Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

1993 ls400 allard here in North east

Hello there,  I have a 1993 ls400 allard edition.  I am wondering how much it is worth it only has 83,000 miles,  had a lot of work done in recent years but has gone into limp mode 

Hi Gary and welcome to the LOC.

Blimey I’ve seen this car appear and disappear many times over the years, apparently only 2 or 3 were built with one being totalled.

I assume having gone into limp mode the Engine Management Light is illuminated?
Paperclip diagnostics on this one.

Price wise no idea, pretty sure I’ve seen it sold for £2-3k in the past, if you search the forum you should find previous related posts.

Here you go, happy reading

https://www.lexusownersclub.co.uk/search/?&q=Allard&quick=1&item=143381&search_and_or=and&sortby=relevancy

Gary hi, I see these posts go back to 2012  .  yep a weirdo car for sure and maybe your's is the sole survivor now

AND absolutely    priceless   🤣

Malc

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Malc1 said:

Gary hi, I see these posts go back to 2012  .  yep a weirdo car for sure and maybe your's is the sole survivor now

AND absolutely    priceless   🤣

Whilst I'm the first to admit that is not to my taste, it's a bit hypocritical of some of you who not so long ago were getting all gushy over Toyota Century's which are almost as fugly as the modern Lexus fish-mouth trend. 🤮

Welcome Gary, given that it's one of only 2 in the world it's pretty rare, but that does not always translate into cash especially as all 3 Allards were prototypes.
There is yours,  K817EUV seems to be in Surrey given that it keeps popping up at car shows down there, and GH5988 died in a pretty horrendous crash.
As Steve said, probably £2-3K if you can fix the limp mode, but at Auction you could make more as some people love rarities.

Here are details on how to read the error codes for the early LS400s.
http://www.lexls.com/tutorials/intro/codereading.html
The code should hopefully give you a clue as to the cause.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, BigBoomer said:

fugly as the modern Lexus fish-mouth trend. 🤮

Such a succinct word 'fuggly', new one on me, and totally agree about the Crown and the new trend (not just Lexus) for looking like a fasking shark with a collander in its mouth.

However beauty is in the eye of the beholder - so as we used to say - 'Get it out with Optrex'

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, GMB said:

What's a fasking shark?  Is it like a flue whale? Or a Farracuda?

Japanese equivalent maybe 😉

Was very very interesting to read all the Allard stuff that's referenced in the 2012 posts for sure ......  but in limp mode it's really quite valueless and/or priceless whatever 😁

well apart from it's weigh in value I guess

Malc

Fugly = Flipping Ugly :whistling:
Fasking Shark = Fasting Basking Shark? 🤣

Beauty is indeed in the eye of the beholder.
My all time fave cars (when I win the National Lottery Jackpot) are
1- Monteverdi 375/4 (Swiss built YankTank)
monteverdi3754-03.jpg
2- Aston Martin Lagonda
759447316_1_0.jpg

Hey, I just like large 4 door cars, hence my LS430 and previous Honda Legends, S-Class, and Vauxhall Carltons. :thumbup:
Perhaps being 6'4" is why. Never liked coupés as they always struck me as mid-life crisis cars. 🤣

• Like 1

I lusted after a Fiat 130 Coupe many years ago, but could never find one for sale. Lovely car, but a bit of a rot box and getting too expensive now. I like your Monteverdi and also like the Facel Vega with the Chrysler V8 engine but the Aston Martin Lagonda not for me.

1973 Fiat 130 Coupe | Classic Italian Cars For Sale

• Like 1

9 hours ago, BigBoomer said:

Whilst I'm the first to admit that is not to my taste, it's a bit hypocritical of some of you who not so long ago were getting all gushy over Toyota Century's which are almost as fugly as the modern Lexus fish-mouth trend. 🤮

Welcome Gary, given that it's one of only 2 in the world it's pretty rare, but that does not always translate into cash especially as all 3 Allards were prototypes.
There is yours,  K817EUV seems to be in Surrey given that it keeps popping up at car shows down there, and GH5988 died in a pretty horrendous crash.
As Steve said, probably £2-3K if you can fix the limp mode, but at Auction you could make more as some people love rarities.

Here are details on how to read the error codes for the early LS400s.
http://www.lexls.com/tutorials/intro/codereading.html
The code should hopefully give you a clue as to the cause.

Thanks for that.  I charged the Battery up again today and took it for abit of a run it seems OK for now 

• Like 2

18 hours ago, GMB said:

What's a fasking shark?  Is it like a flue whale? Or a Farracuda?

This made me laugh so much, brilliant, I think  I have a problem with certain letter 'Oh fugger'

As to the cars, love the Monteverdi - has a certain kind of Jensen look about it, and Fiat Coupe looks nice, the Lagonda is just a missile in disguise, knew a chap who owned one, never went in it though.

My dream car as a kid was the ISO Griffo  saw this one back in 2018, had a Corgi model when I was a nipper

image.thumb.jpeg.0e4d17a792c85f3d1db608354bc3356b.jpeg

• Like 1

15 hours ago, GMB said:

I lusted after a Fiat 130 Coupe many years ago, but could never find one for sale. Lovely car, but a bit of a rot box and getting too expensive now. I like your Monteverdi and also like the Facel Vega with the Chrysler V8 engine but the Aston Martin Lagonda not for me.

I've been in a 130 4-door as a passenger and whilst it rode and handled well, the engine sounded nasty. Quite noisy for an executive saloon.

The Lagonda has a lot of faults, especially with the electrics/electronics.
If I managed to get one I would be updating a LOT of it to give a more reliable experience but none of these would be daily drivers. I have an LS430 for that :thumbup:

I would also love to have a Lotus Carlton/Omega. Now there is a FAST saloon car!

2 minutes ago, BigBoomer said:

I would also love to have a Lotus Carlton/Omega. Now there is a FAST saloon car!

I remember the outrage in the newspapers when an Australian guy was chased by the Police up the A1 at nearly 170mph in the 70's I think. If my memory serves me well.

1993, registration 40RA. It was a stolen car used for ram-raids on off-licences that the West Midlands Police refused to chase as even their helicopters of the time couldn't keep up.
They never caught the scumbags nor found the car.

I used to be in the AutoBahnStormers (Carlton/Omega/Senator owners group) in the early noughties as I had a Carlton 2.6i Diplomat and had a few rides and one drive in a Lotus Carlton via the club. The acceleration from 70Mph has to be experienced to be believed. It smoked the rear tyres at 70Mph in 3rd. :thumbup1:
Was an M5 eater in it's day but had terrible turbo lag at lower rpms.

8 minutes ago, BigBoomer said:

as I had a Carlton 2.6i Diplomat

I just had a simple Carlton 1.8 saloon as my bank manager's car back in the '80s  .  brilliant family saloon, travelled over some of Europe in her with the kids and she finally died, after i gave her away to another car mechanic guy when I'd covered just over 200k miles in her .  brilliant car for sure 

Bank Managers in those days just had simple cars . doubt they have cars anymore as a perk, indeed, are there any bank managers left anywhere ........... ???

btw I did some 60 miles on bank business in that car in the 60,000 miles i did in those first 3 years before I was made redundant and kept the car as part pay-off 

She was a joy to drive for sure  ✌️

Malc

sorry i digress from the Allard issue   .  value maybe £2k as a " fun " car .  the bottom end value for a cheapy Ls400 of that age still on the road with lots of upcoming probably expensive issues to sort for MOTs etc      Malc

These were my 2 Carltons. A Burgundy 2.0CD manual that was replaced with the Blue 2.6i Diplomat automatic.
Not sure I could go back to 150Bhp (or 120Bhp for the 2.0) any more, but they were nice cars.

Believe it or not the Burgundy one was my first car. I'd had two Ford Mondeo company cars before that but it was the first car I owned.
But then I didn't pass my car test until I was 33 as motorcycles had always been adequate until then.

Carltons.jpg

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, BigBoomer said:

as motorcycles had always been adequate until then.

like we see traveling the highways and byways of Delhi with the whole family, of at least 5 or 6, aboard   😃

Now this Allard  .  wot's the next step ?

Malc

Hello im gona give her a good clean up inside & out sometime next week & post pics  gota few things lying around at the minute.    

The more common (square lights)  ls400 i see up for at least 4k with over 150k on the clock.  

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links