Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Wiper Blades

Like to change my wiper blades every 12 months or so, can anybody recommend a certain make or type ?

One point I have never checked, when you wash/wipe the rear screen does it also jet wash the rear camera lens also?

Thank you.

4 hours ago, Mobeam said:

when you wash/wipe the rear screen does it also jet wash the rear camera lens also?

No. Yes (for the NX series II), no (for the NX series I).

Like to change my wiper blades every 12 months or so, can anybody recommend a certain make or type ?

Toyota/Lexus use Denso as the OEM for the wiper blades, normally a good starting point for replacements if you didn't have a problem with the original ones.

Edited by ColinBarber
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Mobeam said:

when you wash/wipe the rear screen does it also jet wash the rear camera lens also?

Yes it does - easiest way to check is to put car in reverse with foot on brake (it's crazy I feel I should say this!!) Camera comes on, then wash windscreen, you should see a jet hit the camera lens.

• Like 3

17 hours ago, ColinBarber said:

No. Yes (for the NX series II), no (for the NX series I).

Really?
Looking at a boot lid picture the NX-2 camera is above the numberplate to the left slightly next to the concealed handle, similar to the NX-1.

So, does the rear wiper actively clean the camera, or is it a case of the runoff dribbling down the back of the car? 
If the former that's clever as on my NX-1 the camera does become unusable in certain weather conditions.

8 minutes ago, Al D-Much said:

Really?
Looking at a boot lid picture the NX-2 camera is above the numberplate to the left slightly next to the concealed handle, similar to the NX-1.

So, does the rear wiper actively clean the camera, or is it a case of the runoff dribbling down the back of the car? 
If the former that's clever as on my NX-1 the camera does become unusable in certain weather conditions.

Straight from the horse's mouth (or the user manual at least):-

rear_washer.thumb.jpg.0c5891d241b3fc8523c460aea369c907.jpg

To be honest I'm not sure how it does it (have never checked and looked) but I'm hopeful that it is more scientific than just allowing run-off to flow over the lens.

• Like 1

For the 3 Lexus cars I have had I always bought the rubber bit of the wipers from Lexus: they last well and clean well. Bosch ones were much better on a Porsche than the Porsche version but I wouldn't use them on the Lexus.  

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Andy B said:

Straight from the horse's mouth (or the user manual at least):-

rear_washer.thumb.jpg.0c5891d241b3fc8523c460aea369c907.jpg

To be honest I'm not sure how it does it (have never checked and looked) but I'm hopeful that it is more scientific than just allowing run-off to flow over the lens.

That is clever

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links