Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

I got one …

Collected my RC300h today, and it’s just lovely so far. 2020 F-Sport in black.

spacer.png

spacer.png

I’ve never had a car with so many toys and gadgets before. So many buttons and menus to experiment with.

• Like 9

41 minutes ago, poprock said:

Collected my RC300h today, and it’s just lovely so far. 2020 F-Sport in black.

spacer.png

spacer.png

I’ve never had a car with so many toys and gadgets before. So many buttons and menus to experiment with.

Looks good, must say the facelift front end is an improvement and wish they did the RCF with a Tan interior!

Looks really good, orange callipers too!  Got a favourite gadget so far?  We must all have them……. Rear wing switch for me (though I’m mentally 7!)

• Like 1

Congratulations on your car, Tony.  It’s good to see a new wave of appreciative owners of a rare and beautiful car.

My own favourite feature remains the brief pause before the windows gently slide closed, but there are so many other indicators of quality that in time you come to almost take them for granted.

I have to agree - the subtle shifting of the windows is very refined. As is the steering wheel moving out of your way to give more room to get out.

It’s the little things, right?

55 minutes ago, poprock said:

…. It’s the little things, right?

No question about it.  And lots of them is even better….  It was mainly the many toys included in the top-spec packages that you had to pay for with other marques that first attracted me to Lexus.

• 3 months later...

I collected an azure blue late 2018 low milage RC300h F Sport from my local Lexus dealer two weeks ago. I am so happy with this car. In the past I've had reasonably new Audi A4, TT, BMW 3 series and Merc SLK. The quality and refinement of the Lexus is way above the mass produced rattly German offerings. I took a 3 hour drive to the Lakes and the car averaged 47.9 mpg on both legs. I had the cruise set at 70/60 as appropriate for the majority of the way. At home on a mix of gentle rural and town driving I'm getting 44.9 mpg. One of the best aspects of having a RC is that it isn't a clitoris car; which every c#*t has. It's so refreshing to drive a car that you just don't see everyday. People actually stare at this car, which isn't bad for a 5 year old. The only downside that I'm struggling with is the map is very out of date. So I've purchased a new map and loaded my USB stick exactly in accordance with the instructions (FAT32 formatting etc) but the car just doesn't 'see' it. Off to the dealer for help in a few days. As for the lack of performance, it is a small price to pay for exquisite styling and build quality. Accelerating away from the lights as quickly as possible has never been a thing I took any pleasure from, so I won't ever miss it. The ride and handling are just fantastic. The seats and driving position are great. I really like this car! 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

I’ve managed to get the map updating regularly via Wi-Fi, by setting it up to connect through my phone.

The only thing I’ve never been able to sort out is the Lexus Link app - when I try to register my multimedia device ID it tells me the system is already registered to someone else. So the previous owner must not have cancelled it.

On 6/1/2023 at 11:04 PM, Jgtcracer said:

Looks good, must say the facelift front end is an improvement and wish they did the RCF with a Tan interior!

Looks really good, orange callipers too!  Got a favourite gadget so far?  We must all have them……. Rear wing switch for me (though I’m mentally 7!)

I love tan for an interior colour. probably my all time favourite.

2 hours ago, Ian Mack Rc300h F Sport said:

I collected an azure blue late 2018 low milage RC300h F Sport from my local Lexus dealer two weeks ago. I am so happy with this car. In the past I've had reasonably new Audi A4, TT, BMW 3 series and Merc SLK. The quality and refinement of the Lexus is way above the mass produced rattly German offerings. I took a 3 hour drive to the Lakes and the car averaged 47.9 mpg on both legs. I had the cruise set at 70/60 as appropriate for the majority of the way. At home on a mix of gentle rural and town driving I'm getting 44.9 mpg. One of the best aspects of having a RC is that it isn't a clitoris car; which every c#*t has. It's so refreshing to drive a car that you just don't see everyday. People actually stare at this car, which isn't bad for a 5 year old. The only downside that I'm struggling with is the map is very out of date. So I've purchased a new map and loaded my USB stick exactly in accordance with the instructions (FAT32 formatting etc) but the car just doesn't 'see' it. Off to the dealer for help in a few days. As for the lack of performance, it is a small price to pay for exquisite styling and build quality. Accelerating away from the lights as quickly as possible has never been a thing I took any pleasure from, so I won't ever miss it. The ride and handling are just fantastic. The seats and driving position are great. I really like this car! 

Sorry, it's not allowed. No one can post 'i really like this car' without banging up at least three pics for us to drool over. Although I can forgive a lot of anyone who comes with 'a clitoris car'. That's going to keep me laughing for awhile.

• Haha 1

I dropped my car for the paint correction about 5 days ago and drive Toyota Avensis while that time and only now I understand again how good is my Lexus. Going to take the bus now  to get it back home clean and shine.

Enjoy your car!

Another new owner here that's very impressed with the spec of the RC 300h. 
@Rabbers & @poprock They use microswitches for the window drop/rise. Previously I had a BMW E46 330Ci Coupe which had the same arrangement, from memory it was only activated when you touched the door handle after unlocking it with the keyfob
One thing that I find strange on my 300h is the front heated seat buttons have three lights lit up as the lower setting & a single light for the maximum. Thought it would have been the other way around?
Had a 2005 IS200 about 12 years ago (until my girlfriends roof landed on it during a storm) and if this car is as reliable as that one I'll be very happy. 

7 minutes ago, GrumpyCat said:

One thing that I find strange on my 300h is the front heated seat buttons have three lights lit up as the lower setting & a single light for the maximum. Thought it would have been the other way around?

Certainly was the other way round on both my 2016 and 2019 RC300h cars.

The system can be set up to automatically reduce the setting as the seat heats up. That means one switches seat heater on and all 3 leds illuminate and then as the seat warms up it automatically goes to 2 leds then 1 LED. So, in effect, the seats feel warmer at the 1 LED setting.

Glad you're enjoying your RC, Ray.  You've made a good choice.

To Peter's and David's comments I would add that I've always found the three-two-one sequence for the seat heating leds to be perfectly logical because it expresses the diminishing need for the system to remain switched on.

On an entirely personal note, I must say that in practice I have only rarely felt the need to let the seat heating reach the one-led mark or maintain it for long because the cabin heating system, even in extremely cold weather, will by then have substantially reduced or eliminated the need for it to be kept on.  As a matter of fact, even with two leds lit I have sometimes found myself contemplating the snow and ice outside and thinking if the need I might be feeling to wait for the single LED might not be more psychological than physical.  The RC's cabin is, after all, quite small and, given the efficiency of the climate control, quick to heat up.

I'll double check those heated seat buttons next time I'm in the car, not tried the cooling seats but will be interesting to see if they are the same. 
So much to like about the car, such a really good comfortable cruiser, wish the door pockets were a bit larger though. 

1 hour ago, GrumpyCat said:

.... not tried the cooling seats .... 

In my experience the seat ventilation function is not as effective as the heating one.  It can provide some additional relief from the heat of a normal summer day but can make you feel even clammier when high heat is accompanied by high humidity.  This is because the aircon, while drying the cabin air and therefore cooling your front and legs, is prevented by the body itself from producing a similar effect on your rear parts.  The result is that the ventilation tends to capture and not fully disperse body moisture and therefore to accentuate rather than reduce clamminess.  Of course opinions will vary according to the types of climate in which we do most of our driving.

The ventilated seats in the RC didn't really perform until the a/c had cooled the cabin down and there was a good supply of cooled air under the seats. They worked but not terribly effective.

Curiously the ventilated seats in the RX cool one's derriere remarkably effectively from the moment one (or the climate concierge function) enables them! So much so I had to up the cabin temperature to avoid "cold ache" in my nether regions. Once adjusted I must say the RX has the best climate control I've ever experienced.

19 hours ago, GrumpyCat said:

It is other way around. So when you press the button once 3 lights light-up meaning maximum heat, then click again and it reduces the heat, and third time is minimal heat.

As mentioned there is option in climate settings for this to happen automatically, so you click button once, it goes to max heat and then cycles down automatically over time. 

So I think confusion he is just that you expected 1-click is minimum heat and then heat increases, whereas on Lexus 1-click goes right to the maximum heat and then heat decreases

@Rabbers @NemesisUK  I'll have to wait a while to try the cooling seats, temperatures have dropped here in Lancashire over the last couple of days! 

Yes @Linas.P that was my thinking, I expected one click to be minimum rather than the maximum. Fewer lights=less heat, more lights=more heat. 

16 minutes ago, GrumpyCat said:

@Rabbers @NemesisUK  I'll have to wait a while to try the cooling seats, temperatures have dropped here in Lancashire over the last couple of days! 

Yes @Linas.P that was my thinking, I expected one click to be minimum rather than the maximum. Fewer lights=less heat, more lights=more heat. 

To be honest I am just driving with "cooled" seats all year long, if is very cold then I just turn it from cooled to heated, but it is never off 😄 

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/25/2023 at 5:19 PM, poprock said:

I’ve managed to get the map updating regularly via Wi-Fi, by setting it up to connect through my phone.

The only thing I’ve never been able to sort out is the Lexus Link app - when I try to register my multimedia device ID it tells me the system is already registered to someone else. So the previous owner must not have cancelled it.

I have exactly the same message when I try to register my multimedia device ID. Is there no way to sort this? 

13 hours ago, Clive New said:

I have exactly the same message when I try to register my multimedia device ID. Is there no way to sort this? 

Apparently you can ask your Lexus dealer to sort it out. But … mine magically fixed itself. No idea when or why, but it’s done now.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links