Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

UCF20 Celsior Facelift TOMs Performance ECU

DanMystro

Managed to pick up this TOMs ECU for our facelift LS400s, also came with this sweet Celsior 10th anniversary edition key. Plugged it in and switched key immobiliser chips and starts fine.

Just been out for a test drive. It's a lot more responsive now, awesome stuff, I think the fuel map has been changed as well as my wideband is showing slightly richer than before. The rev limit is now 7000 which is awesome! 😃. I read somewhere that on other Toms ECUs for other cars the ignition timing is advanced but I don't know if it's the case on this one, all-in-all great stuff!

001.png

oo.png

• Like 1

1 hour ago, EP80 said:

Wondering if it was a Yahoo Japan Auctions buy? Thinking of trying out JAUCE and curious of any experience of similar services.

I use 'buyee', essentially a middle man that let's you browse various Japanese auction sites and shops, once you buy an item it gets shipped to their warehouse where you pay P&P to get it back here. 

Yes it was Yahoo auction. Cost a lot though 😬

• Thanks 1

This is great news... apart from the cost bit! 🙂

Does anyone know what other options there are to maintain oem functionality but gain the ability to control fuelling/timing?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Supafly said:

This is great news... apart from the cost bit! 🙂

Does anyone know what other options there are to maintain oem functionality but gain the ability to control fuelling/timing?

One other option to control fuelling is to install a wideband to check AFRs and an Apexi Neo SAFC which intercepts the MAF signal and alters it allowing you to adjust the AFR, I've done with my car and it works great, with timing I have not seen any way to do that apart from a standalone ECU.

Both really cool additions 😎

I've dabbled with similar units on other cars in the past (mostly Starlet turbos) and they certainly do make a difference.

Usual features are a raised RPM limited, removed speed cut limiter and a more aggressive map.  Most that I've tested show quite rich on the wideband, just figured they were throwing extra fuel in to accommodate the extra power (or safeguard against knock).

Great finds!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Jaystar77 said:

Both really cool additions 😎

I've dabbled with similar units on other cars in the past (mostly Starlet turbos) and they certainly do make a difference.

Usual features are a raised RPM limited, removed speed cut limiter and a more aggressive map.  Most that I've tested show quite rich on the wideband, just figured they were throwing extra fuel in to accommodate the extra power (or safeguard against knock).

Great finds!

Awesome stuff to hear! Know if ignition timing gets tampered with?

On 6/7/2023 at 3:07 PM, DanMystro said:

One other option to control fuelling is to install a wideband to check AFRs and an Apexi Neo SAFC which intercepts the MAF signal and alters it allowing you to adjust the AFR, I've done with my car and it works great, with timing I have not seen any way to do that apart from a standalone ECU.

Thanks for the pointers.  I ask because I've got a few td04's (subaru impreza turbos) which I initially bought to turbocharge my bmw engine, but instead was thinking about using two of them on my old blue ls400.

• Like 1

It must have been around 2006-2009s when you could buy a MINES ECU for less than £100.00 for the early Celsiors but now like Rocking Horse S***.

These basically offered the same power upgrades and increased red line to 7000 RPM which the early thick rod engines could manage with ease.

Nothing cheap nowadays....I saw a LS430 passenger footwell litter bin on fleabay recently going for £170.00 plus delivery from Japan.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, steve2006 said:

It must have been around 2006-2009s when you could buy a MINES ECU for less than £100.00 for the early Celsiors but now like Rocking Horse S***.

These basically offered the same power upgrades and increased red line to 7000 RPM which the early thick rod engines could manage with ease.

Nothing cheap nowadays....I saw a LS430 passenger footwell litter bin on fleabay recently going for £170.00 plus delivery from Japan.

Thanks for that info. Yeah in total it was just shy of £800, but I guess cost is subjective.

Fairly certain the timing is adjusted with these sorts of ECU, to what extent I'm not sure but here's the advertising blurb from Japan on a SARD ECU I have in one of my Starlets:

Analyse is an ECU set to provide alteration of high boost & rev control at high speed driving, and provides accurate engine control in various conditions, such as partial range, street driving, and engine idling.

Resetting items of Analyse:

Fuel map resetting.
Ignition map resetting.
Rev limiter resetting.
Speed limiter cancellation.
Boost limiter cancellation.
It's strongly required to use high-octane gasoline after the replacement of ECU (in Japan "high-octane gasoline" values is 100~101%.

* When ordering Analyse, it is required to inform the serial number of your factory standard computer unit. Regardless of minor changes, the serial number of the factory standard computer may be modified. It is very important that buyer inform us the serial number on the factory standard ECU actually mounted on your vehicle helps to prevents unnecessary trouble.

Listed are the trade in prices of the factory ECU meaning you are required to send us your factory ECU for Sard re-writing the ECU data.

You may contact us for vehicles not listed here in the application chart. Sard is ready with analyzed computers for many different vehicles. Sard will be able to modify your factory computer data. (Note that certain vehicles cannot be modified)"

I have dealt with a few other aftermarket versions from Blitz, Mines and JAM in the past which are just a variation on the above mentioning the same advantages.  TOMS did produce a Starlet unit but I've never got my hands on one unfortunately.

Hope that helps!

• Thanks 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links