Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

How many SC430 in UK?

ReflexSonic

Since i purchased my SC430 in early August i havent seen another on the roads despite often doing 2000 miles per week up and down the country. I saw one  early in the summer parked up with the roof down and that along with seeing the one at the start of the Terminator movie again was enough for us to seek out and purchase.

What would be the best estimate of SC430's still on UK roads?

3 minutes ago, ReflexSonic said:

Since i purchased my SC430 in early August i havent seen another on the roads despite often doing 2000 miles per week up and down the country. I saw one  early in the summer parked up with the roof down and that along with seeing the one at the start of the Terminator movie again was enough for us to seek out and purchase.

They sold approx 2100 -2200 of the SC 430 in the UK. My take on the current situation is that by virtue of their quality the vast majority are still on the roads. Still , not a lot so obviously you won't see many about when driving. You have had yours not much longer than me and like you I have not seen one yet.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ReflexSonic said:

The answer is 1825 cars - see : https://www.google.com/search?q=How+many+lexus+SC430+in+UK%3F&oq=How+many+lexus+SC430+in+UK%3F&aqs=chrome..69i57j0i546l5j69i60j69i61.4221j0j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Peter1208 said:

1 minute ago, Peter1208 said:

I have been to many car events this year - some with well over 600 cars - never seen another SC430 at any event yet. 

1 hour ago, Peter1208 said:

Could I have a picture of each one for comparative purposes. Will only frame and hang the top 100.

1 hour ago, LenT said:

According to this website, the answer is 1071 still on the road as of the start of this year.

https://www.howmanyleft.co.uk/vehicle/lexus_sc430_auto

That may be undershooting the number . This link appears to state 2303 were sold ,and assume registered.

how many lexus sc 430 were sold in uk - Search (bing.com)

In that case the 1500 shown on the chart is a bit short and the net figure likewise would likely be short.

Actually if you combine the links it makes sense. 2303 actually sold about 500 no longer on the road shown on the chart brings us back approx to the 1800 currently on the road.

Just for clarity there are just 23 SC 430 for sale on Autoraider as one is listed twice (who knows why).

So, I was making a pick up at Sainsburys which rates high on my threat threshold for bad parking issues so I look for a space no one wants. I could tell I had found it ,because it looked like the opening scene from Raiders of the Lost Ark, all cobwebs and broken dinosaur eggshells. Walking away looking back over my shoulder I thought that's a s..y car , but what could I have bought that might have been even more s..y?  What about a DB ,surely a contender, but then I thought yes, but only in a Jeremy from Gloucester kind of way and who wants that ! Uug. And it came to me the SC 430 is s..y in that effortless French Chic way. That Jane Birkin ,or Alain Delon with wheels kind of chic that is so rare. In a flash I understood the magnetic attraction, that car deserved me !!  😃

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Malc1 said:

Is that figure regd on the road plus Sorn ? 

Malc 

Malc, it appears to be the number with a current MOT, so not necessarily inclusive of all SORN.

Likely then nigh on 100% of all uk sales are surviving with just a few written-off and vanishing forever ……. Testament to this amazing car 

Malc 

• Like 1

On 10/18/2023 at 10:47 AM, ReflexSonic said:

I can certainly see there will be many more Porsche on the road. Their extras are amazing

https://www.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=pfbid02SJNGLx9prW56dw7VfmADB4TGy6s2ra65bThXubn29XbxZTnMZXicEfWKWowB6Ewzl&id=100064778650413&post_id=100064778650413_pfbid02SJNGLx9prW56dw7VfmADB4TGy6s2ra65bThXubn29XbxZTnMZXicEfWKWowB6Ewzl

23 hours ago, Boomer54 said:
23 hours ago, Spock66 said:

A very low attrition rate for a vehicle of this age.

Valid point and surely speaks well to the build quality.

But also a factor is many will have been purchased as weekend cars with low mileage rather than a family workhorse.

• Like 1

On 10/18/2023 at 2:50 PM, Boomer54 said:

So, I was making a pick up at Sainsburys which rates high on my threat threshold for bad parking issues so I look for a space no one wants. I could tell I had found it ,because it looked like the opening scene from Raiders of the Lost Ark, all cobwebs and broken dinosaur eggshells. 

It is really annoying how despite parking far away from the door of a supermarket, and there being many, many empty parking spaces, when you come out someone has felt the need to park next to it! 🤬 

• Like 2

On 10/18/2023 at 4:45 PM, Malc1 said:

Likely then nigh on 100% of all uk sales are surviving with just a few written-off and vanishing forever ……. Testament to this amazing car 

Malc 

Everytime !!.. Moreover they park close to your drivers door !!! On my planet we never let this happen, oh where is the monthership when I need her 😃

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links