Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Lexus Tops Reliability Survey

• 2 weeks later...

Audi has been going downhill for the last five/six years or so - and that is one of the main reasons I moved to Lexus in 2020. Until that that point, I'd had four Audis back-to-back. 

I think 2016/7 was a major turning point, in my opinion at least, when the current Q5 and A4 were originally launched - which started off a new 'design signature' for the whole range. I had one of the very last of the original model Q5's on a '66' plate and that really was a fabulous, solid thing. I was happy to have that over the new (now current) model. They'd already stopped taking orders for the old model when I got mine. The new one, much like the new A4 at that point, felt notably 'cheaper' inside with much more plastic. I also thought they didn't look quite as substantial and the doors didn't close with the same reassuring 'thump' the old models did. I vaguely recall the prices for the new models were quite a bit more expensive too. I really wasn't impressed with what was likely going to be on offer come renewal time, so I knew within a few months of getting my Q5 that it would almost certainly be my last Audi for the foreseeable... 

It doesn't surprise me that reliability is now suffering for Audi - given these early 'new' models are now comfortably out of warranty and some no doubt into second or even third owners. Even sitting in them in the showroom, they felt inferior to the models they'd replaced. I dread to think what they're like to sit in and drive once they're upwards of 70/80,000 miles...

Yes Audi and MB are horrible, Land Rover is firmly sticking to the bottom, but BMW/Mini are rather decent despite what people say about them. Sure - they are not Lexus, and I am really glad Lexus getting recognition it deserves, but still not falling apart when looking as some may suggest. 

4 hours ago, Linas.P said:

Yes Audi and MB are horrible

My 1982 Audi 200T was a wonderfully luxurious classic looking, quick and dangerous car. The build quality was second to none. I think they have gone downhill since. I should have kept it but 15mpg and insurance costs dictated otherwise.

1980 Audi 200 5T related infomation,specifications - WeiLi Automotive ...

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/16/2023 at 5:06 PM, Linas.P said:

Yes Audi and MB are horrible, Land Rover is firmly sticking to the bottom, but BMW/Mini are rather decent despite what people say about them. Sure - they are not Lexus, and I am really glad Lexus getting recognition it deserves, but still not falling apart when looking as some may suggest. 

Although it’s just one car, the wife’s 2018 Range Rover hasn’t had too many problems.  I secretly really like it, far softer and more comfortable than the RCF.  Certainly feels luxurious, amazing how much difference really good heated seats and steering wheel makes.  We would have another, such a shame the RX doesn't get my juices flowing as it would be first choice.

That being said, still worry it will break down on her and foot us with a big bill.  Don’t suffer the same issue with the Lexus, peace of mind is worth its weight in gold.  A major part of my job is centred around reliability strategy and the value of stability in ‘process’ can’t be under estimated!!

13 hours ago, Jgtcracer said:

Although it’s just one car, the wife’s 2018 Range Rover hasn’t had too many problems.  I secretly really like it, far softer and more comfortable than the RCF.  Certainly feels luxurious, amazing how much difference really good heated seats and steering wheel makes.  We would have another, such a shame the RX doesn't get my juices flowing as it would be first choice.

That being said, still worry it will break down on her and foot us with a big bill.  Don’t suffer the same issue with the Lexus, peace of mind is worth its weight in gold.  A major part of my job is centred around reliability strategy and the value of stability in ‘process’ can’t be under estimated!!

There is no denying they are lovely cars to sit in. The wait for an expensive repair to occur would drive me mad!

1 hour ago, Spacewagon52 said:

There is no denying they are lovely cars to sit in. The wait for an expensive repair to occur would drive me mad!

I’ve resigned myself to the fact that it will happen so it’s less of a deal once it does!  Surprisingly I’ve had to spend £200 on a tyre for it this week and I’ve just been looking at the rear view camera as it seems to have packed in!!

The joys of Range Rover ownership! 

• Haha 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links