Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

2023 UX Display

I took delivery of a new UX yesterday.  I am pleased that the trackpad for the infotainment has  gone and a touch screen display replaced it. I do get a screen that I have to accept or not the Toyota services and annoyingly it seems to appear whenever the car is started.  Is there anyway to turn that screen off and keep the services?

My touchscreen just shows a general Lexus introduction with a “Continue” option on every start up. I just ignore it and it disappears on its own after a few seconds. Never had a “services” or anything else show, I only reset it all yesterday as it still had some old settings/favourites from previous owner. Just had to select the language to get it going again, same Introduction screen as before.

If I accept the screen then it still appears next time I start the car.   I do get the usual screen with "Continue" but can easily touch the icon to shut it down.   If I follow the instructions on the blue screen then it still appears.  The screen looks like that shown below.  The QR code just takes me to a LEXUS site.    I also cannot get rid of the blue screen while driving. 

20230903_101320carscreenjpg.jpg

Nope never seen that screen, you would have thought so after resetting it or does it just show on a brand new car not for each owner? Have you tried just ignoring the “Continue” screen and just start it up like I do instead of selecting it to see what happens ?

Hi @MrB Does the "Registering a Driver" section, page 42, of the UX Multimedia manual help? This is one of the two manuals available for download using the Lexus Link app or owners section of the Lexus Website. The printed manual supplied with the car is only a short summary of the information contained in the 900+ pages of these two manuals!

• Like 1

I may have solved the issue.  I registered myself as the main driver (the system had been set to "Guest'' ) in the multimedia system and I guess that is why the screen was appearing.   It seems a bit of nonsense (although there must be some reason for it) to have to register as a guest .      However I will see what happens over next few days as this afternoon I had to reset from Guest to me.   

I am as yet not impressed by the Lexus Link+ app as it does seem to have many short comings.   

Well I received today a notification that my LEXUS LINK+ app services had been applied to another account!  Not happy with that and I await a reply from LEXUS (I am not holding my breath). I had to re-register as the owner and main driver as I was seen as a Guest. (I have never come across this before).    I am getting an impression that I must always have my smartphone with me.     

It seems a visit to the local supplier is in order to see if they can sort it out.

Fed up with seeing this screen (copied from another post) 20230903_101320carscreenjpg.jpg.795e54413dee0389fe47f7a2c89a6a60.jpg?utm_source=LexusOwnersClubUK&utm_medium=ForumLinks

This topic is beginning to concern me. My 2021 Takumi system is easy ish to operate and it shows the map while driving and requires no day to day input. 
i have a 2023 Takumi coming next month with the new touch screen. Can it be left showing the map, I have to have my phone on me every time I go out which for an older person is not as obvious as it seems for the younger generation.  I do not want to have to input or accept thing ever time I use the car.

44 minutes ago, Richard1200 said:

This topic is beginning to concern me. My 2021 Takumi system is easy ish to operate and it shows the map while driving and requires no day to day input. 
i have a 2023 Takumi coming next month with the new touch screen. Can it be left showing the map, I have to have my phone on me every time I go out which for an older person is not as obvious as it seems for the younger generation.  I do not want to have to input or accept thing ever time I use the car.

You should be fine, don't always have my phone with me, my touchscreen just shows an introduction screen on starting, you can either touch "Continue" or just ignore it and after a few seconds it goes to the satnav display. That's what they all should do, MrB seems to have a bit of a unique problem that no-one else has experienced.

On 9/8/2023 at 12:11 PM, Bezzer said:

You should be fine, don't always have my phone with me, my touchscreen just shows an introduction screen on starting, you can either touch "Continue" or just ignore it and after a few seconds it goes to the satnav display. That's what they all should do, MrB seems to have a bit of a unique problem that no-one else has experienced.

I agree, mine goes to the Lexus Sat Nav screen once its settled down. However I prefer the android Auto display which splits the screen for a map and my music. In this case I have to navigate to it everytime I switch on.

• 3 weeks later...

The local LEXUS dealer  told me the system was not set correctly and wiped and re-registered.  If I do not have my phone I still get the screen shown in a previous link and can accept or not.  If I accept it just goes away if I decline it just goes away  and there does not seem to be a service missing. Seems a bit odd to me.

Does LEXUS monitor this site -perhaps an answer from them would be good?

I still get the screen shown in the previous post if I do not carry my phone or (for some reason) Blue tooth is switched off.   But now a new issue.  I get the screens below. If I accept the first one the second screen pops up displaying my email address (I have blacked it out) and asking for the password. However the screen does not allow uppercase letters and as all my passwords have uppercase (inc Lexus) I cannot enter one. I have tried various combinations but to no avail,     Any ideas?

lexscr1.jpg

lexscr2.jpg

The Lexus Nav is not worth the effort to set -up as ACP is much better anyway.

Assume the latest UX does not require a Dongle to connect wirelessly as Global Data confirms ACP & the Android equivalent are the choice of most Customers.

Tel

1 hour ago, Tel said:

The Lexus Nav is not worth the effort to set -up as ACP is much better anyway.

Assume the latest UX does not require a Dongle to connect wirelessly as Global Data confirms ACP & the Android equivalent are the choice of most Customers.

Tel

I stand to be corrected but Wireless Android Auto is not and will not be built into any Toyota/Lexus sold in Europe. Toyota Customer Services informed me of this a few months ago.

My Dongle works flawlessly and I never use the in-built nav now.

4 hours ago, MrB said:

Thank you some good info here. However it does not solve the problem

Once your phone has been paired, it will always look for it.   If you don’t want to carry your phone, delete the account.  

• 4 months later...

I’m that fed up of it on 2023 ux I have cut a square of black card and blanked the lot off with blue tac , no after a few seconds or even minutes it remains , not what I want if nipping down the shops to have to go through a pre flight routine . Think I’m moving away from Lexus next time 

• Sad 2

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links