Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

We are so so lucky with our more simple cars wiper rubbers and blades generally   .......  always easily available and inexpensive I know

Just having to replace the split driver's side windscreen wiper on my 56 plate Honda Legend ..  3 screws system blade fitting ............and no other car like it .....  it's a Honda Main Dealer only part and just short of £20 and a few days delivery time

the last time I bought the one from the Honda Main Dealer was £12.88 in Dec 2017 and about 30k miles ago  🤑

Hope this new one lasts as long eh !

Malc

I change wiper blades at each service, so 12 months max, perhaps 8k miles and IMHO they are shot. Approx £20 from the dealership.

An acquaintance recently had to renew the blades on his SL Mercedes, £200 the pair! Apparently they are 'active' blades where the screen wash is passed through the blade directly onto the screen

I'll stick with £20 a year, maybe even sooner if I feel the performance has dropped off 

• Like 1

Years ago, probably the early '80s,I had a Lancia Delta as a company car.The rear wiper didn't have a conventional washer jet but the fluid was delivered via a tube attached to the wiper arm,to a jet on the end of the wiper arm.

This was clever Italian engineering,as the wiper arm fell off the drive spindle every third wipe.Ay least it didn't get lost....

• Haha 2

mine on the Ls400 were changed at the last service ( November )  for full blades .....  till then, for many times, I had just replaced the rubbers .  these are now better but no idea of the make as the guy servicing the car just got them from his usual Factor supplier .  they seem fine btw

Malc

On 2/21/2023 at 5:40 PM, Malc1 said:

Just having to replace the split driver's side windscreen wiper on my 56 plate Honda Legend ..  3 screws system blade fitting ............and no other car like it .....  it's a Honda Main Dealer only part and just short of £20 and a few days delivery time

Just had a call from the Honda Main Dealer and YES the wiper blade has arrived and wheyyyyy..... .  he opened the box to check and he's never seen one like it before either .  these youngsters eh !   anyone would think the car is rare  🤣

Malc

On 2/21/2023 at 9:28 PM, DavidCM said:

Years ago, probably the early '80s,I had a Lancia Delta as a company car.The rear wiper didn't have a conventional washer jet but the fluid was delivered via a tube attached to the wiper arm,to a jet …. the the wiper arm fell off the drive spindle every third wipe. …

Strangest thing, I had two Deltas, MYs 1982 and 1985, as wall as a 1985 Gamma Coupé, all with the system you describe, and don’t recall any such problem.  I’ve never thought about it before now but, looking back, I don’t think I’ve ever had cleaner rear windows.

36 minutes ago, steve2006 said:

Lancia Gamma coupe RHD 2.5l 4 cylinder boxer engine in silver, can still see it now.

Yes, a lovely car in its day, and surprisingly reliable.  Raised a few jealous eyebrows when I chose it as a company car.  It was light metallic blue, tan leather, spectacular in direct sunlight, preferably Mediterranean quayside.  Must rank as one of Pininfarina’s best designs.

The Lancia Gamma (830), the one that rusted away to nothing in under 5 years in the UK climate?
No, it was not as bad as the Beta (828)(under 3 years) but it wasn't great.
Additionally to that the Gamma's alloy boxer engine was one of the most unreliable that Lancia ever made due to the cambelt driven power steering pump.
A friend in Belgium has several Lancias and had his Gamma modified to fit a power steering pump from some other car so it could be driven by a v-belt from the crank.
Yes, it was pretty (especially the Coupé) as was the Beta and many other Lancia's, but not reliable.

Back to wiper blades, I like the Bosch AeroTwin blades on my LS430.
They seem to last well, wipe well, and only require minor modification to the clip cover to fit the blade to the driver side.

27 minutes ago, BigBoomer said:

The Lancia Gamma (830), the one that rusted away to nothing in under 5 years in the UK climate?
No, it was not as bad as the Beta (828)(under 3 years) but it wasn't great.
Additionally to that the Gamma's alloy boxer engine was one of the most unreliable that Lancia ever made due to the cambelt driven power steering pump.
A friend in Belgium has several Lancias and had his Gamma modified to fit a power steering pump from some other car so it could be driven by a v-belt from the crank.
Yes, it was pretty (especially the Coupé) as was the Beta and many other Lancia's, but not reliable.

Back to wiper blades, I like the Bosch AeroTwin blades on my LS430.
They seem to last well, wipe well, and only require minor modification to the clip cover to fit the blade to the driver side.

Don’t know if it rusted in later life.  Showed no signs of it at three years and approx. 90000km in all manner of weathers evenly split between Italy and Scandinavia.  Never had engine problems, regularly serviced, one proud and careful user, namely me.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Rabbers said:

Never had engine problems,

Reminds me of visiting the Alfa Romeo place in Canterbury Kent many many years ago .  beautiful cars of course ...  the workshop was FULL, and I mean full, of engines on workbenches being repaired ......  saw a neighbour has a beautiful 67 plate, nearly new wonderful red Alfa Romeo parked along the road  .  wonder for how long !

Malc

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links