Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Newish Member Now an Owner

Boomer54

I am beginning to understand where this guy is coming from.

Lexus Lives: Chris Fixter, Lexus SC 430 champion - Lexus UK Magazine

I may ,or may not, have been a bit on the naughty side today going down to Southport and back. I have to say that throttle controller and the hood dropped is very infectious. I doubt LexiGirl is going to be my only SC 430.

Indeed, I had had no real plan to return to France, but an idea is beginning to take shape, because I think a run down through France to St Sebastian would be a motoring blast.

I am hooked !

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Boomer54 said:

I may ,or may not, have been a bit on the naughty side today going down to Southport and back. I have to say that throttle controller and the hood dropped is very infectious. I doubt LexiGirl is going to be my only SC 430.

Indeed, I had had no real plan to return to France, but an idea is beginning to take shape, because I think a run down through France to St Sebastian would be a motoring blast.

I am hooked !

Interestingly I have never met Chris Fixter but I do know he upset a few members of the SC community.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Glyn Jennings said:

Interestingly I have never met Chris Fixter but I do know he upset a few members of the SC community.

Oh, do you know what he did to cause such upset?

1 hour ago, Boomer54 said:

I am hooked !

Hoy (Northern speak), you know where I am coming from then Ken ?

3 hours ago, Boomer54 said:

Oh, do you know what he did to cause such upset?

I don’t because it was before I bought my SC. I’ve just seen some negative comments and as far as I am aware he does not seem to have any online presence now. My own experience is that 99% of everyone I have met with an SC have been a great bunch of people.

I came across that article when I was researching what the history of the SC430 and whatever came next which of course was nothing directly. Found it interesting that someone could like the car enough to want more than one.

16 hours ago, Glyn Jennings said:

I don’t because it was before I bought my SC. I’ve just seen some negative comments and as far as I am aware he does not seem to have any online presence now. My own experience is that 99% of everyone I have met with an SC have been a great bunch of people.

He organised and hosted the meet at his place at Sleaford. It was a good turn out and we had a good time but some (me included) felt there was a little too much... shall we say... 'self promotion' and a lack of humility involved. I had my suspicions upon arrival at the meet how the day might go. I think CF was disappointed not to win all of the award categories and he soon realised that although he owned 3 nice examples of the SC430 model, it didn't make him 'top dog.' 

When I arrived at the meet near Coventry the following year, everything was in proper order. I was greeted by Tom, Race Director for the Lexiguy SC430 Touring Team, a proper enthusiast. 👍

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

40 minutes ago, Neil E said:

He organised and hosted the meet at his place at Sleaford. It was a good turn out and we had a good time but some (me included) felt there was a little too much... shall we say... 'self promotion' and a lack of humility involved. I had my suspicions upon arrival at the meet how the day might go. I think CF was disappointed not to win all of the award categories and he soon realised that although he owned 3 nice examples of the SC430 model, it didn't make him 'top dog.' 

When I arrived at the meet near Coventry the following year, everything was in proper order. I was greeted by Tom, Race Director for the Lexiguy SC430 Touring Team, a proper enthusiast. 👍

I guess there's a fine line in having some pride of ownership and letting that be misplaced into somethingelse.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Boomer54 said:

I guess there's a fine line in having some pride of ownership and letting that be misplaced into somethingelse.

Not sure how many SC’s he owns now as I know he sold the low mileage blue one like mine to a new owner.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Boomer54 said:

Indeed yes it's easy to get carried away at times but this was something different. Yes Glyn his best car by far was the near perfect early one, blue, light interior, with very few miles, he sold that soon afterwards. I couldn't see any significant defects with it except the obvious black mats. I'm not sure that either of his other two could compare to @unclebob's SC or the 2009 car that was at the MR2 meet.

CF

Sleaford Meet

1 hour ago, Neil E said:

Indeed yes it's easy to get carried away at times but this was something different. Yes Glyn his best car by far was the near perfect early one, blue, light interior, with very few miles, he sold that soon afterwards. I couldn't see any significant defects with it except the obvious black mats. I'm not sure that either of his other two could compare to @unclebob's SC or the 2009 car that was at the MR2 meet.

CF

Sleaford Meet

I have to admit I bought new black mats for mine as cream is not very practical as they show all the marks.  I have however kept the original Ecru ones.

• Like 1

That makes perfect sense to preserve the original mats but at his own car show where it's being judged on interior, CF said he didn't like the original beige mats so I marked him down for that. 🤣

It was still the best car there.

7 hours ago, Neil E said:

You are too kind Neil, he is so happy to do his job as parking attendant in his SC430 baseball hat you gave him (he was truly stoked) and be part of such a friendly gathering.

1687041235624.thumb.jpg.1277ad6553730559061e6100186cd8b9.jpg

Can't wait for June 24 to see such a massive collection of SC's and meet friends old and new! 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Lexiguy said:

You are too kind Neil, he is so happy to do his job as parking attendant in his SC430 baseball hat you gave him (he was truly stoked) and be part of such a friendly gathering.

Can't wait for June 24 to see such a massive collection of SC's and meet friends old and new! 

We were expertly marshalled as I recall. Missed it this year as I was working up the road in Birmingham all weekend and 'making do' with the GS.  With a few new members, I wonder if there might be any interest in an Autumn meet? 

7 hours ago, Lexiguy said:

Great views up there, but pity about the chippings. Wish I had remembered to take a pic from up top of Beacon Fell last week. If you like that scenery get o'er top of Oxenhope/Haworth etc ( I sneak back in that way as no passport controls).

I see you like to get o'er tops.

8 hours ago, Boomer54 said:

I see you like to get o'er tops.

First time with the SC in a spupermarket carpark. I parked so far away from everyone I was barely in the same county. Head on a 360 degree swivelstick en route to the door doublechecking if any evildoers were remotely looking to park next to me. I have of course heard of parental anxiety ,but I never thought I would have it just by owning what is afterall a fairly old car. I am sure it will wear off in 10 years or so.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Malc1 said:

unlikely  .......  our concerns only increase with age !

Malc

Hmm, would you say Gray hair turning blonde falls into that category ,or should I just lead with hope that 'blondes do have more fun'?

43 minutes ago, Boomer54 said:

Hmm, would you say Gray hair turning blonde falls into that category ,or should I just lead with hope that 'blondes do have more fun'?

Funny you should say that.

My hair was always a red/mousey colour and I've spent hundreds, maybe thousands over the years having it highlighted/coloured, but stopped doing it maybe 12 years ago.

Within 6 months my natural colour showed itself and it's been like this ever since - but my eyebrows are still red :laughing:

hair.thumb.jpg.1a510e9e9ef84c60de7af35b0cc2f6f1.jpg

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Herbie said:

Funny you should say that.

My hair was always a red/mousey colour and I've spent hundreds, maybe thousands over the years having it highlighted/coloured, but stopped doing it maybe 12 years ago.

Within 6 months my natural colour showed itself and it's been like this ever since - but my eyebrows are still red :laughing:

hair.thumb.jpg.1a510e9e9ef84c60de7af35b0cc2f6f1.jpg

I feel an interesting project coming on ! At the next annual meet we will take my world famous patented hair guage and find out if all the other members when taken together can summon the amount of hair that you have ! I am green with envy as the sun bounces off the top of my head dazzling motorists for 5 miles around.

As the cover phot shows I was almost black up top for most of my life. Then one day past my 50th birthday I found out it's true. it's all downhill after 50. I was surprised it meant downhill all in one day ! The gray do over arrived virtually fully fitted and as been with me ever since. That is, until very recently. Literally couple of weeks ago I started turning blond. Googling it there is some data suggesting that Amgevita might do that and I started on this stuff earlier this year which seems to fit with the timeline. Actually I can take the joke of 'blonde' if it also makes it start to grow thicker. You probably don't have to slap factor 50 on your head to drop your hood in the summer. Oy, the indignity of it.

• Haha 1

Gosh.. You,ve Got A Fine head Of Hair Stephen at least in that photo.. However if you take Blood pressure tablets / Betablockers. You May find that it does affect hair growth In some form or Another .. Before Minoxodil People who were follicly challenged used to boil marrow bones and extract the marrow and use it as a conditioner for there hair..It did seem to work Temporarily.. but Minoxodil works much better..Alternatively hair follicle grafts are the answer but can be quite expensive..!!!

18 minutes ago, RONNIE W HODGEKINSON said:

Gosh.. You,ve Got A Fine head Of Hair Stephen at least in that photo.. However if you take Blood pressure tablets / Betablockers. You May find that it does affect hair growth In some form or Another .. Before Minoxodil People who were follicly challenged used to boil marrow bones and extract the marrow and use it as a conditioner for there hair..It did seem to work Temporarily.. but Minoxodil works much better..Alternatively hair follicle grafts are the answer but can be quite expensive..!!!

Yes, with me, I was doing fine, but then the Methotrexate got me ! Switching from that to Amgevita seems to have done something different. As it happens I really don't have any vanity to speak of so I don't really care that much although it probably helped that I dispensed with most mirrors in the house.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Boomer54 said:

I would sell my soul to be able to run that again.

Meanwhile I was looking for a boyfriend for lexigirl. I hate to disappoint her ,but I would need a cape to drive this.batman.thumb.jpg.c08899f4d46e814b93fecf70955b018a.jpg

• Haha 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links