Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Suggest a Toyota/Lexus mech in West Yorks

Hi all.

Sorry if this has been done before or maybe I've asked previously. Thought I'd found a good place with Lex-Tec, but with all due respects to them, we may have gotten off on a bad footing. Will leave it at that!

So, I'm sick of all these other (not talking about LexTec here btw as the rep apeaks for itself and hence why I'd looked forward to a long and happy relationship) grade 2 mechanics but equally not wanting to throw money at Main Dealers for straightforward work. Before I book in with Lexus Leeds (they appear to have a very good review rating out of 600 reviews only a handful negative) for some 'front suspension arm pin or bush worn but no excessive play' advisory work, is there anywhere local enough to me that folks can recommend.

My last garage I'd use for work that needed doing proper, just couldn't ever own up after his mechanics making silly mistakes (and then me having to rectify the problem myself taking double the time!). Long shot I know... But any recomendations appreciated - hopefully with a list of mainstream reviews (in Google or the likes) that'll back up the recommendation  😊

Thanks in advance and my beautiful car salutes you!

@Malc1 any ideas how I can delete this thread pls. Hopefully might be sorted now and it'd be less clutter. Plus, don't want people to take out of context my comment about the Indy garage - wasn't trying to put em down (which it may come across as).

I shouldn’t worry too much about the odd comment that’s awry …….. ask Mods Steve2006 how to ….. he’s always understanding helpful and thoughtful about errant Posts 🤞

Malc 

Thanks Malc and Supafly. Wouldn't let me edit for some reason. Maybe cos I donthave enough post-count. Anyway, thankfully after calling Lexus Leeds but no reply I've kinda managed to patch things up with Lex-Tec and am booked in for next month for some much needed front suspension arms rear bushings.

Price from Lexus for the genuine parts (which is all that Lex Tec use and it makes sense) is, wait for it.... £387.60 for both sides. I know there is a way of squeezing out the old and popping in the new but seems Dave prefers to just change the full triangle-arm thingy.

Hopefully they'll be happy with my custom and allow me to come back. Oh how times have changed for a bit of quality work these days 😆

Those simple triangular arms I bought a few Ls400 ones thru Amayama at biggish costs over the years but even after carriage, import duty, vat etc worked out about 50% of UK Toyota / Lexus Main Dealer prices …… and only about an hour each side to replace 

have read in the past here about trying to press fresh rubber bushes in etc but it’s never come across as being tangibly successful 

good luck 

Malc 

1 hour ago, Redefined said:

Price from Lexus for the genuine parts (which is all that Lex Tec use and it makes sense) is, wait for it.... £387.60 for both sides. I know there is a way of squeezing out the old and popping in the new but seems Dave prefers to just change the full triangle-arm thingy.

That's cheap for both front lower arms, LPD has them listed at £316 each - highlighted in yellow below - that's if that is the correct part/s you have ordered for the triangle thingy.
Front lower arm rear bushes part number 48655-50012 are £178 each from LPD - highlighted in red below - and £85 for 2 bushes including delivery from Amayama in Japan.

image.thumb.png.b7b49a8b4481974922ffd94bc1c8dcd1.png

• Thanks 1

@Razor61 that fills me with smiles. Maybe they (Lex-Tec order direct from Amayama or https://partsouq.com/

Hopefully one more job done in my mission to return the lovelt thing to it's original glory. @Malc1 I think I saw Car Care Nut on his YT channel explaining why these parts go sooner than the lighter equivalents of our cars. He talked about the barge effect on the suspension components. Even though it's just an advisory, I'm hoping it'll explain the light brake shake that happens when breaking downhill at speed.

Next jobs can then be brakework (if the suspension arms don't sort it) which I can do myself and save money. Could try and attempt them myself but probably above my faff threshold rating. Come to think of it, I checked the invoice and it states 'front suspension arm rear bushes £161 +vat (each). So I obviously misunderstood when told by the admin lady that it would be the full wishbones/lower arms.

Oh well, best get enough shifts in to pay the bills!! Hopefully (maybe) Dave might comment on the overall condition of the rest of the car).

Just reread the Amayama pricing Razor. Wow I'll just 😆 cos otherwise I'd 😢

Here's the link if anyone has the press to squeeze them in and a garage to take everything apart and take their time https://www.amayama.com/en/catalogs/lexus/ls430/3-sedan-left-xf30-2003-r-3476/transmission-and-chassis-2/front-axle-arm-steering-knuckle-151

My first triangular one failed at 145k miles   Heard a “ pop/bump” whatever in the Dolomites but couldn’t find anything untoward and she drove as good as ever for the rest of the holiday …… ‘Twas near side front at the next MOT fail and I replaced with BluePrint RUBBISH as that only lasted 40/50k miles …. and at 50% Lexus Toyota cost at that time 

I hadn’t then read about Amayama etc 

Then it’s been Amayama  X 4 since about 190/205k miles for Toyota stamped replacements as above 

and touch wood these should all last to 300k+ miles ok …. Fingers xd 👍

Malc 

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links