Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Confusion. Please help!

Hear no evil

Hi all 

I previously held another account on this forum, which I signed up to in mid February. I enjoyed positive and fruitful engagements with many users for the first month and gained much useful knowledge and insights. Then around the 22nd of March I got targeted by another user who took umbridge with a post I contributed too surrounding DPF/EGR removal (I did not create the original content) and began to send a torrent of hateful abuse at me, naturally I reported the user, and the next thing I know, I received a warning, had my message function disabled and could no longer post content without moderator approval.  Since this happened on the 24th of March, I've sent four or five emails to admin asking why I was given a warning and why my access has been restricted and I've not had a single reply, I've also tried to post content and none of it has been posted. I really haven't got a clue what's going on or why I have been singled out and I've been kept completely in the dark over the entire matter. Is this standard protocol for this forum or something? I've never experienced this kind of treatment or lack of communication on any other forum I've been a part of, of which there has been many over the last two decades or so.

I would appreciate all and any feedback. 

Many thanks 

• Sad 1

WOW. I've heard of warnings being given. I have a permanent one due to my reactions to the very same member you complained about. I've also known of complete threads being blocked by admin.

However I'm totally shocked admin have ignored your emails. Are you sending direct ones or via the contact us on the site?

When I learned I and a few others were not allowed to view that thread I contacted admin c/o the contact us link and got a reply a day or 2 later.

It's a travesty that you have had such punishment for making a complaint against another member.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

56 minutes ago, Hear no evil said:

Hi all 

I previously held another account on this forum, which I signed up to in mid February. I enjoyed positive and fruitful engagements with many users for the first month and gained much useful knowledge and insights. Then around the 22nd of March I got targeted by another user who took umbridge with a post I contributed too surrounding DPF/EGR removal (I did not create the original content) and began to send a torrent of hateful abuse at me, naturally I reported the user, and the next thing I know, I received a warning, had my message function disabled and could no longer post content without moderator approval.  Since this happened on the 24th of March, I've sent four or five emails to admin asking why I was given a warning and why my access has been restricted and I've not had a single reply, I've also tried to post content and none of it has been posted. I really haven't got a clue what's going on or why I have been singled out and I've been kept completely in the dark over the entire matter. Is this standard protocol for this forum or something? I've never experienced this kind of treatment or lack of communication on any other forum I've been a part of, of which there has been many over the last two decades or so.

I would appreciate all and any feedback. 

Many thanks 

MIles,

If you are the user I think you are, I felt you went too far during that period, perhaps Admin felt the same.

Did you create any other accounts?

Sometimes it is better to stop, than escalate, reading back then I felt you crossed a line, only my opinion of course.

I hope you will continue to post and enjoy the mostly positive forum this is. Not always of course, but it is usually new users that fall under the watchful eye of Admin. A learning curve perhaps.

Most of us are here because we love the Lexus brand, and from my point of view this is a amazing resource of information. 99 out of 100 users are great and accept different opinions exist.

Overall, I find this a very positive forum, with some great humour.

Best wishes.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, Moleman said:

MIles,

If you are the user I think you are, I felt you went too far during that period, perhaps Admin felt the same.

Did you create any other accounts?

Sometimes it is better to stop, than escalate, reading back then I felt you crossed a line, only my opinion of course.

I hope you will continue to post and enjoy the mostly positive forum this is. Not always of course, but it is usually new users that fall under the watchful eye of Admin. A learning curve perhaps.

Most of us are here because we love the Lexus brand, and from my point of view this is a amazing resource of information. 99 out of 100 users are great and accept different opinions exist.

Overall, I find this a very positive forum, with some great humour.

Best wishes.

Hi Moleman

Thanks for taking the time to reply. I've only had my original account and now this one. What did I do in your opinion that went too far? I only defended myself, as did countless others, which I was incredibly grateful for. I mean after all, I didn't use derogatory or inflammatory language towards anyone, nor did I threaten anyone with physical violence; whereas that is exactly what I received from the aforementioned user. When it was pointed out to me by Shahpor that the content I was engaging in was against forum rules, I apologised and said it wouldn't happen again. I had no idea it was against the rules to discuss such topics, like I said in my OP, I did not create the original content, I was purely commenting on it.

Like you, I'd experienced nothing but positivity on this forum and found it utterly engaging, all until 'that' episode. And I too am starting to love the Lexus brand, what with being a first time owner etc. But what I have not enjoyed, in the slightest, is the way in which this matter has been handled. To not even receive an explanation to a situation in which I felt I was the victim of and then to be punished for something that I have no idea what the punishment was for, has left a poor taste in the mouth for sure. 

All the best 

Miles 

53 minutes ago, Mr Vlad said:

WOW. I've heard of warnings being given. I have a permanent one due to my reactions to the very same member you complained about. I've also known of complete threads being blocked by admin.

However I'm totally shocked admin have ignored your emails. Are you sending direct ones or via the contact us on the site?

When I learned I and a few others were not allowed to view that thread I contacted admin c/o the contact us link and got a reply a day or 2 later.

It's a travesty that you have had such punishment for making a complaint against another member.

Hi Mr Vlad 

Thank you so much for commenting! My permanent 3 point warning, message function disabled and content restrictions only came in after I reported said user. It's as if said user has some sort of privilege or is involved with admin. Multiple other forum users have suggested the same thing. I've sent direct emails and messages via the online contact form and I've not received a single reply. I feel I've conducted myself with integrity and contributed positively to this forum. Of course I was going to defend myself when being called a liar, a criminal, had my character defamed and then threatened with physical violence. Wouldn't anyone? 

All the best 

Miles 

It's ok Miles. I find it totally strange how admin twisted your complaint as an attack on them.

Maurice. I think you totally got the wrong end of the stick regarding Miles. Just what did you read of Miles's that in your opinion crossed the line? In my opinion he did Not cross any line. And its more than remis that admin have not explained their 'punishment ' and it has put a blight on what I think of this forum. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Mr Vlad said:

It's ok Miles. I find it totally strange how admin twisted your complaint as an attack on them.

Maurice. I think you totally got the wrong end of the stick regarding Miles. Just what did you read of Miles's that in your opinion crossed the line? In my opinion he did Not cross any line. And its more than remis that admin have not explained their 'punishment ' and it has put a blight on what I think of this forum. 

I've got to be honest, I find it bizarre that I've not had a reply and that somehow I've been the one painted in a bad light and reprimanded based on that wrong portrayal. And thanks for your continued staunch defence, it is appreciated greatly.

🙏🏼

14 minutes ago, Mr Vlad said:

Vlad,

You are entitled to your opinion, I hold a different view.

May I suggest that it was the inability to let something go, when presented with a different view, that placed Miles in this situation. 

This is IMHO, one of the best forums around and still remains the case.

Best wishes.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, Hear no evil said:

Hi Moleman

Thanks for taking the time to reply. I've only had my original account and now this one. What did I do in your opinion that went too far? I only defended myself, as did countless others, which I was incredibly grateful for. I mean after all, I didn't use derogatory or inflammatory language towards anyone, nor did I threaten anyone with physical violence; whereas that is exactly what I received from the aforementioned user. When it was pointed out to me by Shahpor that the content I was engaging in was against forum rules, I apologised and said it wouldn't happen again. I had no idea it was against the rules to discuss such topics, like I said in my OP, I did not create the original content, I was purely commenting on it.

Like you, I'd experienced nothing but positivity on this forum and found it utterly engaging, all until 'that' episode. And I too am starting to love the Lexus brand, what with being a first time owner etc. But what I have not enjoyed, in the slightest, is the way in which this matter has been handled. To not even receive an explanation to a situation in which I felt I was the victim of and then to be punished for something that I have no idea what the punishment was for, has left a poor taste in the mouth for sure. 

All the best 

Miles 

Miles,

May I suggest that it was the inability to let something go, when presented with a different view, that placed you in this situation. 

I would let it go and move forward.

Best wishes.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

41 minutes ago, Moleman said:

Vlad,

You are entitled to your opinion, I hold a different view.

May I suggest that it was the inability to let something go, when presented with a different view, that placed Miles in this situation. 

This is IMHO, one of the best forums around and still remains the case.

Best wishes.

I'm confused Moleman. So if someone actively pursues someone in an abusive fashion, that's okay? And it doesn't warrant a reprimand? But if the person being abused, defends themselves, that's an inability to let something go and is worthy of a reprimand? I should add that every single comment I made, was in reply to another comment, that in itself, by nature, is me not pursuing the conversation and not me being unable to let something go. In essence it was me defending myself and trying to put right the factually incorrect and slanderous comments that were being made against me. 

I am an adult and can be presented with another point of view that doesn't align with my own and be completely comfortable with it and in most cases engage with other adults without issue; but that isn't what happened in this instance, the user I reported took umbridge with my point of view, a view that didn't align with their thinking, and they pursued me with offensive language, making inflammatory remarks, defaming me and threatening me with physical violence. Should I have just let that go? Should have I not reported them? In my opinion, that would set a dangerous precedent; one that says anyone can freely pursue someone else in a derogatory and abusive fashion and nothing will be done about it. It is also a dangerous precedent that the administration that moderates this forum allows this type of behaviour, doesn't reprimand it and doesn't communicate with the offender or the victim to explain the steps they've taken to resolve any such issue. It's also completely at odds with the forum rules that said administration put in place.

Sorry to go on, but seriously, I'm struggling to see how you can see this any other way 🤷🏽‍♂️

All the best 

Miles 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Hear no evil said:

Sorry to go on, but seriously, I'm struggling to see how you can see this any other way 🤷🏽‍♂️

Okay.

Is this just not proving the point being made?

Let it go.

I will not respond any further.

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

Moleman 

I set up this thread to see if anyone could shed any light on the situation I have with the moderators. If you have a different opinion as to how I ended up with said reprimand, that's cool, everyone's entitled to an opinion, but I'm still left in the dark, being unable to use my main account, having unnecessary and unexplained restrictions placed on it. 

All the best 

Miles 

5 minutes ago, Moleman said:

Miles,

May I suggest that it was the inability to let something go, when presented with a different view, that placed you in this situation. 

I would let it go and move forward.

Best wishes.

At the risk of attracting opprobrium myself, I think Miles that this is sound advice.

I agree that ‘Admin’ appears to have been, at the very least, rather rude in not explaining their action.  After all, the LOC is only the sum of its Members and they should be accorded respect.

But I was somewhat bemused that a disagreement over a diesel particulate filter could escalate in any way at all!  I haven’t seen the posts, but it rather reminds me of film in which Groucho Marks escalates a perceived slight into a declaration of war!  😊

I also suspect that the user about which you complain is personally unknown to you.  And you to him.  So I would adopt Denis Healy’s attitude to being criticised by Geoffrey Howe, which he likened to being savaged by a dead sheep!

(I am also aware that you may have no idea who these characters are!)

However, abusive behaviour is clearly not acceptable on this website.  On some websites it appears to be the normal form of communication, but that it can be initiated over a dpf may well be unique in the history of the LOC.

I think, Miles, that now having eloquently expressed your hurt at this incident, you can now put it behind you.  And perhaps the ‘Admin’ involved will respond to your satisfaction in a suitably explanatory fashion.

As you are obviously now able to post unfettered, I would continue to do so and I look forward to what I’m sure will be well regarded contributions.

• Like 2

This is somewhat confusing to me, I must say.

As Miles has pointed out, I was a part of said thread and I didn't think there was anything in there that Miles did wrong per se.  At least, not enough to justify what sanctions are being apparently applied here.  I also find it strange that no reply has been received that at least explains the reasoning behind what has happened.  perhaps something has been missed along the way?

In all my dealings with Mods/Admins here, I have always found them fair and understanding, and in fact, I think a little too hands off sometimes!

Either way, I hope the situation gets resolved as soon as possible and any disagreements settled.

• Like 5

Vladimir, maybe you did not read all of what was written, but Maurice is right. Informing about how to do not permitted thing to a car is not something we shall do in this forum. Miles, you are right, I never read from you bad words but informing and partly defending that doing things to a diesel engine that may make the car easier to maintain and remove a filter that is there by law in order to reduse polluting particles is not the way to go. Please do not. We are all responsible for what we do.

Welcome back to the forum and this time - please stay.

image.thumb.png.a6bdf92da206107c9959357c3ec3951f.png

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, LenT said:

However, abusive behaviour is clearly not acceptable on this website.  On some websites it appears to be the normal form of communication, but that it can be initiated over a dpf may well be unique in the history of the LOC.

I think, Miles, that now having eloquently expressed your hurt at this incident, you can now put it behind you.  And perhaps the ‘Admin’ involved will respond to your satisfaction in a suitably explanatory fashion.

As you are obviously now able to post unfettered, I would continue to do so and I look forward to what I’m sure will be well regarded contributions.

I agree LenT. I'm happy to close the matter, this post was after all intended to get the matter dealt with in an appropriate fashion, that being some sort of explanation from admin and hopefully I'll get one. I would however like unrestricted access back to my original account. Ironically a Groucho Marks quote also springs to my mind 'If you don't like it, you can leave in a huff or if a huff's too soon, you can leave in a minute and a huff' 🤣 

• Haha 1

All I remember from the original thread was some of the abuse aimed at the thread starter  

What stuck in my mind was someone said (not in jest) that he should be in jail & now I read that it was the OP that was sanctioned ?

How strange.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Shahpor said:

This is somewhat confusing to me, I must say.

As Miles has pointed out, I was a part of said thread and I didn't think there was anything in there that Miles did wrong per se.  At least, not enough to justify what sanctions are being apparently applied here.  I also find it strange that no reply has been received that at least explains the reasoning behind what has happened.  

Hi Shahpor, it was you after all who defended me in the OP while at the same time pointing out that I was writing content that was against forum rules, I apologised profusely and said it wouldn't happen again. I'm sure you remember this. I genuinely had no idea as the OP was not created by me and already consisted of a considerable amount of content. In any case though, I don't think the things Linas said to me, all of which despicable, are in any way justifiable, of course that's just my opinion, but it was also the opinion of the majority of contributers on the OP too. 

Thanks again my friend 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, VFR said:

All I remember from the original thread was some of the abuse aimed at the thread starter  

What stuck in my mind was someone said (not in jest) that he should be in jail & now I read that it was the OP that was sanctioned ?

How strange.

It was aimed directly at me, but I wasn't the creator of the OP. The fact I was accused of being a criminal was just one of the many insults/accusations. I even told the accuser three times 'I have not once said I have removed the DPF from my vehicle' most of the content I put up was pertaining to how to prep for an MOT test, using legal products (engine flushes, fuel conditioners etc) yet the tirade of abuse continued relentlessly (scum, liar, criminal) and two threats of physical violence to top it off. I'm glad you agree it seems a little off that I was the one repirmanded while the accuser carried on regardless 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Hear no evil said:

It was aimed directly at me, but I wasn't the creator of the OP. The fact I was accused of being a criminal was just one of the many insults/accusations. I even told the accuser three times 'I have not once said I have removed the DPF from my vehicle' most of the content I put up was pertaining to how to prep for an MOT test, using legal products (engine flushes, fuel conditioners etc) yet the tirade of abuse continued relentlessly (scum, liar, criminal) and two threats of physical violence to top it off. I'm glad you agree it seems a little off that I was the one repirmanded while the accuser carried on regardless 

I see so again how strange ?

I only gave the thread a brief read so cannot remember much about it but I wonder if the person was one of the royals that you have on most forums.

You can often tell who the royals are as anything they post gets loads of likes from the rest of the clique members.

Maybe I will get reprimanded for saying that.       🤫

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, VFR said:

I see so again how strange ?

I only gave the thread a brief read so cannot remember much about it but I wonder if the person was one of the royals that you have on most forums.

You can often tell who the royals are as anything they post gets loads of likes from the rest of the clique members.

Maybe I will get reprimanded for saying that.       🤫

If I'm honest after this situation I'm left thinking are there certain people whose opinion you just can't challenge, not only that, but you can't even defend yourself against them and until admin tell me otherwise and explain their actions my opinion won't change. I mean we're all accountable in that regard right 🤷🏽‍♂️

• Like 1

Oh a few very funny comments made. What make me laugh also that the OP to the thread only made one comment and that was the opening post!

Maurice you just love skirting round an issue don't you lol.

John. I've stated categorically that I have personally bypassed egrs and have had complete dpf removal and tuning done more than a few times on diesel cars ive had and have not been reprimanded by admin for it. So sorry pal what you suggested was wrong if my experience has anything to do with it.

You know what Miles. It looks like you're not gonna get any joy from admin unfortunately. 

Maybe contact Colin Barber directly. He's a senior global moderator and a top geezer. Gives it to you straight. Private message him and hopefully he'll be able to give you a satisfactory reason and get your original username back in use.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Mr Vlad said:

Oh a few very funny comments made. What make me laugh also that the OP to the thread only made one comment and that was the opening post!

Maurice you just love skirting round an issue don't you lol.

John. I've stated categorically that I have personally bypassed egrs and have had complete dpf removal and tuning done more than a few times on diesel cars ive had and have not been reprimanded by admin for it. So sorry pal what you suggested was wrong if my experience has anything to do with it.

You know what Miles. It looks like you're not gonna get any joy from admin unfortunately. 

Maybe contact Colin Barber directly. He's a senior global moderator and a top geezer. Gives it to you straight. Private message him and hopefully he'll be able to give you a satisfactory reason and get your original username back in use.

Okay thanks Vlad. Could you DM me a contact for Colin Barber. 

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links