Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Delayed delivery

On 5/12/2023 at 10:13 AM, Andy B said:

@Gary H As you are starting to get closer to crunch time with your UX contract, have you considered cancelling your current NX order (if possible and assuming no penalty incurred) and looking elsewhere for the NX?

Would you be prepared to travel across the country to source a NX from a different dealer? I still occasionally get emails from my local dealer advertising new NXs that are supposedly available for delivery within a month or two (I assume that these are cancelled orders). Obviously you may have to be slightly flexible on spec and possibly the colour combination.

Also you may find some nearly-new, low mileage, used examples across the dealer network.

Hi Andy. Apologies for the delay in replying to you. I’ve not had any chance to get here in recent days. 

Cancellation will absolutely be an option, if not a certainty, for me by the end of the summer (I'm giving a ‘rough’ deadline of the end of August/very early September). That’s how long I'm giving them to finally confirm to me a build date. At that point, I’ll be passing over 15 months of waiting. As for cancelling now and looking at '23' plates on the market? Indeed. It's a consideration and I have already been scouring over the likes of Auto Trader e.t.c to see what appears to be cancelled orders sitting at various Lexus dealers. I'm willing to travel for the right spec, yes. 

One thing I really don't want to budge on is the colour. I do have my heart set on Terrane Khaki. I wanted it in my UX three years ago and I specifically went for it this time without hesitation. That’s not to say it’s a 'deal breaker'. I’m just not overly keen on grey/silver - which a lot of what I've seen appear to be in. There is (or was...) one in Coventry. An F-Sport with the premium plus pack. However, they want 'mega bucks' for it...and we're talking considerably more than what I’ve signed to pay for the Takumi I have on order - which was already at the top end of my budget. A shame really, because if that was going for the same price, believe me, I'd have been on the phone to them weeks ago inquiring on it.

On 5/12/2023 at 12:03 PM, WhiteHart said:

I have just checked for my NX450 spec and for the first time I’ve found one that matches my full specification, but it has nearly 8000 miles on the clock and they want nearly £3000 more than I am due to pay in June. It is also missing my front and rear dash cams.  If your contract is with Lexus , they should be able to be flexible.  

Apologies for the delay in replying to you. A few months ago, I did spot an NX350h Takumi with the panoramic roof (as I’ve opted for), on a 22 plate, up for sale in Edinburgh. However, it was grey and I assume it was one of their demos as it had something like 12,000 miles on it already. Not only that, it was also upwards of £3000 more than what I’m paying for mine brand new... 

It’s a tricky one, isn’t it!

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Gary H said:

Hi Andy. Apologies for the delay in replying to you. I’ve not had any chance to get here in recent days. 

Cancellation will absolutely be an option, if not a certainty, for me by the end of the summer (I'm giving a ‘rough’ deadline of the end of August/very early September). That’s how long I'm giving them to finally confirm to me a build date. At that point, I’ll be passing over 15 months of waiting. As for cancelling now and looking at '23' plates on the market? Indeed. It's a consideration and I have already been scouring over the likes of Auto Trader e.t.c to see what appears to be cancelled orders sitting at various Lexus dealers. I'm willing to travel for the right spec, yes. 

One thing I really don't want to budge on is the colour. I do have my heart set on Terrane Khaki. I wanted it in my UX three years ago and I specifically went for it this time without hesitation. That’s not to say it’s a 'deal breaker'. I’m just not overly keen on grey/silver - which a lot of what I've seen appear to be in. There is (or was...) one in Coventry. An F-Sport with the premium plus pack. However, they want 'mega bucks' for it...and we're talking considerably more than what I’ve signed to pay for the Takumi I have on order - which was already at the top end of my budget. A shame really, because if that was going for the same price, believe me, I'd have been on the phone to them weeks ago inquiring on it.

Apologies for the delay in replying to you. A few months ago, I did spot an NX350h Takumi with the panoramic roof (as I’ve opted for), on a 22 plate, up for sale in Edinburgh. However, it was grey and I assume it was one of their demos as it had something like 12,000 miles on it already. Not only that, it was also upwards of £3000 more than what I’m paying for mine brand new... 

It’s a tricky one, isn’t it!

I saw this particular car in the showroom in Edinburgh when my car was in for service. Lovely car. It wasn't one of their demonstrators - I believe it was a private owner. I think its now sold.

my dealer told me to expect delivery of my NX350h on or around 12th May. This date came and went with no sign of the vehicle. She has just been in touch with me this morning to say it's been delayed a further week due to increase checks required due to new rules from Europe - whatever that means. It's already been assigned a registration and is in the country which makes it even more frustrating. Anyone experienced something similar? 

The communication has been awful, surely Lexus were aware of these increased checks that are supposedly required, they can't have just sprung them upon them. 

Hi Fraser, this is part of a bigger backlog that's related to parts issues including locking wheel nuts, mud flaps etc. I've heard many excuses but not rules from Europe, unless they mean Lexus Europe? This sounds like waffle from the dealer.

My car is likewise in the country and has been for around 36 days (it was only 29 days on a ship from Japan). Similarly, several promised deadlines have come and gone but I believe mine may arrive at the dealer next week. I think the sheer volume of backed up vehicles at Derby has now got to be worked through even though some of the parts issues have been solved. They also need to do all the recall actions of which there are quite a few. 

1 hour ago, Max G said:

Hi Fraser, this is part of a bigger backlog that's related to parts issues including locking wheel nuts, mud flaps etc. I've heard many excuses but not rules from Europe, unless they mean Lexus Europe? This sounds like waffle from the dealer.

My car is likewise in the country and has been for around 36 days (it was only 29 days on a ship from Japan). Similarly, several promised deadlines have come and gone but I believe mine may arrive at the dealer next week. I think the sheer volume of backed up vehicles at Derby has now got to be worked through even though some of the parts issues have been solved. They also need to do all the recall actions of which there are quite a few. 

Thanks Max, your reply has been a lot more helpful than the response from my dealer! 

18 hours ago, FJN said:

Thanks Max, your reply has been a lot more helpful than the response from my dealer! 

Same issue. My 450h+ in Derby since middle of April. Dates 6 and 17 May come and gone. Although each time parts issue stated as “since resolved” by Derby,  now total silence and dealer hanging out to dry with no responses from Derby. What happened to communication?

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links