Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Is the LS600h the pinnacle for Lexus?

Interesting site.
It shows that for the UK total numbers on the road were as follows:
LS400 (1989 to 1996) peaked at 5.3k and the LS400 Auto (1997-2000) peaked at 2.3k which gives a UK total of 7.6k across 11 years (1989-2000).
For the LS430 (2000-2006) that number was 2.4k.
For the LS460 (2007-2017) that number was 849.
For the LS600 (2007-2017) that number was 564.
For the LS500 (2017-2023) that number was 122.
Looks like a declining market to me. 😞
I can fully understand why there is no replacement for the LS500.

• Like 1

Well said Malc. Plus (though I've not looked into it as much, but do know that the more toys/green we become, there's always the trade off that our governments feel the developing countries should endure) the batteries/lithium mining has alot of ethical debate to answer for (excuse the grammar, but you know what I mean).

How the heck does scrapping so much engineering 'fix' the climate crisis. Thankfully I'm not Confucious so won't try to get my head round it all. Havignng said that, I do use the mountain/road bikes for shorter journeys or the cycle to work (sometimes 40 miles).

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Redefined said:

Well said Malc. Plus (though I've not looked into it as much, but do know that the more toys/green we become, there's always the trade off that our governments feel the developing countries should endure) the batteries/lithium mining has alot of ethical debate to answer for (excuse the grammar, but you know what I mean).

How the heck does scrapping so much engineering 'fix' the climate crisis. Thankfully I'm not Confucious so won't try to get my head round it all. Havignng said that, I do use the mountain/road bikes for shorter journeys or the cycle to work (sometimes 40 miles).

Please don't confuse ULEZ with Climate Crisis. The various ULEZs are ONLY to combat local pollution issues. ie. the quality of the air we breathe in cities.
Scrappage only makes sense in that specific context, and even then there is a cost involved, but that environmental cost is not in the ULEZ cities, so they don't care about it.

The Climate Crisis is a longer term issue that in my personal opinion will only be resolved by less people, although we can help it by producing/using less each, but good luck with that in our "greed is good" consumer society. To me it comes down to what kind of world do you want your kids to live in? Me, I chose many years ago not to have kids as it was obvious to me where we were heading way back in the late 70's.

As for the ethical issues associated with Lithium mining, in what way is that different from sweatshop labourers in clothing/shoe factories or other forms of exploitation of environment/labour. They are currently proposing a Lithium mine in Cornwall, but then in some ways Cornwall can be considered a pretty poor area once you take tourism away.

• Like 2

The mighty 600 is for sure the pinnacle of Lexus, the amazing V8 and hybrid technology alone qualify the 600 for this accolade.

I own the ultra rare 13-17 facelift LS. A truly amazing machine with outstanding build quality, extreme comfort and effortless pace, grace and presence.  Several steps ahead of my previous GS cars which were excellent in their own right.

just returned from a near 2,000 miles driving holiday and the 600 was sublime, pure class and eased my mammoth road trip, really the perfect all round companion in all road and weather conditions. The 600 drove the mountains of the beautiful Highlands as if they were a minor plain, just astonishing to experience this on the open road. Mind, please don’t mention city centre parking challenges! 

I may eventually move to the LS 500 (clearly standout interior) but I have not driven it and am unsure of going to a V6. Long live the 600.

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

After a number of Lexus, I've finally gone for the LS600h L RSR, I'd been looking at one for a while and we sold my wife's RX450h recently, so when the right one came along, I grabbed it. It's been maintained by Lexus, so hopefully, no scary issues, low miles and low owners help. I also currently own a Daimler Super Eight, so am looking forward to comparing them.

I know it's an absolute no, no to some, but I'll be attempting to discreetly lower the stance slightly, but other than that, will remain exceptionally standard.

• Like 2

I know it's an absolute no, no to some, but I'll be attempting to discreetly lower the stance slightly, but other than that, will remain exceptionally standard.

Someone on here will know better than me, but on my 460 the air suspension would automatically lower the car anyway by 20mm or so at speeds of about 60mph.  This was primarily to reduce drag and improve petrol consumption, but also marginally increases ride comfort.  Lexus did know pretty well what they were doing when they set up the suspension and geometry of this car.

Welcome to this website.

: o )

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tulpen said:

With the state of the roads in the UK, I would think that the last thing you would want to do is lower the suspension.

I know, I know, but compared to my Aston Martin on 20" wheels and rubber bands, this will be absolute luxury, even when lowered slightly. Saying that, I'm finding it hard to gather any sensible information on adjusting the OE air suspension at the moment.

10 hours ago, scythe said:

Someone on here will know better than me, but on my 460 the air suspension would automatically lower the car anyway by 20mm or so at speeds of about 60mph.  This was primarily to reduce drag and improve petrol consumption, but also marginally increases ride comfort.  Lexus did know pretty well what they were doing when they set up the suspension and geometry of this car.

Welcome to this website.

: o )

Yes, that will have to be taken in to consideration, and I'm not talking 'slammed' like some do, I'd like to think I can lose around 15 - 20mm, nothing more.

Enjoy your new LS600! I bought mine from Lexus Stoke and drove it for over three years before selling it on (and buying our current RX450h). Great cars. Was it the one listed on the Lexus preowned website that you bought? If so, I seriously considered buying that but was too slow!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, jpjsavage said:

Enjoy your new LS600! I bought mine from Lexus Stoke and drove it for over three years before selling it on (and buying our current RX450h). Great cars. Was it the one listed on the Lexus preowned website that you bought? If so, I seriously considered buying that but was too slow!

It wasn't, although it has always been looked after by Lexus, this was from a great garage in Liverpool; 2 owners and only 70,000 miles. We'd just sold my wife's second RX450h and we still fancied a Lexus in the family, so I parted with my classic W124 Mercedes convertible and grabbed this.

• Like 2

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links