is also set to NX450h+ “F SPORT”. (NX450h+“version L”, NX350h already set)
  • Set the drive recorder (front and rear) (manufacturer option). Camera images in front of and behind the vehicle are constantly recorded in memory. Various recorded images are played back on the instrument panel center display. You can check the video immediately. Video data can be transferred *2 to a smartphone or USB memory, making it portable.
*2 You need to install the smartphone app "My Drive Recorder Viewer" to transfer/play back to your smartphone.

39 minutes ago, imgo said:

Been looking for info on the MY24 NX.

On the lexus.jp website they state:_

"Thank you for considering our vehicle.
NX has temporarily suspended accepting orders, but has resumed accepting orders from March 2, 2023."

MY24 production started March 2023, link below shows owners manuals with dates valid.
https://manual-lexus-jp.translate.goog/nx/?_x_tr_sl=ja&_x_tr_tl=en&_x_tr_hl=en&_x_tr_pto=sc

From the toyota global newsroom we have the below press release (thank you to google translate), some interesting points are:-

1) Looks like 20" wheels will now be fitted with non-runflats and will be painted differently ?

2) Looks like the 'Remote Park' function is now available

3) Looks like they will now use the integrated front and rear cameras to have a built in 'dashcam' system called a drive recorder.

link to info below is :-

https://global-toyota.translate.goog/jp/newsroom/lexus/38828853.html?_x_tr_sl=ja&_x_tr_tl=en&_x_tr_hl=en&_x_tr_pto=sc

Also some interesting details on the MY24 NX here if you can use google translate:-

https://lexus.jp/models/nx/

##########################################################

Review from the basic performance of the car"Lexus Driving Signature"Deepening

• Steering stability and ride comfort have been improved by improving the rigidity of the body and adjusting the suspension settings accordingly.
    • Improved body rigidity around the front(around the radiator support)
    • Improved body rigidity around the rear (addition of rear suspension member place)NX350 is already installed
    • By changing the front and rear body rigidity distributionAerodynamic balance adjustment
    • coil springs, absorbers,EPS tuning
  • With the NX350, drivability has been improved by improving the response and torque feeling at the time of starting, and by changing the control of the engine and transmission.
  • 20-inch normal tires are set to "version L" and "F SPORT" (manufacturer's option). The “version L” aluminum wheels are painted gray metallic, and the “F SPORT” aluminum wheels are painted black.

more luxurious interior

In order to make the interior more gorgeous and high-quality, the door trim, glove box, and console side panel on the passenger side use the same color as the interior theme color, and the color scheme of the interior has been renewed. (Excluding black and “F SPORT” exclusive black)

• NX350h “version L” Hazel
    NX350h “version L” Hazel
  • NX450h+“F SPORT” White for F SPORT
    NX450h+ “F SPORT”White for F SPORT

Supporting safety and security by expanding preventive safety performance

Lexus Safety System +

• Expanded the low-speed acceleration suppression function for pre-crash safety that supports collision avoidance or damage mitigation at low speeds. In addition to pedestrians, cyclists, and vehicles in front of the vehicle, structures such as walls are also recognized. It corresponds to a wider scene.
  • In addition to Proactive Driving Assist (PDA), which subtly assists driving, steering and deceleration assistance for pedestrians, bicyclists, and parked vehicles, deceleration assistance for preceding vehicles, deceleration assistance for curves, and deceleration when turning right or left at signalized intersections. Added support. Supports appropriate operation according to the driving situation.

Other safety equipment

• Lexus Teammate Advanced Park (with remote function) supports various parking situations such as forward parking, reverse parking, and forward parking, and parking that mitigates collisions caused by misapplication of the brake and accelerator to reduce damage. Support brake (surrounding stationary object) [PKSB] is also set to NX450h+ “F SPORT”. (NX450h+“version L”, NX350h already set)
  • Set the drive recorder (front and rear) (manufacturer option). Camera images in front of and behind the vehicle are constantly recorded in memory. Various recorded images are played back on the instrument panel center display. You can check the video immediately. Video data can be transferred *2 to a smartphone or USB memory, making it portable.
*2 You need to install the smartphone app "My Drive Recorder Viewer" to transfer/play back to your smartphone.

Interesting info. The question still remains for all of us with cars on order - when will the UK get 2024 MY cars and will they be aligned with these changes... There seems to be zero info out there so far.

I have a NX350h Takumi on order and Lexus customer services have told me that it will be a MY24 when built. As far as I can tell, all cars built from 2nd March are to the MY24 spec.

• Thanks 1

Interesting info Michael has unearthed but since most has been translated from the Japanese site and manual, who can say which of these new features will find there way onto European cars. US, European and Asian models have always been slightly differently specified.

3 minutes ago, Harrier Man said:

Interesting info Michael has unearthed but since most has been translated from the Japanese site and manual, who can say which of these new features will find there way onto European cars. US, European and Asian models have always been slightly differently specified.

I agree Malcolm that UK specs do differ and always have done. For instance in the US you can have power folding rear seats on the new NX, but not on UK spec. 

Matching color glovebox and side panels have made their way on the Lexus France Website...but we are still waiting for the ML audio option for the 450H+.

Lexus France also decided to drop the 350h AWD line due to commercial constraints : with different taxes (CO2, weight taxes, company taxes), the 350h AWD would be pricier than the 450h+. 
On the other hand it is said that more than 50% of the sales in France are going to PHEV...

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links