Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

GS 300 H, I can't open the trunk

Hello

I have a GS 300 H from 2016, I can't open the trunk, only with the mechanic with the key, the electrical part doesn't work either from the remote control or from the button in the car, if anyone has encountered this problem before and can give me some advice,

thank you

Have the OBD codes read then come back and tell us what they are (if any have been flagged up).

These codes are starting points for further in-depth diagnostics and can help to point us in the right direction, otherwise all we can do is guess.

• Like 1

It may be a blown fuse.

My manual is a bit vague on where they are located but it looks as though there is a Junction Box in the boot (we are in UK - trunks are in US!), in the general area of the Battery. It has about 16 fuses in it, including ones which feed the boot opening functions. There may be more than one fuse.

You may need to track down why the fuse has blown (if it has). May be a short - eg a trapped wire somewhere.

Sorry I can't be more precise!

• Like 1

Have you accidentally pressed the 'Luggage security' button in the glove box. If this system is activated it does exactly what you describe. It's easily done and many on here have done it in the past (including me). It's on page 179 in the manual.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Chris111 said:

Ați apăsat din greșeală butonul „Securitate bagaje” din torpedo. Dacă acest sistem este activat, face exact ceea ce descrieți. Se face ușor și mulți de aici au făcut-o în trecut (inclusiv eu). Este la pagina 179 din manual.

YES, that's it, I pressed the glove box button by mistake, I learned something, thank you very much for the information,

• 4 months later...

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links