Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Firmware/Software upgrades

I find it strange that I've never had a firmware/software update since I bought my f-sport in 2019. I've had audio & map updates but no ECU or system (hybrid) updates. 

Either Lexus creates perfect software at the first attempt that cannot be improved upon (impossible) or, they don't bother with updates as long as it works...

Thoughts .. 

1 hour ago, UX250h said:

I find it strange that I've never had a firmware/software update since I bought my f-sport in 2019. I've had audio & map updates but no ECU or system (hybrid) updates. 

Either Lexus creates perfect software at the first attempt that cannot be improved upon (impossible) or, they don't bother with updates as long as it works...

Thoughts .. 

As for ECU updates and hybrid control etc etc, I think there are occasional updates for those - but the dealer would just apply them for you at service time I believe. (I seem to remember reading there was an ECU update for cruise control or something on the new NX?). And I also think that testing of the core vehicle ECUs is much more thorough than the infotainment and navigation, which seems to get almost no testing these days given the number of bugs it ships with.

Paul

22 minutes ago, UX250h said:

Hmmmm, I've always asked for any updates to be applied, lexus have always told me, there aren't any... 

Yes, this is my experience. They certainly don’t routinely apply ECU updates. If there is a TSB it still requires the owner to state they have the problem before they will apply it. 

• Thanks 1

"If it ain't broke don't fix it"

It will always cost the dealership to apply software updates in time/money by tying up a bay and pc. There's always the potential for unforeseen problems. 

• 2 weeks later...

This is the latest software update on a 2022 UX 

Dated June 2023

I took my UX to Lexus Bolton and was told on arrival the download of the new software would take about 2 hour, it actually took 2 hours 30 minutes.

Not too bad as I was told downloads can be problematic depending on internet connection. 

IMG_2895.jpeg

On 7/27/2023 at 8:29 AM, UX250h said:

I've attached a screenshot from... https://www.lexus-tech.eu/Navigation/base

Screenshot_2023-07-27-08-25-56-47_4641ebc0df1485bf6b47ebd018b5ee76.jpg

Thank you. My map is uptodate as I updated it myself . May I ask if you know the latest software version ? . 
Thanks 

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links