Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Latest Recall….

7 hours ago, HMT said:

Sometimes it might be better when things don’t work…….

my wife used the car yesterday morning, I used it in the afternoon and when I checked last night all 4 trips had been recorded - the 1st “outward” trips from home recorded since Sunday.

However when I mentioned to my wife that she should not brake as hard going into roundabouts, and should be more gentle accelerating when the speed limit changed things got a bit frosty…….  

At least you have someone to blame. When I see braking that is too harsh and acceleration that is too fierce, there is only one person that I can blame and I have to see him in the mirror to look him in the eye! 

My dealer has just informed me that there is going to be another recall for my car in July (NX 450h+), no details on what the issue is or the scope of the recall.  I guess it is nothing serious if they are holding back on the announcement.

5 hours ago, Stumpyuk said:

My dealer has just informed me that there is going to be another recall for my car in July (NX 450h+), no details on what the issue is or the scope of the recall.  I guess it is nothing serious if they are holding back on the announcement.

Possibly the door handles to address the entry issue in sub zero temperatures? I had heard that this was imminent.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Just had my recall letter come through for XGG78 (DCM module).  I am hoping this will go towards helping the connectivity issues and will return the app functionality 🤞 .

Just checked on lexus-tech website and that is the only recall outstanding at the moment so no news on other recalls at the moment.

• Like 1

Tried to use the kick action to open the tailgate today only to find that it isn’t working (it’s worked ok in the past). 

I’ve looked through all of the settings but can’t find any particular setting that might turn the kick sensor on or off. The only setting I can find is one to turn the power rear door on/off. No problem, car goes in for 1st service in 3 weeks so I thought the dealership can look at it then.

Then I had a thought, could any of the recent recall updates have upset something. Has anyone else noticed a similar problem?

Had the opposite on mine as it was turned off on delivery due to the tow bar, but reset on the first recall. There is a place in the system to turn it on and off, will try to remember where. It could be a fail safe on recalls to turn it off as if it works with a bike rack things could get nasty !

• Like 1

17 hours ago, RXtoNX said:

Tried to use the kick action to open the tailgate today only to find that it isn’t working (it’s worked ok in the past). 

I’ve looked through all of the settings but can’t find any particular setting that might turn the kick sensor on or off. The only setting I can find is one to turn the power rear door on/off. No problem, car goes in for 1st service in 3 weeks so I thought the dealership can look at it then.

Then I had a thought, could any of the recent recall updates have upset something. Has anyone else noticed a similar problem?

Try      Settings>Vehicle Customise>Door Control and scroll to the bottom, the Kick Sensor on/off Control is there.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Hayzee said:

Try      Settings>Vehicle Customise>Door Control and scroll to the bottom, the Kick Sensor on/off Control is there.

Thanks Colin for looking but I’ve already selected Door Control and after scrolling down to the bottom there is nothing below Door Position.

Something is amiss since I’d used it regularly up to 6 weeks ago which coincides with the recall and updates.

On 4/29/2023 at 8:50 PM, Ken R said:

I've had XGG78 carried out. It addressed some connectivity issues but others now don't work!

We finally got XGG78 carried out this week at the 1st annual service, suddenly all our known connectivity issues seem to have been fixed.

- remote climate control now working again

- Car location now working (updates within seconds of leaving the vehicle)

- Hybrid Coaching now seems to remember all the journeys

- And hopefully the really annoying occasional 'profile cannot be synced' while driving has gone too

Which functions don't now work for you?

Of course it's not good that that recall has taken ages for our car despite months of us complaining about the connectivity issues.  Seems at least our Lexus dealer has no clue when it comes to any of the modern day systems.

• Like 1

After raising this issue with the dealer and keeping in regular contact, the Lexus Link app issues of non recording of journeys, vehicle location incorrect, date incorrect,  mileage not being updated and the remote locking (via the app) were fixed via an "over the air" software update. All fine however this has recently deteriorated and there is now a tendency for about 1 journey in 4 going unrecorded.  Thankfully the car is more robust than the Lexus Link software!

• Thanks 1

On 7/2/2023 at 6:38 PM, Ken R said:

After raising this issue with the dealer and keeping in regular contact, the Lexus Link app issues of non recording of journeys, vehicle location incorrect, date incorrect,  mileage not being updated and the remote locking (via the app) were fixed via an "over the air" software update. All fine however this has recently deteriorated and there is now a tendency for about 1 journey in 4 going unrecorded.  Thankfully the car is more robust than the Lexus Link software!

After my initial optimism on this recall we are now seeing exactly the same:  several journeys unrecorded.  

But at least Find my car and remote air con are now working - well they are until my tempting of fate leads to their demise 

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links