Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Lexus reliability once again top of the chart

1 hour ago, Scotlex said:

Sounds great 😀

Hope this continues now that I have bought one 😀

Brilliant..!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Like 1

Ditto! I'm happy to be looking to keep my Mk3 for another 4-5 years, or longer. It feels like they are at the sweet spot between clever levels of technology in terms of how the hybrid system works, but with a simple user interface (and no Canbus theft issues as a bonus).

• Like 1

On 9/18/2023 at 9:50 PM, Russell Wheeler said:

Mine's 17 years old, never any problems. Always starts and runs. Yes MOT time can get expensive with worn rubber components - but it is 100% dependable

17 years old is great. Probably the most "environmentally friendly" way to own a car.

I think some of the older cars were "built to last" and just run for ever 😀

• Like 2

Time will tell how durable the 4 cylinder engine and set up is in the latest iteration of the RX but I have my doubts as to whether it will match the less stressed V6.  Yes, the satnav is poor and the gear change lever is clunky in operation but I find it very comfortable and will be happy to keep mine for a few years.  The fact that it is so reliable confirms my choice.

I might take a look at EVs in a few years time when Lexus produce an equivalent with the solid state Battery but there are other aspects to consider as appropriate at the time.

Interestingly, it looks like the UK Government intend to extend ICE sales until 2035 but car makers will no doubt consider markets beyond the UK when deciding whether to do a face lift to existing models.

17 hours ago, Lydiamight said:

Not totally reliable----I had to replace the original 12 volt battery  in my Rx400h after fifteen years of use. 

The Panasonic 12 volt Battery on my 05 RX300 lasted over 14.5 years but must have been made and fitted at least a year easier in Japan. 

The tiny thing on my 450h is ready struggling after 4 years !

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links