Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Taking out a Lexus Relax Warranty at Lexus Main Dealer

I plan on getting my 2016 IS300H  F Sport 100k mile service done at the Lexus Main Dealer at the end of this year , and I'm just wondering can I purchase a Lexus Relax Warranty through the main Dealer? 

The current Warranty on my vehicle has just ran out , I had a years warranty from a non Lexus Car Dealer and as i plan on keeping the car a couple of more years , extending a Warranty is something I'm thinking of

So you should automatically qualify for the Relax warranty at no cost if you are <100k miles, but if they find any issues during the service they would not be covered.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, NemesisUK said:

The Lexus Relax warranty (the warranty that automatically renews for 12 months at each dealer service) is only for vehicles up to 100k miles and/or 10 years old. See the T&Cs below

Lexus-Warranty-TCs-06-2022.pdf 163.83 kB · 0 downloads

If you get the service done before 100k miles I think the Relax warranty lasts until the next scheduled service (110k miles or 12 months whichever comes first) but I may be wrong so best to check with the dealer.

Once the Relax warranty can no longer be granted (so over 10 years old or 100k miles) there is something known as 10 Year Plus Extended Warranty. This is not free with a service (like Relax) but costs about £500 per year - however it does include Lexus Roadside Assistance (which used to cost £125 per annum and recently has gone up to £155 per annum). The 10 Year Plus Extended Warranty is not detailed on the Lexus website and dealer personnel are a bit hit and miss in their knowledge about it but is does exist and a number of us on this forum have taken it out (do a search to see other threads about the details). The 10 Year Plus Extended Warranty can be renewed annually until the car is 15 years old or reaches 150k miles whichever comes first. The car must be serviced by a Lexus dealer on schedule however (10k miles or 12 months whichever comes first) for the warranty to remain valid. By the way there is also the hybrid healthcheck which is free with every Lexus service or can be paid for separately) and warranties the hybrid Battery for 10k miles or 12 months (whichever comes first) and is renewed each scheduled service (or can be paid for separately) until the car is 15 years old and for unlimited mileage. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, Rob Greenhalgh said:

How much does the Lexus Relax warranty cost ?

Lexus Relax is free with a Lexus dealer service until the car is 10 years old / 100k miles whichever comes first and lasts for 1 year or 10k miles whichever comes first.

29 minutes ago, Colinb623 said:

So if I got my car serviced at lexus at 99k miles I'd have warranty cover until 109k miles ?

I'm not sure - I know others have asked this before so hopefully someone can give you a definitive answer or maybe email Lexus Customer Service and get it confirmed on writing to be absolutely sure. 

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Colinb623 said:

And how does one obtain this 🙂

That's what I described further up the thread - it's purchased through your dealer. Only applied to cars that are over 10 years old or 100k miles. 

• Thanks 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links