Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Newish Member Now an Owner

Boomer54

Time for some good news on insurance. I took a policy with Hastings Direct on the XK in my wifes name and that came in at £270 when we finished the details. However, it offered a multi car policy option so I thought lets look at what that might be if I add the SC 430 when it comes up in September and that's the good news. On exactly the same details it knocked £400 off what I paid last year on that car. Took it and quite happy with that outcome. Indeed, that about covers the extra road tax next year on having that second car when of course I include the likely Sorn period in the winter.

The sun is also shining, must be fortuitous.

• Like 1

Lexigirl went over to Beverley.

Not a cobble in sight on the driveway. 🤨

Couple of pics of the Minster and the main Square.

Poignant plaque on the side of the Minster as to the fate of two soldiers in the 17th century.

Anyway, just some shots for people who may not have visited Beverley ,but might wish to do so.

Plaque.thumb.jpg.29dde0902b5288cb005cb9962f6ce495.jpg

Square.jpg

Minster.jpg

Cobbless.jpg

2 minutes ago, Mossypossy said:

Fellow motorhomer? I get the same mpg out of both the bus and the Lexus. Sorry, this could be boring.

IMG_20190531_063228.jpg

That’s one hell of a long wheel base motorhome😮

24 minutes ago, Boomer54 said:

Lexigirl went over to Beverley.

Not a cobble in sight on the driveway. 🤨

Couple of pics of the Minster and the main Square.

Poignant plaque on the side of the Minster as to the fate of two soldiers in the 17th century.

Anyway, just some shots for people who may not have visited Beverley ,but might wish to do so.

Plaque.thumb.jpg.29dde0902b5288cb005cb9962f6ce495.jpg

Square.jpg

Minster.jpg

Cobbless.jpg

You got a motorhome as well ?

37 minutes ago, Mossypossy said:

Fellow motorhomer? I get the same mpg out of both the bus and the Lexus. Sorry, this could be boring.

IMG_20190531_063228.jpg

Unfortunately not. That Motorhome belongs to my brother with whom we stayed just outside York.

Can say with high confidence level that after 6 months usage with motorway mileage the SC 430 gives 400 miles per tank (75 litres).

6 minutes ago, Mossypossy said:

I tow my lighthouse with it.

Makes sense you probably have a small boat inside that motorhome.

1 hour ago, Boomer54 said:

for people who may not have visited Beverley ,but might wish to do so.

Tis a lovely place to visit, did so last Xmas and sung carols in the minster with the choir.

And then visit Hull, different vibe, but interesting to wander around down by the old docks

• Like 1

Visited Beverley passing thru some years back ……. didn’t visit the Minster …… I shall do next time around 

Reading a while back that car parking, even entering York requires some sort of Special Permit these days 😰

Malc 

Some time ago I mentioned I would post a pic of the boot arrangement in my SC 430 that concealed the installation of the coil overs. So, pic down below. Only a couple of people have looked in the boot and each have assumed they are speakers to the audio system. Full disclosure Stew came up with this idea which I happen to think quite clever.

Also a pic of the colour edged mats if your originals are a bit past their sell by date like mine were. Here is what an alternative looks like if you fancy a change from 'stock'.

As an aside the tonneau is basically 'factory' condition. I have seen a couple now badly deteriorated I strongly suspect the culprit is damp/mildew. Not to be laughed at as if you don't know it that roof doesn't come off if your tonneau is stuffed.

boot.jpg

carpet.jpg

• Like 1

Gary you asked me about bubbling on the roof. This is the pic of mine I promised. It's basically so small I have no intent to do anything about it unless something changes.

bublle.jpg

The leather people cancelled me for the second time so I have cancelled them for all time. No idea why it is an issue getting the scheduled work done to my seats, but a second cancellation makes me wonder if they really  want to do it so that's a good enough reason to say farewell to them.

The seats look like this in front and rear. You can see the rear are basically as they came from the factory. The front have a finish applied at some later date which I would like to remove. I was also going to have the drivers seat pad remade to remove the signs of stretch and compression although it is damn comfortable and you wonder would it ever be that comfortable again?

The other pic just shows I can't stop looking at the car !

Rear seats.jpg

dash.jpg

dash2.jpg

Front.jpg

Stephen, I have also been thinking about getting the oxidation bubbles on the aluminium roof done (it seems like most SC430's eventually get them) with a roof respray.

However to do the job properly the rubber seals between each roof panel need to be removed and after 18 years some will have perished and perhaps will break or get damaged when removed?

I can't seem to find any information about replacement seals?

• 3 weeks later...

End of March in sight with warmer temps ahead (some time not too distant). This is when the SC 430 really shines when the roof comes off and you have just blue sky above you. My first real summer with this and I am beginning to get a bit excited.

Idiot remember this is the N West of England not the S West of France. No, still excited at the idea.

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Mossypossy said:

This time next week will be in France just opening a bottle....

Rat !:wheelchair:

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, Boomer54 said:

this is the N West of England not the S West of France. No, still excited at the idea.

Any sign of the yellow orb gets us Brits taking our warm layers off (be it roofs or jumpers). Used to drive around in the LS with sun roof open even when just above zero if the sun was out

10 days ago was in St Davids (Pembrokeshire), after lots of rain a bit if sun and a mere 10 celsius out comes the T-shirt and off for a 10 mile stomp.

So enjoy your SC430, I am a little envious

30 minutes ago, Cotswold Pete said:

Any sign of the yellow orb gets us Brits taking our warm layers off (be it roofs or jumpers). Used to drive around in the LS with sun roof open even when just above zero if the sun was out

10 days ago was in St Davids (Pembrokeshire), after lots of rain a bit if sun and a mere 10 celsius out comes the T-shirt and off for a 10 mile stomp.

So enjoy your SC430, I am a little envious

Sounds like me growing up in the Dales with the T shirt. Any time of year just the T shirt. I don't know if its more than just a theory of mine, but I always had the feeling that if you grew up acclimatised to cold you might just get sort of used to it a bit more than people who swaddled in layers against it. There again until 3 years ago i used to walk around in shorts in Winter (local legend apparently), but my hands used to go blue and numb. Was told that's the blood supply issue with not keeping your body temp up. Started wearing trousers like other  people on this planet and my hands stopped going blue so science apparently works.

• 2 weeks later...

Lexigirl just had her first major service today in conjunction with her first MOT under my ownership. Like a true blue she flew through.

It had been awhile so regardless of low usage she got new new fluids and filters and a thorough look over etc. Bless the garage it started a new service book for her. Indeed, if you are in that locale I can only thumb up for Castle Motors out in Clitheroe. I could of course go much nearer here in Preston for this work, but the garage was recommended to me by a forum member (you know who you are) and it really impresses me enough they can also have the XK to do this summer.

After each time I drive this car I reach the same conclusion. In car terms I have never got more for my money than I did  when buying this car ! I cannot say that without tipping my hat to Localhero the prior owner who probably took a decent example of this car and made it a bit more special. If you ever see me on here selling it you will know I have had some terminally bad news 😉

• Like 2

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links