Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

LS600hl RSR

Craig M

Hello all, thanks for having me in the forum. Im seriously considering pressing the button on buying a 2009 LS609hl with the RSR option and doing my due diligence before buying.

Was just wondering if the car is already known in the forum from its previous owner? The reg is A17 DPX and its for sale with a used car dealer near Cambridge. MOT history looks clean and service history is all lexus main dealer with last service earlier this year, but the MOT ran out earlier this week so the cynic in me is thinking the car was moved on by its last owner as the lexus service flagged up pending large bills. Otherwise the car looks really clean and i may need to do the 3.5 hour trip to go see it in the flesh - exciting!

many thanks

Welcome to this forum 

not many Ls600 owners around and a fair few cars for sale it seems 

I would think about a fresh independent MOT at a “ local “ Govt Test Centre if possible ….. at the expense of the vendor and see what happens from then …….. a wonderful car capable of monster brilliant miles BUT you may need deep pockets ongoing, it’s a car !  …… it’s a super dooper v. expensive car when new 

Get the  best warranty available even tho the garage selling it has quite some legal warranty obligations anyway 

Are you buying from a non-Lexus dealer ? 

Good luck. Keep us posted 

Malc 

Please forgive me for this bit of googling, but I presume that this is the car:

https://www.autotrader.co.uk/car-details/202309202188276?sort=distance&advertising-location=at_cars&include-delivery-option=on&make=Lexus&model=LS 600h&postcode=CB1 5NU&radius=1500&fromsra

It looks fabulous to me! 

They can't sell it to you without an MOT, so just ring them up and check that they'll do that for you.  I'd not expect it to fail!

The MOT history looks good, as does the steady increase in mileage year on year.   You can also ring the Lexus dealers to check on the servicing record, if you're worried - they'll tell you if it's genuine.

I think you should get straight on that train!

: o )

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Malc1 said:

Welcome to this forum 

not many Ls600 owners around and a fair few cars for sale it seems 

I would think about a fresh independent MOT at a “ local “ Govt Test Centre if possible ….. at the expense of the vendor and see what happens from then …….. a wonderful car capable of monster brilliant miles BUT you may need deep pockets ongoing, it’s a car !  …… it’s a super dooper v. expensive car when new 

Get the  best warranty available even tho the garage selling it has quite some legal warranty obligations anyway 

Are you buying from a non-Lexus dealer ? 

Good luck. Keep us posted 

Malc 

Thanks - yes its a non lexus dealer, Scythe has found the exact car with the link in his response. Would a used car warranty cover the suspension arms (id expect not considering moving parts) and hybrid batteries?

It’s a 14 year young car and the warranty might well not cover all you would wish …… just ask the garage and their proposed warranty provider maybe ! ……. and if they might offer some sort of leeway in any of this ……. Might be reflected in your negotiations on pricing of course …….

Good luck 

Malc 

The ad states a 12 month MOT so it sounds like they'll get one done.

RSR system. 2 former private owners. I personally can't see a private person having that car. I think the owners were business types with chauffeurs. Therefore a proper well cared for car. 

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links