Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Size of an NX compared to UX

Dear All,

I'm thinking about a possible replacement for 'my' (company car) UXe. The 360 camera is very helpful generally and although I could get an NX into the garage it's a bit tight as it's 16cm longer.

I wondered how you find parking your NX and, if anyone has changed from a UX to an NX, have you noticed the extra size? 

When the car had it's last service at Lexus Hedge End, they had a NX350 in the showroom and it looked very impressive.

Regards, 

Chris

My precedent company car was a Passat SW which was 4,77 m long. So it is almost 11 cm less for me 
However, the car is wider especially with the mirrors where I went from 2.08 m with the Passat to 2.15 m (but only +3 cm for body width)

Turning radius is virtually identical 

I think it is the car height (and the wheel size - I went from 17' to 20' rims) that makes it impressive (almost 20 cm more than my ex Passat)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Chris UXe said:

I'm thinking about a possible replacement for 'my' (company car) UXe. The 360 camera is very helpful generally and although I could get an NX into the garage it's a bit tight as it's 16cm longer.

I know I post this whenever someone mentions getting their car into the garage and I'm just not having it. If this guy can do it, so can you :thumbsup: :laugh:

• Haha 6

Chris, I changed from UX to NX due to having a new grandchild and not being able to get the pushchair in the UX. I loved the UX but the NX is far easier to drive and park than the UX - it is squarer and has the 360 camera.

IMG_8184.jpeg

IMG_8415.jpeg

3 hours ago, Herbie said:

I know I post this whenever someone mentions getting their car into the garage and I'm just not having it. If this guy can do it, so can you :thumbsup: :laugh:

I've never seen this before.

Impressive parking 😀

• Like 1

Terrane Khaki is what I have on order... It's one of my favourite colours I've seen in any car in recent years. It's stunning.

It’s good to hear the NX is easier to drive. It’s not that I have an issue with the UX I have. In terms of driveability, the only issue I have is there’s a notable blind spot right by the 'B' pillar for me.  

My only slight reservation with changing from the UX to the NX is that before I had the UX, I had an Audi Q5 and that was quite a tight fit down my driveway. I managed it, but I know there was very little in the way of room spare. Our driveway gets narrower the further off the pavement and if I ended up being the 'first in', I did have to literally go up to the side of the house on the passenger side.  

There’s a few reasons why I've been wanting to go to an NX from a UX. Firstly – the boot space. That's always been the biggest issue I've had with the UX right from day one. There’s just no depth to it. Secondly, whilst it’s absolutely fine for me, it can be a little tricky for the aging parents to get in and out of, compared to the Q5 I had. If the UX was a little 'taller' and the boot had another five/six inches or so of depth to it, I’d have probably have just changed it for another UX. For most of the time (going back and forth to work and ‘daytripping’), it suits me perfectly.   

Just a word of warning if you’re going for an NX though, Chris. Do you know how long left you have to run (in terms of contract) on your UXe? The reason I ask is that I'm now about a week away from the ‘first anniversary’ of my NX order – and neither the dealer or Customer Relations can supply me with a build date. Without any imminent news on this front, I’m going to have to extend the contract on my existing UX which runs out in September.

• Like 3

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links