Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Finally in build.

Today I finally received the email that I had been waiting for from my Lexus dealer to say that my RX4540h Takumi was finally in build. It’s now 10 months since the order and two months since the original  delivery date, really looking forward to its arrival and hope I will not be disappointed.  Althoiugh nothing the dealer could do about the delay they did contact me each month to say 'no news yet'.

• Like 3

Does your lexus link app show that the car is being built?

My dealer emailed me 3rd May saying that my car was 'in build' but my app today is still showing 'Order in progress'.

22 minutes ago, imgo said:

My dealer emailed me 3rd May saying that my car was 'in build' but my app today is still showing 'Order in progress'.

My email from dealership and App (My Lexus) have always been in sync within a couple of hours of each other 

I have been checking the app on a regulars basis and normally have found the app to be ahead of the generic / auto  email from dealership

14 minutes ago, HMT said:

My email from dealership and App (My Lexus) have always been in sync within a couple of hours of each other 

I have been checking the app on a regulars basis and normally have found the app to be ahead of the generic / auto  email from dealership

Just re-checked my app, 'order in progress', no change after 5 days since dealership email stating 'in build'., hope there isn't a problem like no key fobs, no locking wheel bolts, no Mark Levinson system, etc.

11 hours ago, imgo said:

10 hours ago, imgo said:

Just re-checked my app, 'order in progress', no change after 5 days since dealership email stating 'in build'., hope there isn't a problem like no key fobs, no locking wheel bolts, no Mark Levinson system, etc.

The email from the dealer and the Lexus app seem perfectly in sync. The app showing build in progress.

• 3 weeks later...

After three weeks showing 'Build in progress' I now have a vehicle 'Left the factory'. Currently waiting for my dealer to find out the name of the vessel it is on so that I can track it, Dalian Highway left Japan last week so hope it may be on that one. Delivery still being advised as end of July/early August so keeping my fingers crossed

• Like 1

7 hours ago, johnvw said:

After three weeks showing 'Build in progress' I now have a vehicle 'Left the factory'. Currently waiting for my dealer to find out the name of the vessel it is on so that I can track it, Dalian Highway left Japan last week so hope it may be on that one. Delivery still being advised as end of July/early August so keeping my fingers crossed

Great news.

the vessel takes “about “ 4 weeks.  The big unknown at the moment is time at Derby.. mine took almost 3 weeks, others have said 6+ weeks. Depends on what if any shortages they have.  Was mud guards , currently locking wheel nuts (bolts ?) 

with luck all the shortages will be sorted by the time yours gets to Portbury

also if you go onto the Portbury website they have a list of all ships coming in so you can watch it for a few days ahead.  My email to tell me that it was here was within 3 hours of the Portbury website time of docking.

I was told mine has finally entered the 'in build' stage on Monday, after just over a year of waiting for any progression on my order. It came as more of a sense of relief than anything else. I think I've got myself that annoyed over the whole situation that it has genuinely sucked out any enjoyment I once had. 

Anyway enough of that for the time being (it's genuinely driven me round the twist in recent months) - I'm not sure if mine is actually being built as we speak because a few days prior to that, Customer Relations advised me that it was confirmed to be built in June...so it could very well be just getting lined up in the next batch. I’m not entirely clear on what ‘in build’ is referring to in that respect. 

My current estimated date according to the dealer is 4th September - give or take a few days. I recall being told at the time of ordering that it would take around eight weeks to ship, but he could have just been giving me a worse-case scenario. 

I've never had my order showing on the app for me, so barring a few communications with Customer Relations and the dealer earlier this week, I would have been none the wiser that things are now, at last (hopefully...), moving forwards.

Good, happy also the end is coming for you after a long wait. I am in about 3 weeks away from picking up my Lexus and am starting to be less excited as this part of spending this some of money seems to be the longest. 😀

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links