Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

In the market for a RX

I have decided to get a bigger lexus as the IS 200d is too small now, I wantr to keep the IS as its a cracking car. don't mind one from 06 or RX Fsport from 2012

I would like to know what the spec difference is between the SR and SEL, I want all the toys in it. I have noticed that some dont have the power operated boot.

Whats the MPG on the 400H and the 450 F sport..

I know that they are very reliable as I have had Lexus cars for over 15yr 

thanks in advance 

I doubt there's much difference in MPG between any of the 3rd generation 450 models. My 2014 Luxury is currently getting around 37mpg, but that's with 4+ years of hybrid driving experience behind me and wafting around on relatively gentle East Anglian roads. Shorter journeys and/or hillier routes would make a difference.

There's a good guide to the RX450 trim levels and their equipment pinned at the top of this forum.

• Like 4

My experience is similar to Nigel's. Typically I get 30-35mpg in mixed local driving. Cruising at 60-65 mph on longer runs will see 40/41mpg, whilst 70-80  takes it down to 30-35 again.

That's all with E5 petrol. If I use E10 I find those figures drop by around 5 mpg.

• Like 3

After 4 years of year-round driving, Only 6,000 miles each year, cold starts from the bottom of a hill, and 90% town/suburban driving, using mostly E10, fairly light on the pedal, average is 33.7mph

Edited by Illogan
  • Like 1

On 7/13/2023 at 1:27 AM, Bluemarlin said:

My experience is similar to Nigel's. Typically I get 30-35mpg in mixed local driving. Cruising at 60-65 mph on longer runs will see 40/41mpg, whilst 70-80  takes it down to 30-35 again.

That's all with E5 petrol. If I use E10 I find those figures drop by around 5 mpg.

Not forgetting that auto A/C might drop it by maybe another 2mpg ... well that's what I find anyway.

• Like 2

On 7/13/2023 at 1:27 AM, Bluemarlin said:

Exactly right. Same with me on bioeth E10. Currently on 28.6 mpg om long French roads at about 65 mph

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/14/2023 at 9:55 PM, Greisingel said:

Exactly right. Same with me on bioeth E10. Currently on 28.6 mpg om long French roads at about 65 mph

Funnily enough I just got back from France. On the way out I got 33mpg driving ay 65mph, with a few faster stretches, and  on the way back got 39mpg with the cruise set at 65mph. Both with E5. Oddlly enough, despite the differing mpg figures, both outward and  return journeys used exactly a tank of petrol, with O miles left on the cruising range.

Just back from France, too, in the 400H. On the main roads, limited to 80 kph / 50mph, MPG is amazing, 38-39. On the equivalent of a by-pass, still 32-33 mpg at 110kph / 70 mph. At 130kph / 80mph, MPG falls off drastically, 26-27mpg. 

French roads are miles better than UK, depressingly. Driving standards are much higher and so traffic flows better, no lane hogs, overtake or stay in the inside lane. 

On 7/24/2023 at 3:04 PM, Bluemarlin said:

Funnily enough I just got back from France. On the way out I got 33mpg driving ay 65mph, with a few faster stretches, and  on the way back got 39mpg with the cruise set at 65mph. Both with E5. Oddlly enough, despite the differing mpg figures, both outward and  return journeys used exactly a tank of petrol, with O miles left on the cruising range.

Agree – when I travelled in 2018 on premium II was getting 34 mpg and creeping upwards until my radiator blew up 😤

• 2 weeks later...

I have purchased a RX400H  executive limited edition,   130k miles and after giving the car a good clean and detailing the black paint I am pleased with it, I did want the 450 f sport but decided for this for now to see if I like a big bus lol

I am enjoying the space for sure since changing from IS200d , 

had it over a week now and locally I am getting 30mpg,  I will see how I get on with it, 

Wheels need a refurb which is my next job 

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links