Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

I took my LC in for a ceramic coat

ThomasLexus94

Hey everyone,

I decided to treat the Lexus LC 500h to a ceramic coat. I dropped the car off at Detailogy Glasgow (part of Lexus Glasgow). The car was in for 3 days and they did a really good job on it. My first time having a car coated so hopefully it will be easier to clean as winter approaches. 
Let me know what you all think, I will post some pictures below.

IMG_4840.JPG

• Like 4

Looks good, which coating did they apply?

I have had a couple of older white cars in the past, they never seem to look that good once cleaned, probably the new paint shows a lot better.

KVCV4936.jpeg

• Like 2

On 8/12/2023 at 2:28 PM, wendle said:

Looks good, which coating did they apply?

I have had a couple of older white cars in the past, they never seem to look that good once cleaned, probably the new paint shows a lot better.

KVCV4936.jpeg

Ill need to find out what the name of the actual product was called. Your red LC looks great

On 8/12/2023 at 1:52 PM, ThomasLexus94 said:

My first time having a car coated so hopefully it will be easier to clean as winter approaches. 

That should certainly be the case.  In fact you’ve made a wise investment that’ll pay off for years.  The result looks really good!

But did your Detailer advise you about aftercare?  You should avoid automatic car washes as the brushes can create dulling swirls.  And the hand washes that shift road grit from one car to another!

Ideally you should get yourself a snow foam pressure spray, wash mitts, microfibre drying towels and buckets for diy cleaning - not something I thought I’d be doing again!  

Or find a mobile car washer who’s used to ceramic finishes.

You should have some maintenance products that you apply after a wash that adds a final gloss to the ceramic coat.  They are also useful to spray on dried bird faeces to soften them before wiping them off

In fact, this could open up a whole new world of car-related activity for you. 

Yes, a ceramic finish is just the start.  

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

Oh. So my kitchen scourer and Fairy Liquid isn't good enough? I always rinse it out well before using it on the car. It's very effective on bird poo and it leaves that lovely matt paint finish that's so popular these days.

• Haha 6

30 minutes ago, eightk said:

Oh. So my kitchen scourer and Fairy Liquid isn't good enough? I always rinse it out well before using it on the car. It's very effective on bird poo and it leaves that lovely matt paint finish that's so popular these days.

I’ve probably posted this before, but back in the mists of time when I was a student, one of my housemates was bought a brand new Metro by his parents. He was a very intelligent guy - Maths Undergrad (of some sort!) at the time but having driven a couple of hundred miles in his new car there were dead insects all over the shiny new bonnet…

…which he cleaned off using a Brillo Pad! Yes, he really did…🤣

• Haha 2
  • Sad 1

Back on topic, I had my white RX ceramic coated with GTechniq when new in November 2021. I cleaned it at the weekend for the first time in six weeks - it’s just so easy and never seems to get that dirty.

As @LenTsays, just wash and maintain it properly and a quick spritz with any good quick detailer spray will have it looking new in no time at all.

I used Alien Magic ‘The Boss’ for the first time and jolly good it was too. Smells of cherries…😁

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
On 8/15/2023 at 8:25 AM, eightk said:

I find Brillo works with the scoured much better than fairy liquid 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links