Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

ULEZ expanding in London

Ken Timbers

I'm beginning to get concerned about the plans for expanding the ULEZ system into London's suburbs. There seems to me to be a risk that my car, now turned 15 years old, is on the cusp of the plans that now say that owners of petrol-engined cars over 16 years old should check (via a website) whether their cars will pass the tests. I put my reg no into the website and was simply told it was OK, but if 16 is an arbitrary checking point, I'm worried that I may have a non-ULZ compliant car come September this year.

Those who don't need to drive in ULEZ areas don't have a problem, but others like me may find themselves having to sell off their SC430s once Khan's system goes live. I'd appreciate the views of others owners, especially of those who live in London's suburbia.

• Like 1

Relax, you're fine. It's not the date that's important but whether your petrol car is compliant with Euro 4 emission standards. As the system show's your car is ... then end of story.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I wouldn't worry Ken, if your car is exempt from ULEZ it's due to emissions rather than age.  It's all a fund raising antic because the Mayor can't balance his books due to shockingly bad housekeeping and although the extension is set for 29 Aug 2023 there are still several councils who are challenging it so it's not a done deal just yet. Chin up 😉 .

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, Ken Timbers said:

but if 16 is an arbitrary checking point, I'm worried that I may have a non-ULZ compliant car

my Honda Legend they tell me is compliant at delivery, September 2006 brand new car, so your 2007 car must surely be ok too  ..  rely on what you've already discovered and Chill .........

top up with a decaff coffee if necessary ..... the world can get brighter by the day !

Malc

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I'm grateful for all the helpful comments, especially the details of the URL supplied by Bob King. I have to admit that I find it odd that the latter seems to give the SC430 a 'carte blanche' apparently in perpetuity, but I'm happy to hear that it's going to be safe for a while at least!

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Ken Timbers said:

I'm grateful for all the helpful comments, especially the details of the URL supplied by Bob King. I have to admit that I find it odd that the latter seems to give the SC430 a 'carte blanche' apparently in perpetuity, but I'm happy to hear that it's going to be safe for a while at least!

I’m in the clear as well with a euro 3 2005 petrol RAV4, what the silver haired weasel might do is change the goalposts, so in a few years down the line we might all be in trouble ! .

• Like 3

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links