Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Any thoughts about another F owners gathering this year?

I've filled out the form to book a place for us. I have opted for the option for individual members to pay on admission. So provided I have filled out the form correctly let's just establish that it is Sunday 25th June at the Museum. 

I've stated an estimated arrival time of 10.00 am but I'm sure they won't mind any arrival time. It looks like it is £10 per person if everyone is okay with that.

Let's hope the weather is nice to us.

• Like 1

Just now, BillNick said:

Should we advertise a little more widely? This thread has dragged on a little so a public post or fresh notice type post might attract more members?

Please do I'm crap at this sort of thing so do go ahead.

Just got this back from the Museum it looks like there is a Ford Motors event that week-end too but here are the directions for where to park/assemble,

Dear David

Thank you for your booking and I have placed your meeting in the Boardroom. 

On Sunday 26 June we have the Ford National Show taking place so it will be very busy onsite so you may have to queue to get onsite, if you can ask your delegates to park to the rear of the venue on the Western Arena marked 6 on the site map attached.

You will be able to receive 20% off any refreshments in the cafe using your 20% discount car club stickers which will be given to you on arrival which will also give everyone complimentary access into the Museum. Alternatively I can arrange to have catering/refreshmetns served to the room although this will be more expensive and you will not receive the discount - please let me know.

Have a good evening 

With kind regards

Susan

Susan Evans
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, 4969_LXS said:

If the ford thing is on the 26th, surely we will be fine as we said the 25th for us ?

Must be a typo, Sunday is def 25th.

3 minutes ago, Arqum said:

Am I too late to jump on board for this?

Come along matey, be good to see you!

@B1RMAlooking at the site map does that mean we will be plonked right in the middle of a Ford show hahaha?

47 minutes ago, BillNick said:

Must be a typo, Sunday is def 25th.

Come along matey, be good to see you!

@B1RMAlooking at the site map does that mean we will be plonked right in the middle of a Ford show hahaha?

Hope not, I guess compared to the Ford numbers we may find ourselves squeezed into no mans land somewhere out the back but I guess it doesn't matter.

Just now, B1RMA said:

Hope not, I guess compared to the Ford numbers we may find ourselves squeezed into no mans land somewhere out the back but I guess it doesn't matter.

It's a massive car park, so I should think there will be plenty of space.  They also have car parking on the grass for large shows too.

1 minute ago, BillNick said:

Oke doke. As I said I made arrangements for my daughter but that was based on an 11am arrival - are we still ok for that?

I just filled out the form for when I thought maybe some early arrivals may get there.

I'm leaving home at 9 which hopefully should get me there just after 11 provided I can get a clear journey and keep a leisurely pace.

It's roughly a 1hr 40-50min drive so I'll be heading off around 9, round the M25 and up the M40. 

Area/park 6 was where I parked a couple of years ago when I visited in my old Volvo and at the time was just a normal parking area.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Littorio said:

It's roughly a 1hr 40-50min drive so I'll be heading off around 9, round the M25 and up the M40. 

Area/park 6 was where I parked a couple of years ago when I visited in my old Volvo and at the time was just a normal parking area.

Perhaps if the first person who turns up could find a quiet section of the area they could 'stake' it out for us, that would be great.

4 hours ago, B1RMA said:

Just got this back from the Museum it looks like there is a Ford Motors event that week-end too but here are the directions for where to park/assemble,

Dear David

Thank you for your booking and I have placed your meeting in the Boardroom. 

On Sunday 26 June we have the Ford National Show taking place so it will be very busy onsite so you may have to queue to get onsite, if you can ask your delegates to park to the rear of the venue on the Western Arena marked 6 on the site map attached.

You will be able to receive 20% off any refreshments in the cafe using your 20% discount car club stickers which will be given to you on arrival which will also give everyone complimentary access into the Museum. Alternatively I can arrange to have catering/refreshmetns served to the room although this will be more expensive and you will not receive the discount - please let me know.

Have a good evening 

With kind regards

Susan

Susan Evans

Hmm, is this really a day when we'd want to go? "Ford National Show" "Very busy" "May have to queue to get onsite"

3 minutes ago, Rob RCF said:

Hmm, is this really a day when we'd want to go? "Ford National Show" "Very busy" "May have to queue to get onsite"

I'd have thought by around 11 most of the people attending would already be there, I could be wrong but it's a bit late to change now.

Next time we'll have the benefit of knowing what the place is like and perhaps know what's what with the place.

I know when we all went to the Beaulieu event so many years ago we queued for ages. It's what we are good at in this country.

Im meant to be going on holiday starting that weekend, but I'm going to suggest the Cotswolds to the missus and if that gets established, subsequently slip in suggesting the museum/F gathering for a 'day out'!

Wish me luck! 😱

• Like 3

3 hours ago, BillNick said:

2nd question, I think not. Would you like me to handle that? @mr2lad can you assist us sharing on FB please?

Please do, it's getting near the date so I guess we need to firm up who's coming.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links