Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Latest Recall….

Received a letter from Lexus about the XGG95 recall to reprogram the ECU again - this time for a fault with the TSS3 safety system.

This is my 4th recall for ECU issues. Very inconvenient with a 60 mile round trip each time.☹️

Not had this letter yet. Very annoying particularly when it's issues that should have been addressed prior to launch. The Lexus reputation is being tarnished.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, hintonwood said:

Received a letter from Lexus about the XGG95 recall to reprogram the ECU again - this time for a fault with the TSS3 safety system.

This is my 4th recall for ECU issues. Very inconvenient with a 60 mile round trip each time.☹️

I received a similar letter today. Fortunately for me, my local dealer is only 5 miles up the road. Still a nuisance having to find time to fit it in.

16 hours ago, Ken R said:

Not had this letter yet. Very annoying particularly when it's issues that should have been addressed prior to launch. The Lexus reputation is being tarnished.

Keep the faith Ken 😉

I received the letter yesterday although the dealership completed XGG95 over a month ago.

It went in for XGG50 and was told that 95 was also due and can only be done after 50 so they said they would do both.

When I saw the letter I was so hoping it was for XGG78 (DCM) to resolve my issues with the connectivity, maybe soon 🤞

8 hours ago, SA1 said:

I received the letter yesterday although the dealership completed XGG95 over a month ago.

Surprised to hear this Steve…. The service advisor at my local dealer offered me a loan car because they had not yet done a XGG95 update and did not know how long the update would take.🤔

48 minutes ago, hintonwood said:

Surprised to hear this Steve…. The service advisor at my local dealer offered me a loan car because they had not yet done a XGG95 update and did not know how long the update would take.🤔

I think my dealer had done some before as they said that they knew when booking it in.

they ended up keeping it overnight anyway because during the service they’d reported a map update was due and because I couldn’t do it (error on screen when trying) they said they’d do it. Ended up taking nearly 24hrs due to the size of the download. I had a loan car whilst they did it so no real problem. Dealer was good and helpful throughout

11 hours ago, SA1 said:

It went in for XGG50 and was told that 95 was also due and can only be done after 50 so they said they would do both.

When I saw the letter I was so hoping it was for XGG78 (DCM) to resolve my issues with the connectivity, maybe soon 🤞

I've had XGG78 carried out. It addressed some connectivity issues but others now don't work!

• Sad 1

I received this letter too - has anyone had success in getting lexus to collect their car, perform the update and return it back. It's a huge nuisance to have to drive to nearest Lexus, drop off, tram into work and back etc etc

1 hour ago, Mattsneaker said:

I received this letter too - has anyone had success in getting lexus to collect their car, perform the update and return it back. It's a huge nuisance to have to drive to nearest Lexus, drop off, tram into work and back etc etc

Yes, our dealer is picking ours up on Tues next week at 9.30am and will return it later in the day. They always offer either a courtesy car or to pick the car up for servicing.

Sadly shows how things have changed. With the gearbox recall on my LS430 in 2005 Lexus Sheffield, collected, left a replacement and returned the car the next day together with flowers and chocolates.

• Like 1

I received my letter this morning and then watched the Toyota video on TSS3. After that, I've decided to wait until a time convenient to me to have the update done as a trip to the dealer is over 300 miles (although I have yet to try the new Aberdeen garage which would reduce this by about half). Is it just me or do others find these safety systems unnecessary and a pain? I drive my car with awareness and responsibility; I am quite capable of staying within my lane, not crashing into a car in front, maintaining a safe distance from the vehicle in front, and I have never mown down a pedestrian so if the front camera blanks out for 4 seconds whilst it reboots itself, should I worry? I'm not advocating that anyone ignores what Toyota/Lexus see as a safety issue but, for me, it is not a strong enough reason to make a 300+ mile round trip.

• Like 3

It's a 120 mile round trip for me, and I have a 2019 model thankfully. These stories put me off a new model. One of the reasons I bought a Lexus was I didn't want any non-service visits to the dealership! So far that's held true, not sure it would if I had the new model. Worrying, Lexus! 😐

22 hours ago, Harrier Man said:

I received my letter this morning and then watched the Toyota video on TSS3. After that, I've decided to wait until a time convenient to me to have the update done as a trip to the dealer is over 300 miles (although I have yet to try the new Aberdeen garage which would reduce this by about half). Is it just me or do others find these safety systems unnecessary and a pain? I drive my car with awareness and responsibility; I am quite capable of staying within my lane, not crashing into a car in front, maintaining a safe distance from the vehicle in front, and I have never mown down a pedestrian so if the front camera blanks out for 4 seconds whilst it reboots itself, should I worry? I'm not advocating that anyone ignores what Toyota/Lexus see as a safety issue but, for me, it is not a strong enough reason to make a 300+ mile round trip.

Know what you mean. I think the cars are getting designed for idiot drivers who are too busy on their phone or whatever to be bothered with looking at the road or road conditions 🙄

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

22 hours ago, Alan305 said:

Sadly shows how things have changed. With the gearbox recall on my LS430 in 2005 Lexus Sheffield, collected, left a replacement and returned the car the next day together with flowers and chocolates.

The times they are changing. Here Lexus is no longer Lexus, but Toyota. Service no longer outstanding.

Sadly.

Lexus made the reputation with the old models and it took a long time. Losing a reputation can come a lot faster. Luckily for me the 2017 CT needs only regular service. Seems all new models are made with less perfection.

Zenth notified me today of the TSS3 recall, Lexus said n/a................dealer in Edinburgh decided, after a long pause, maybe yes, then definately yes.  'We need the car for the whole day sir, as its quite an update and we need to check everything is working afterwards'...................No good can come of this 😞 

3 hours ago, HappyLexi said:

Zenth notified me today of the TSS3 recall, Lexus said n/a................dealer in Edinburgh decided, after a long pause, maybe yes, then definately yes.  'We need the car for the whole day sir, as its quite an update and we need to check everything is working afterwards'...................No good can come of this 😞 

So....am I right that you are no longer a 'HappyLexi'.

[1] Who its Zenth/ [2] Why... no good can come of this ? 

Looks like you have lost confidence in your dealer.....so who will you use to service your 2022 NX in the future.

• Like 1

Really sounds like Lexus are now like all other pseudo luxury brands once they achieve status, chasing the money, cashing in, rather than chasing the quality.

I remember when Merc went through a similar thing circa late 80's / 90's. They produced terrible cars for quite a while. 

• Like 3

20 hours ago, HappyLexi said:

"we're all doomed"! 🤣

• Haha 1

I’ve received the letter today for the XGG95 recall. I was at my dealer last week for fuel flap fix and was told that they’d taken care of recall for forward looking radar; which sounds like it may actually be XGG95. 
Lexus Link maintenance doesn’t show this as having been done, but it does show the fuel flap, and given the issues with the app, I’m inclined not to trust it too much.

I could call up dealer, but tbh I’m feeling a bit let down by them and have lost confidence in them.

Does anyone know of an online resource or database (Lexus or Toyota) that I could look up to check the actual status to help me decide what I want to do.

thanks

1 hour ago, zanderblue said:

I’ve received the letter today for the XGG95 recall. I was at my dealer last week for fuel flap fix and was told that they’d taken care of recall for forward looking radar; which sounds like it may actually be XGG95. 
Lexus Link maintenance doesn’t show this as having been done, but it does show the fuel flap, and given the issues with the app, I’m inclined not to trust it too much.

I could call up dealer, but tbh I’m feeling a bit let down by them and have lost confidence in them.

Does anyone know of an online resource or database (Lexus or Toyota) that I could look up to check the actual status to help me decide what I want to do.

thanks

Alex.. Does this recall affect My Nx300h (xgg95 )

On 4/28/2023 at 4:17 PM, Ken R said:

Ken ..This Recall XGG95 Won,t Affect My car Will It.?

2 hours ago, RONNIE W HODGEKINSON said:

@RONNIE W HODGEKINSON  assuming you have a -2021 NX I don’t believe it will affect you. I think it is just for 2022- models

if you use the lexus-tech.eu website you should be able to put in your VIN and it should tell you what recalls are available. It isn’t the easiest of websites though

3 hours ago, RONNIE W HODGEKINSON said:

Hi Ronnie

No it's just for the new 2022 models I believe. It's just one of numerous recalls. I believe there are at least another two in the pipeline which is very disappointing. This model launch should have been delayed to address these issues prior to customers taking delivery. Most un-Lexus like! The Lexus Link app is also a source of problems so my patience is wearing thin. I would take my NX300h back in an instant!

Mine had XGG95 applied today during its second service, it applies to the camera apparently. I mentioned about the other issue people have been having of the connected services requiring you to log in over and over again, it was claimed there is a software update coming in a few weeks to fix it and Lexus are aware of the issues people are having ...

• Thanks 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links