Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Mobile Phone Holder

Hi

I'm looking for a mobile phone holder for my 2012 RX450 to replace my existing phone which has faulty spring mechanism. The one I have slots into the CD slot which is secure but it fiver the Hazard warning button. I have tried a vent holder in the past but it's not secure. I don't like the suction ones as they are too far and does fall off occasionally. 

Any recommendations? 

IMG_20230610_123222.jpg

Brodit fit perfectly (just fitted mine) and the part numbers are below that fit your car a Mk3 like mine (?)

Once fitted over to the left of the hazard button I can see the car info screen and it does not get in the way of any other buttons  

The price of these is outrageous IMO but they fit and work as described and are very well made. 

Just removed the part numbers as you need to select for your phone, with a case or not, what type of charging (if any) needed.

If I can remember I will post a pic tomorrow of it in situ.

• Thanks 1

This holder can be positioned anywhere along this section to suit, they have another one that fits down on the left near the gear lever & another that sits above the pop out cup holder.

I just slide my phone in and it starts charging, it is adjustable in width to accommodate a phone cover (gel sleeve on mine) and can be tilted here and there to suit  

IMG_0688.jpeg

I have one these:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B01JG7ZMIW?ref=nb_sb_ss_w_as-reorder-t1_k0_1_9&amp=&crid=2RLHB1BCRI7SZ&amp=&sprefix=magnetuc+

It's a magnetic vent mounted holder. I've been using it for over year and find it to be very secure in holding my phone, as well a small (8 inch) tablet. It's also pretty unobtrusive.

I agree with VFR too about the Brodit kits. They're expensive, but the ones I've had in the past have been good.

9 hours ago, Illogan said:

Ben,

I have my wife to hold the 'phone for me.

For £5 a day you can use her (for this)

Or £40 a week

(Do you take PayPal?)     🤣

You Must Always Pay Your Pal ( Especially If Its Your Wife ) Or you want to Live.!!!!

• Like 1

Having a phone cell with NFC, I suggest a gravity holder so to have no need of a magnetic plate on rear that could potentially give problem in NFC .

The magnetic part of the phone mount is the part attached to the air vent in the car. The only thing that is attached to the phone is a small disc of steel stuck onto the back of the phone. This does not affect the NFC capability of the phone in any way.

• 1 month later...
On 6/11/2023 at 2:22 PM, Bluemarlin said:

I have one these:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B01JG7ZMIW?ref=nb_sb_ss_w_as-reorder-t1_k0_1_9&amp=&crid=2RLHB1BCRI7SZ&amp=&sprefix=magnetuc+

It's a magnetic vent mounted phone holder. I've been using it for over year and find it to be very secure in holding my phone, as well a small (8 inch) tablet. It's also pretty unobtrusive.

I agree with VFR too about the Brodt kits. They're expensive, but the ones I've had in the past have been good.

I have As same as this but with wireless magnetic charge. If your phone can charge wirelessly then i suggest to go for wireless charging mount... 

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links