Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

2016 RX450H water pump

Hi, does anyone know what the part number is for a waterpump on a 2016 RX450h? Ive been told two different part numbers by two different part stores. And Lexus dont give part numbers anymore.

First number given 16100-39615 or 30616

Second number given is 16100-39456.

Any help would be much appreciated 

Lexus part number 16100-39615 as shown at https://lexuspartsdirect.co.uk/product/lexus-rx-phase-4-water-pump-3-5l-petrol-hybrid/

Hope this helps.

Out of curiosity, has your water pump failed? If yes, at what mileage and is it not covered by the Relax warranty (presuming it is serviced at a dealer)? 

I had a look there that image is defo not the water pump on my car, but the number sounds right based on google search. i managed to take off the wheel and inner arch cover to see, but could not see.

So. .  i took the car in to Lexus for a stereo issue and they did a VSC and on there they said the water pump was leaking. When i checked properly today i could see small dried pink coolant, i cleaned it all up for now to monitor it in a weeks time or so. No water is leaking to the ground not is it lowering coolant level.

@CT200h-TL lexus said the WP is not covered under Relax (wear and tear) and it would cost £421 supplied and fitted as it was fairly easy to replace. My car has done 85k.

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Ace8800 said:

I had a look there that image is defo not the water pump on my car, but the number sounds right based on google search.

I suspect it's a generic picture of a water pump rather than having to photograph every single variant.

I don't think £421 is a bad price if the part is £150, by the time you have added coolant etc.

That’s a good price. We were quoted £1200 for the water pump to be replaced by the main dealer in our 3RX. It was apparently a 6 hour job at £150 per hour. 

18 hours ago, Ace8800 said:

I had a look there that image is defo not the water pump on my car, but the number sounds right based on google search. i managed to take off the wheel and inner arch cover to see, but could not see.

So. .  i took the car in to Lexus for a stereo issue and they did a VSC and on there they said the water pump was leaking. When i checked properly today i could see small dried pink coolant, i cleaned it all up for now to monitor it in a weeks time or so. No water is leaking to the ground not is it lowering coolant level.

@CT200h-TL lexus said the WP is not covered under Relax (wear and tear) and it would cost £421 supplied and fitted as it was fairly easy to replace. My car has done 85k.

Thanks. The price is not bad considering it is done at the dealer. However, this does makes me wonder again what the Relax "warranty" or any other warranty is worth. The T&C of Relax warranty does cover the water pump under the "engine" category with all the usual caveats pertaining to wear and tear. A dealer could claim a fault is due to wear and tear, and here's the invoice. From my perspective, ALL components of the car are being worn and torn from the day it is driven. Of course, I am not expecting the dealer to replace things like the brake pads which are obviously excluded from the warranty. What I am concerned with are things like the engine components (in this case the water pump) and the hybrid system. For example, what is stopping the dealer from claiming the hybrid Battery failed due to wear and tear (say at 80k miles) after the car passed the hybrid health check a few weeks/months ago?

One may argue having a warranty is better than no warranty if you are going to service it at the dealer anyway. But do we just have to accept that the warranty doesn't apply due to wear and tear?  

I agree.. i do believe it should be covered under the warranty.. but they said no i wont be. Its a shame because the old warranty type was so much better, even a small wiper washer was covered. Now i just feel like as you said it all wear and tear. Im waiting for the warranty to approve the head unit and then i will push for the waterpump. 

I asked a few local mechanics who all said the Lexus and Toyota which share the same Water pump as the RX all suffered with this issue.

19 minutes ago, Ace8800 said:

I agree.. i do believe it should be covered under the warranty.. but they said no i wont be.

Show the dealership manager this and take it from there:

image.thumb.png.74565ee13e8931d5814a35c091553996.png

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

I had my water pump replaced under the relax warranty after the dealer noticed some leaking during a routine service.  This was 5 months ago and mine is also a 2016 RX.

It is definitely covered under the relax warranty.  The quote to replace was around £1k without warranty (dealer initially assumed I didn't have the relax warranty).

• Thanks 2

On 3/25/2023 at 6:09 PM, Ace8800 said:

I have had this happen to me on my IS300h at 90k. Similar to you there was pink residue but no major coolant loss. I ran it for two months after first noticing and while there was no major drop in coolant level there would be a white powder everywhere in the engine bay.. Presumably dried coolant flung around by the drive belt. In the end i got it done as the risk is not about running out of coolant but the bearings seizing as most of them leak through the bearings

Like you i was refused relax warranty and when I tried another dealer they said i have to get it done at the dealer that diagnosed the problem. In my case my relax warranty was not active as the previous owner had not serviced it at lexus and it takes a month after servicing for the warranty to kick in and they don't cover pre existing faults. So i couldn't fight back. In your case you should get it free i would kick up a fuss and complain to lexus. Waterpump cant be considered wear else theres no end to that logic every breakdown can be wear otherwise. 

Also if you are around London and are paying to get it done please shop around. I was quoted £428 by lexus twickenham and £320 with a new drive belt by Lexus Hayes. The labour rates were that starkingly different. Hayes charged me £98 labour while twickenham charges £198 an hour. Was a no brainer and went with lexus hayes. 

• Thanks 1

Just wanted to say thank to you all for the support. They certainly got herb'd after i showed them the image were is says the WP is covered. Just got a email to say Sir your WP is cover under the Relax warranty. 😁

• Like 5

5 hours ago, Ace8800 said:

Just wanted to say thank to you all for the support. They certainly got herb'd after i showed them the image were is says the WP is covered. Just got a email to say Sir your WP is cover under the Relax warranty. 😁

That's Ace news!     Well done squire (and appreciate the update!)

• Haha 1

• 4 weeks later...

Thought id give a update.. csr is booked in a coupe of week to get done. The reason for delay was because i was arguing a case for my Pan roof seals. They finally gave in but was i was not impressed when they asked me how loyal i was to Lexus.. because i bought the car only a few weeks ago they questioned it. 

Anyway i gave them a list of Lexues i owned and they agreed to replace the Pan roof under the Relax warranty. But has anyone had that; being questioned on loyalty?

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links