Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hi 

I have a 2006 IS250. 

The dipped beam went, so i took it to the closest garage to get the bulb swapped out. 

They gave me the whole talk about possibly having to remove front bumper and I was like 'i've owned this car over 10 years, the front bumper has never been removed'. 

In the end they had to remove the airbox, fair enough. The dipped beam was working again. I've just noticed now that the sidelight on the drivers side is now not working, it was deffo working before the dipped beam bulb was changed. 

Does the sidelight bulb change on drivers side also require the airbox to come out?

Many thanks 

Taz

18 minutes ago, T man 545645 said:

Does the sidelight bulb change on drivers side also require the airbox to come out?

In short, no, but it's really tight. 

You have to remove a plastic cover on the back of the headlight to access the bulb - you can pop it off with the airbox in place, and if you have small enough hands you can maybe just about twist and remove the sidelight bulb. However, you will not be able to put the little cover back on as that requires a bit more movement in already a very limited space.. It's not worth the aggro, so just get the 3 or 4 bolts out of the air box, push it aside (no need to fully remove it) and that should give you enough wiggle room. It's a 10min job. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

• 5 weeks later...

why is it always the pain in the ( / ) drivers side that always goes and not the easier passenger side lol 😃 . unless you have hands the size of a five year old its  worth taking the time to remove the airbox and maf sensor to make it easier imo

You need to remove washer fluid tube on the passenger side... but I would not say that is difficult job - driver side has 3x10mm, passengers side 1x10mm, both takes make 5min to replace... unless bolts are rusted and brakes... which has happened to me in the past, so this time around I was mindful of that and sprayed WD40 for 5 days in a row before attempting to undo the bolts and then replaced them with new bolts to prevent it from causing issues in future. Although, if you have Xenon that is like once in 8 years job. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/28/2023 at 7:05 PM, gji25 said:

why is it always the pain in the ( / ) drivers side that always goes and not the easier passenger side lol 😃 . unless you have hands the size of a five year old its  worth taking the time to remove the airbox and maf sensor to make it easier imo

This is why i have children. Can't get that bolt out? Just grab the smallest and tell them "Get that bolt out and i'll buy you a £1 bag of Haribo. 😁

• Haha 3

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links