Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

IS250C for sale — does anyone know this car?

My view? ... whilst 4 owners for a 13yr old car is not a problem "part exchange to clear" tells its own story for me. I'd be concerned with the general usage marks and the poor interior condition, especially the driver's seat that looks irrecoverable.  I'm also very sceptical about a car with 4 different branded tyres ... what's that about? I'm sure you can do better unless you're prepared to spend some money on it.

• Like 6

10 hours ago, Sundance said:

My view? ... whilst 4 owners for a 13yr old car is not a problem "part exchange to clear" tells its own story for me. I'd be concerned with the general usage marks and the poor interior condition, especially the driver's seat that looks irrecoverable.  I'm also very sceptical about a car with 4 different branded tyres ... what's that about? I'm sure you can do better unless you're prepared to spend some money on it.

I don't often agree with you, but I don't have much else to add this time, you are spot on - interior toast, 4 different tyres... price looks alright at first glance, but condition says this was beaten-up badly.

Add ~£1000 for sorting out interior, ~£600 for set of decent tyres and you arrive at the price of £8000. And who knows what else it is hiding there... at which point you have much better options to choose from. 

As well ~100k miles is the worst time to acquire IS250 unless all the services were done and parts replaced, because at ~100k is where you have to start changing many major component and everything that wasn't changed as per service schedule. So expect water pump, spark plugs, o2/lambda sensors, whole exhaust, potentially full AC service and alternator... list goes on.  The point is that - once you at say 140-160k, those things are either replaced or obviously broken, at 60-80k they still have some life left in them, but at 100k is exactly the point where everything that wasn't replaced at 60-80k goes bang!

• Like 2

Check out the MOT history (presently expired BTW).

It appears to be been run on a budget since new so 4 not so caring owners running tyres and brakes to their legal limits before having to replace them....too many unnecessary advisories.

Looking at the interior it may have never seen the likes of a vacuum cleaner and how does a driver’s seat get into that state!

Looks like WBAC straight to BCA and now dealer route to me and given that the front mats were sitting in the boot still dirty would be another indication of lack of care.

Keep looking but close your eyes to this example.

• Like 3

Hi I am in agreement with Rowley ,this time of the year is the most expensive to purchase the convertible and this car is well below current dealer level ,there must be a reason ;its shabby and higher mileage as these cars are often 2 nd cars ;I would say keep looking unless you fancy spending quite a lot extra to Bring it up to scratch

Dave

• Like 2

Good Evening, 

Have owned the car for 3 years it’s been maintained by Lexus Maidstone, I currently have a service contract for the car.

it’s in excellent condition full Lexus history and the Price is 10k.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links