Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hi all, I'm new to the Forum and thought I should introduce my near matching MK4 LS400's. Im a big fan of 90's Japanese cars and brought my first LS400 at the beginning of March as a practical but fun daily. Im really enjoying all the creature comforts the LS400 has to offer and I love the combination of the comfortable ride with the smooth and powerful V8. I loved it so much I ended up buying another one a month later! I recently collected the LS400 from @lincsnick and plan to get the car back to its former glory once some engine issues have been resolved. I had them parked up together yesterday to play a little game of spot the difference. The main difference is the new one being a DHP model and having the larger 17" alloy wheels. It also has a full leather steering wheel and gearstick, where my original has the wood trim and leather option. Both cars have the lovely dark blue paint and beige interior. They are also both generally rust free and nearly all of the electronics work, besides them both having the same faulty washer fluid level sensor funnily enough.

IMG_5078.jpg

IMG_5112.jpg

• Like 4

They look very similar to me, and driving them, or even better being passenger in them, is a comfortable way to be transported from one place to another. Must be similar to a MB 300SEL 6.3 we were driving in very long time ago.

No difference is obvious to me between them, nice classical cars with all the pros and contras.

Lucky you.

Enjoy.

And - welcome to the forum.

• Like 1

Callum welcome to this Forum

Hope the engine gremlin issue is simple enuf to resolve .  lucky you, two beautiful classic limos 

do keep us posted

Best wishes

Malc

• Like 1

Most of the mark 1Vs had the faulty washer bottle float and it is an easy fix ,remove the float dry it out and coat the float in a thin coat of clear epoxy  that is it and it will last for the life time of  the car , mine has.

• Like 1

Two LS400s is almost greedy! Good luck with it Callum, I hope the fix is a simple one, it's nice to know it's gone to a good home. As you have bought the car and I can see you're not going to break it, if you do want the spares I have feel free to make me an offer. I'd rather you have the use of them than have them sitting on the shelf.

• Like 2

Hi all, thank you for the welcoming messages.

The engine knock has been resolved! It was as @lincsnick thought and I am very grateful for his advice. What had happened was that the bolts on the cam pulley had become loose and started backing out. Only one bolt was left holding it in place and that was loose, the others had been chewed up from hitting the cover. It was very close to needing a new engine if the pulley came off! The picture below shows how far the pulley moved when I starting putting in the new bolts.854E87C4-E014-4ADE-9A2F-39BFDB7E2EFA.thumb.jpeg.5d65af57536fcf28d5cbfd7402e8e22b.jpeg

It’s all back together now and is running sweet. I’m going to check the other side as well for peace of mind. I’ve also added a video of the knock for reference incase anyone has a similar noise on theirs. 

On 4/7/2023 at 3:44 PM, ambermarine said:

Most of the mark 1Vs had the faulty washer bottle float and it is an easy fix ,remove the float dry it out and coat the float in a thin coat of clear epoxy  that is it and it will last for the life time of  the car , mine has.

Thank you, I’ll be giving this a go!

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links