Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hello all,

I have joined prior to my new NX450h premium Plus pack arriving in the UK, it is currently sailing through the Mediterranean Sea.

Thanks to all who have contributed regarding the security problems with Lexus vehicles, something I was unaware of when ordering my car, until finding this forum.

Does anyone know if the model MY2024 is able to be stolen by accessing the wiring through the wheel arch? Or if it will arrive with a security plate fitted?

I am contemplating possible additional security measures or the nuclear option of cancelling my order which is not what I want to do😬

24 minutes ago, Gazetta said:

Hello all,

I have joined prior to my new NX450h premium Plus pack arriving in the UK, it is currently sailing through the Mediterranean Sea.

Thanks to all who have contributed regarding the security problems with Lexus vehicles, something I was unaware of when ordering my car, until finding this forum.

Does anyone know if the model MY2024 is able to be stolen by accessing the wiring through the wheel arch? Or if it will arrive with a security plate fitted?

I am contemplating possible additional security measures or the nuclear option of cancelling my order which is not what I want to do😬

I wouldn’t worry Gary.  It isn’t a given your car will get stolen and they can find their way into all the German brands.  Just get gap insurance from ALA and enjoy your car.

8 hours ago, Gazetta said:

Hello all,

Gary, I spoke to my Dealer about this. Apparently thieves used to take out the wheel liner and plug an electric box into the wiring harness. The Dealer told me that the 2024 models have a plate mounted which stops this

Thanks Marc, I was hoping that mine would have some kind of protection from this type of theft.

Finding this forum has been a real education for me. I cannot thank everyone enough for the help and advice I have found on here.

I hope I will be able to add some useful information once I get to play with my car.

• Like 3

Hi @Gazetta. Welcome to the forum! I’ll be taking my own NX350h on a 240-odd mile trip in a few weeks - it's first distance trip, with the return leg the following day. I have a one-night stay in a hotel which unfortunately due to parking constraints, means it has to be left the best part of a half a mile away (it can’t be helped). I will be taking an old crook lock with me which I’ve had for 20-odd years. Getting on for half that time, it’s been sat in my garage unused. I doubt many modern thieves will be carrying around hacksaws these days...

My biggest concerns is the lack of locking wheel bolts on the alloys... 😕

On 9/17/2023 at 9:31 PM, Gary H said:

Hi @Gazetta. Welcome to the forum! I’ll be taking my own NX350h on a 240-odd mile trip in a few weeks - it's first distance trip, with the return leg the following day. I have a one-night stay in a hotel which unfortunately due to parking constraints, means it has to be left the best part of a half a mile away (it can’t be helped). I will be taking an old crook lock with me which I’ve had for 20-odd years. Getting on for half that time, it’s been sat in my garage unused. I doubt many modern thieves will be carrying around hacksaws these days...

Gary, they don't use hacksaws anymore. Instead they will drill the lock or use a power saw

Have a look at the Disklok which covers the whole steering wheel. It meets the Secure by Design Standard which as I understand it is a specification detailed by the police.

https://www.disklokuk.co.uk/

18 hours ago, MarcG said:

Gary, they don't use hacksaws anymore. Instead they will drill the lock or use a power saw

Have a look at the Disklok which covers the whole steering wheel. It meets the Secure by Design Standard which as I understand it is a specification detailed by the police.

https://www.disklokuk.co.uk/

https://www.westyorkshire.police.uk/sites/default/files/2022-02/steering_wheel_lock_a5_leaflet.pdf

On 9/17/2023 at 9:31 PM, Gary H said:

Get a Milenco Steering wheel lock or a Stoplock Pro from Halfords Both are really good.. Apart from that just enjoy your car and STOP worrying...just watch out for that great big Red Bus That might run you over when you go pick up your car..lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I did contact Lexus regarding security updates for the car and their reply was "we want to assure you that we take this matter very seriously, looking at other methods and measures to protect our cars from vehicle thefts, which have risen rapidly in the past few years across the whole industry, for a variety of reasons. These include software changes at vehicle production and we can also confirm that our newer models do have a different global architecture."

My car has just arrived in this country.😀. Ordered in April, so not as bad as some of the long waits reported on these forums.

Looks like I will be buying a Disklok steering wheel lock this weekend, Do I get the Silver one - to nearly match the Sonic Titanium of the car, or the more visible Black & Yellow - which goes with Mayor Andy Burnham's new bus fleet?🤔

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links