Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Remote start on NX 300h

Hi

I have a NX300h 2018 model, and wanted to check if this model has remote start function. I have tried the key fob by pressing lock twice and long press the 3rd time, but it didn't work. Any suggestions would be appreciated. 

Thanking You 

Best Regards 

Kam

2 hours ago, Kv_pat said:

Hi

I have a NX300h 2018 model, and wanted to check if this model has remote start function. I have tried the key fob by pressing lock twice and long press the 3rd time, but it didn't work. Any suggestions would be appreciated. 

Thanking You 

Best Regards 

Kam

Gen 1 NX does not have remote start unlike the gen 2 350 h & 450h. My NX 350h has it and I used it to defrost the car.

17 minutes ago, Eggie said:

Gen 1 NX does not have remote start unlike the gen 2 350 h & 450h. My NX 350h has it and I used it to defrost the car.

Does that mean that, while defrosting your car, anybody passing by can drive off with it?

Without even controlling if having a drivers lisence?

2 hours ago, Las Palmas said:

Do not believe remote start is permitted anywhere in Europe.

" In the UK for example, it is legal to use a remote start system so long as your vehicle isn’t on a public highway as defined by the Road traffic Act as all legislation regarding leaving your vehicle running and unnatended are related to being on a public highway. Also known as stationary idling, Section 42 of the Road Traffic Act 1988 prohibits leaving your engine on when it is not needed. This act enforces Rule 123 of the Highway Code, which states “you must not leave a vehicle’s engine running unnecessarily while that vehicle is stationary on a public road”. Using the system on your own private driveway or private works car park (where the public don’t have a right of access through payment or otherwise / defined as a public highway as per the Road Traffic Act) is completely legal. If you ever did use it on a public highway by mistake and were prosecuted, it is a non endorsable offence meaning the penalty is a fine and no points on your licence."

https://remotestarts.co.uk/faqs/

I don't know about the 350, or other mild hybrids, but in my 450h+ PHEV 'remote start' and the climate control pre-conditioning (used to defrost the car and warm the cabin) are two different things. The 'remote start' is described in the Deep Dive Tutorial Part 1, 35.02 minutes in (watch?v=B6S21RoEq2E). It is not available in Europe as far as I know, just the USA. It does allow the engine to be started remotely from the app.

My app has a Climate Control feature that I can set for 10, 15 or 20 minutes of cabin pre-conditioning; including: front screen, rear screen, heated seats and heated steering wheel. AFAIK this doesn't turn the engine on but uses either Battery power (if sufficiently charged) or mains electricity if plugged in. This uses the heat pump HVAC system (watch?v=mXFipAaMEQI) to provide warm air, not heat from the gasoline engine.

Heat from the HVAC system is not as hot as from the engine. That combined with the vehicle needing a certain level of charge before it would operate and software issues meant that over the coldest days of this winter, I couldn't rely absolutely on having a defrosted car and climbing into a nice warm cabin. This was a shame and quite annoying as the NX doesn't have a heated screen, not even a strip to defrost the wipers, but hopefully a future software update will improve the reliability of the system.

10 hours ago, Las Palmas said:

Does that mean that, while defrosting your car, anybody passing by can drive off with it?

Without even controlling if having a drivers lisence?

The defrost app on the 350h starts heaters, defrost AND engine.as stated previously you can set it for set amount of time to function. However the vehicle remains locked and if you or anyone touches the handle of the car the engine stops immediately. Technically speaking this is not remote start as described and used in the USA  but it can be used to remotely start the vehicle. 

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links