Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Lexus ux250h F sport few questions

Hi all. 

I'm hoping to pick someones brain on a few queries I have about the F sport.

Majority I have seen up for sale are F sport premium plus pack. What is the difference between them and the F sport takumi pack?

How can you tell if a car has AVS?

Do the tyres make a difference to comfort? If so, which tyres are the best for comfort?

Do all UX25H's have android auto? If not, which year do they start from?

We want something quite and comfortable. We like the look at the F sport and it fits our budget but are not sure how comfortable they are.

I appreciate all the replies. 

I am sure someone more knowledgeable than me will be along soon but I can say there is no such thing as F Sport Takumi pack. The Takumi is top of the range with everything and a stand alone model. 
As for tyres try searching for the tyres thread, everyone has their opinions on that subject.  
AVS is Sport models only??

• Like 1

You CAN have an F Sport with a Takumi pack, plenty out there. 
Takumi is top level of toys, exactly what it is over Premium Plus don’t know off the top of my head. All F Sports have AVS, tyres are a minefield as said, all have Android Auto.

F Sport Design is a cut down version, no AVS which is no great loss, they handle fine without it.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Bezzer said:

All F Sports have AVS

Not all, depending on age. AVS was an option in the early years, now standard.

10 hours ago, JDF said:

Do the tyres make a difference to comfort? If so, which tyres are the best for comfort?

Yes. The 18" with runflat tyres are poor for noise and comfort. If comfort is important to you then 17" wheel models may be more suited to you. You will need to test drive them as comfort is subjective.

Even if the 18" wheels are ok for you, test an F Sport - it has firmer sports suspension compared to the other models. AVS won't make it as comfortable as non F Sport models.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ColinBarber said:

Not all, depending on age. AVS was an option in the early years, now standard.

Yes. The 18" with runflat tyres are poor for noise and comfort. If comfort is important to you then 17" wheel models may be more suited to you. You will need to test drive them as comfort is subjective.

Even if the 18" wheels are ok for you, test an F Sport - it has firmer sports suspension compared to the other models. AVS won't make it as comfortable as non F Sport models.

Appreciate all the help 🙂

If AVS was an optional extra on the earlier cars, how can u tell if a car has it? 

1 hour ago, JDF said:

If AVS was an optional extra on the earlier cars, how can u tell if a car has it? 

It comes with the Tech & Safety pack or the Takumi pack so look for Head Up Display or wireless phone charger which was included in both those packs but not others.

If it has AVS then the mode selector has Sport / Sport + mode rather than just Sport.

image.thumb.png.182c734eb58b3e0b02956cdac3a963e4.png

• Like 1

THANK YOU ALL FOR YOUR HELP:)

1 final question: are cars that are built during covid (2020-2022) have the same good build quality as the cars made before and after? 

7 hours ago, JDF said:

THANK YOU ALL FOR YOUR HELP:)

1 final question: are cars that are built during covid (2020-2022) have the same good build quality as the cars made before and after? 

Yes.

• Like 1

On the subject of Option Packs, Lexus are being a bit disingenuous - or they think their customers can't count.

Every pack lists 750kg towing as an extra - nope, without an option pack it still has that capability. It's not as if they are fitting a towbar - now that would count as an extra.

The premium Plus Pack lists 22 extras, so one off for the towing ability makes 21. But wait, 4 of the extras are trim variations so unless we are all getting four sets of trim (seats etc) that would remove another three. So that pack is really only 18.

And every other pack loses one - the towing capability.

Must have been a YTS chum who listed them 😂

• Like 1

On 10/8/2023 at 12:59 PM, ColinBarber said:

It comes with the Tech & Safety pack or the Takumi pack so look for Head Up Display or wireless phone charger which was included in both those packs but not others.

If it has AVS then the mode selector has Sport / Sport + mode rather than just Sport.

image.thumb.png.182c734eb58b3e0b02956cdac3a963e4.png

Based on this, some takumis dont have avs. 

Is that an issue when it comes to comfort?

1 hour ago, JDF said:

Based on this, some takumis dont have avs. 

Takumi grade doesn't have AVS. F Sport with Takumi pack does (AVS is only available on some F Sport models on the UX).

1 hour ago, JDF said:

Is that an issue when it comes to comfort?

In theory AVS could improve comfort somewhat but in practice it's there to improve performance by stiffening up the suspension around corners etc. It takes the suspension from stiff to very stiff when put into Sport + mode.

To put it another way, don't get AVS to improve F Sport comfort, just don't get an F Sport if it isn't comfortable enough.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, ColinBarber said:

What are you referring to?

I thought it was obvious from my post.

e.g. the premium plus pack states that you get 22 extras - but that includes 750kg towing capability - sorry, that is standard without any option packs.

It also lists 4 interior trims - now forgive me but you only get one. So 18 extras not 22. I can still count even at my advanced age (or rather because of it).

20 hours ago, LMM said:

I thought it was obvious from my post.

e.g. the premium plus pack states that you get 22 extras - but that includes 750kg towing capability - sorry, that is standard without any option packs.

It also lists 4 interior trims - now forgive me but you only get one. So 18 extras not 22. I can still count even at my advanced age (or rather because of it).

No it's not obvious. Where are you getting this list of 22 extras from?

1 hour ago, ColinBarber said:

No it's not obvious. Where are you getting this list of 22 extras from?

It is pretty clear, when you build a UX on the Lexus site and it offers the different upgrades  it says Premium Plus has 22 extras……not really as 4 of them are the different trims of which you can only have one and it lists the 750kg towing limit as one as well, thought they all have that limit?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Bezzer said:

It is pretty clear, when you build a UX on the Lexus site and it offers the different upgrades  it says Premium Plus has 22 extras……not really as 4 of them are the different trims of which you can only have one and it lists the 750kg towing limit as one as well, thought they all have that limit?

Ah ok the website. I'd recommend looking at the brochure as that is clearer, and whilst both have been a source of mistakes in the past it is normally more accurate than the website.

Having looked at the site, it just seems to be the way the website has grouped and displayed the differences - the total of 22 is probably automatically calculated rather than it being some conscious decision to try and deceive by placing all of the trim options within.

Regarding the towing capacity, the website is correct. The base UX does not have any towing capacity, only with an options pack do you get the 750 kg capacity. There might not be any physical differences, or maybe it is missing the wiring harness, but either way the VIN plate on a base model will be stamped with a towing capacity of 0 kg and it would be illegal to tow anything on a public road.

• Thanks 1

On 10/11/2023 at 8:23 PM, ColinBarber said:

Ah ok the website. I'd recommend looking at the brochure as that is clearer, and whilst both have been a source of mistakes in the past it is normally more accurate than the website.

Having looked at the site, it just seems to be the way the website has grouped and displayed the differences - the total of 22 is probably automatically calculated rather than it being some conscious decision to try and deceive by placing all of the trim options within.

Regarding the towing capacity, the website is correct. The base UX does not have any towing capacity, only with an options pack do you get the 750 kg capacity. There might not be any physical differences, or maybe it is missing the wiring harness, but either way the VIN plate on a base model will be stamped with a towing capacity of 0 kg and it would be illegal to tow anything on a public road.

Is it not illegal to disbar Independents from fitting towing equipment as much as they cannot disallow servicing by Independents?

30 minutes ago, LMM said:

Is it not illegal to disbar Independents from fitting towing equipment as much as they cannot disallow servicing by Independents?

Also the brochure download lists the towing capacity as 750kg - no mention of requiring an Option Pack.

50 minutes ago, LMM said:

Correct but that isn’t the issue.

It’s illegal to use a vehicle for towing if it isn’t type approved to do so. The base model has a 0 kg towing capacity so towing anything would exceed the maximum towing capacity. 

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, ColinBarber said:

Correct but that isn’t the issue.

It’s illegal to use a vehicle for towing if it isn’t type approved to do so. The base model has a 0 kg towing capacity so towing anything would exceed the maximum towing capacity. 

Doesn't say so in the brochure download - it states 750kg. You did mention the brochure.

11 minutes ago, LMM said:

Doesn't say so in the brochure download - it states 750kg. You did mention the brochure.

Both unfortunately are often a source of inaccurate information or omissions.

The media resources mention it, and this 0 kg base spec seems to be matched in other countries too.

image.thumb.png.0bed1958f6099c1449520bb483ba9db6.png

image.thumb.png.28c02e9b1f3596d33a493a2cc45d6905.png

https://media.lexus.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/sites/3/pdf/230731M-UX-250h-Press-Pack.pdf

Hi @JDF. I had a 2020 UX F-Sport which had both the Premium Plus Pack and the Tech & Safety Pack. Both of which I now believe are no longer available. When I was getting an appraisal on mine, the salesman did say that mine was quite unusual having both those packs as it makes it very well specced for an F-Sport. After I told him it was the showroom model at my next nearest dealer, he then understood given the showroom cars are normally specced up! 

In layman's terms - it basically took my F-Sport up to 'almost' Takumi spec and at the time, a fraction under £40k to keep it below that high VED threshold. It just lacked the sunroof, memory seats (although they were still electric) and the fancy stereo. It had plenty of other toys though. 

I believe these two packs, in effect, were replaced with the Takumi Pack to simplify things (rather than having a pack for 'this' and a pack for 'that') but no doubt there will be minor differences in spec e.t.c... 

With regards to tyres, mine remained on it's factory Bridgestones throughout the three and a half years I had it and I honestly thought it was fine. It had a habit of being a bit 'skittish' around corners if they were notably bumpy but otherwise perfectly acceptable. 

If AVS is referring to that little knob pictured by @ColinBarber above, then yes, my F-Sport had that. I have to admit, for most of it's life with me, I just left it in eco! 

• Like 1

On 10/17/2023 at 3:37 PM, Gary H said:

Hi @JDF. I had a 2020 UX F-Sport which had both the Premium Plus Pack and the Tech & Safety Pack. Both of which I now believe are no longer available. When I was getting an appraisal on mine, the salesman did say that mine was quite unusual having both those packs as it makes it very well specced for an F-Sport. After I told him it was the showroom model at my next nearest dealer, he then understood given the showroom cars are normally specced up! 

In layman's terms - it basically took my F-Sport up to 'almost' Takumi spec and at the time, a fraction under £40k to keep it below that high VED threshold. It just lacked the sunroof, memory seats (although they were still electric) and the fancy stereo. It had plenty of other toys though. 

I believe these two packs, in effect, were replaced with the Takumi Pack to simplify things (rather than having a pack for 'this' and a pack for 'that') but no doubt there will be minor differences in spec e.t.c... 

With regards to tyres, mine remained on it's factory Bridgestones throughout the three and a half years I had it and I honestly thought it was fine. It had a habit of being a bit 'skittish' around corners if they were notably bumpy but otherwise perfectly acceptable. 

If AVS is referring to that little knob pictured by @ColinBarber above, then yes, my F-Sport had that. I have to admit, for most of it's life with me, I just left it in eco! 

Thank you Gary for answering my question. 

I came across a late 2020 F sport in blue for sale. Test drive booked for Friday.

Do UX's that are made during covid (2020-2022) have the same strong build quality as the pre covid cars? 

5 minutes ago, JDF said:

Do UX's that are made during covid (2020-2022) have the same strong build quality as the pre covid cars? 

Same factory and same build procedures. No reports here of issues related to UXs built in those specific years.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links