Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

UX boot space

On 11/5/2023 at 5:27 PM, Lancashirelad1985 said:

Hi Everyone.

I’m looking at a UX as my next car. Beautiful car but my concern is the boot. My car is currently a polo gti and we want a car that’s more comfortable, bigger in the back, more economical, etc. 

The UX has all of these but the boot is the same size as my polo. As someone that golfs, has anyone here managed to get on ok with the boot?

If this can help you i attach a picture with all the boot measures (which are in centimeters):

UX_Boot_Measurements.png

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks to everyone on the forum, you’ve been so helpful and this has been the nicest forum I’ve been on ever.

Unfortunately I can’t say the same of lexus Preston. The car I looked at was the same list price as a new Mazda cx30 and less than the new Volvo and lexus offered me £2000 less for my car than the other two then tried to insinuate the other two were being dodgy when they were £100 a month away from the others.

So I went with the Mazda at the end of the day as I can’t justify £100 a month more for something the same price.

• Sad 1

17 hours ago, Lancashirelad1985 said:

Thanks to everyone on the forum, you’ve been so helpful and this has been the nicest forum I’ve been on ever.

Unfortunately I can’t say the same of lexus Preston. The car I looked at was the same list price as a new Mazda cx30 and less than the new Volvo and lexus offered me £2000 less for my car than the other two then tried to insinuate the other two were being dodgy when they were £100 a month away from the others.

So I went with the Mazda at the end of the day as I can’t justify £100 a month more for something the same price.

It’s a good car.  I run the Facebook group for them so have a look, it can be quite helpful.  

On 11/18/2023 at 5:18 PM, Lancashirelad1985 said:

I personally believe that Lexus sales staff have a a slightly exaggerated view of their own importance - to a degree. I'm willing to bet that you get a follow up asking what they need to do to secure a deal (when it's too late). Same happened to me twice. I try to make it clear that whilst I understand that they need to make a profit we all have budgets and I make my best (and fair) counter-offer. If it's declined I don't hang around or try to batter them with further comms. That's what best and final offer means.

Hi @Lancashirelad1985. I'm sorry to hear about your experiences with Lexus in Preston. Especially when you were looking forward to seeing what the UX had to offer. As someone who had a 2020 UX F-Sport until recent months, it's something I would happily recommend. Obviously you have to go to whoever suits you the best. I had a particularly bad experience with my own local dealer with my NX, which barring servicing (which they are okay), I'll never return to. They weren't particularly good negotiators and it was very much a case of it's 'their way or the highway'. 

For the size of the car, I found the UX very refined and certainly up front, comfortable on distance trips. My only real issue with it was indeed - the boot space. For me on my own? Fine. Two people? A bit 'snug' but still 'doable'. Any more than that, or weekends away? I ended up utilising a portion of the back seat as well. It was the car's ultimate downfall with me. I knew it would be a little on the tight side in that respect when I bought the car but I took a gamble. In the end, it proved to be just a little bit too small for my needs. A shame really, because I really liked the interior and in that respect, it was plenty enough in terms of size for me. 

I wish you all the best with the Mazda. I did consider the larger CX-60 if everything went wrong with my NX.

I went to my daughter in Hull today and if you saw the clobber I took.  I dropped the seats going and partially coming back but I had the car ramps in for changing the oil on her Auris and numerous tools for doing various jobs she wanted doing.  Everything was individually wrapped in old sheets to protect the interior.  I’ll tell you what just changing the subject.  That car is planted on the road when other cars were being buffeted by strong winds.  

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Don C said:

I’ll tell you what just changing the subject.  That car is planted on the road when other cars were being buffeted by strong winds.  

Am getting my UX Sunday-week, and am loving the positive comments about the interior and driving experience.

Regarding boot space, I have watched (a more than is healthy) number of reviews on YouTube of the UX, and without exception they all say three things: Engine is OK, but not overly quick, leg room in the back is a bit poor, and boot space is also a bit limited. So, I know what I'm getting into. While the UX has a smaller boot than the XE, it's taller, so I am hoping that it can accommodate more in certain circumstances. With the seats down, certainly so. I'll also make use of all the little cubby holes under the floor and to the left/right, so hopefully I can make full use of the boot space, even with the floor lowered.

3 hours ago, Martin Bailey said:

Am getting my UX Sunday-week, and am loving the positive comments about the interior and driving experience.

Regarding boot space, I have watched (a more than is healthy) number of reviews on YouTube of the UX, and without exception they all say three things: Engine is OK, but not overly quick, leg room in the back is a bit poor, and boot space is also a bit limited. So, I know what I'm getting into. While the UX has a smaller boot than the XE, it's taller, so I am hoping that it can accommodate more in certain circumstances. With the seats down, certainly so. I'll also make use of all the little cubby holes under the floor and to the left/right, so hopefully I can make full use of the boot space, even with the floor lowered.

It depends what you need Martin.  For me and Mrs C it’s perfectly adequate and with smaller kids as good as any Focus sized car.  The other things that make it better than most other cars are;  Thicker paint with a self healing outer layer (DON’T be tempted to polish it - only wax should be used, nothing abrasive).  Thicker metal with a level of fit and finish that is off the chart (good explanation attached if you haven’t  seen it), thicker sound deadening and spay suppressing undersea, The motors in the seats and mirrors are whisper quiet, The sound deadening gives an almost dull return from bumps and wind noise, near silent window motors that slow down at each end of the travel, sound absorbing screen and side windows, water repelling side windows and matters, the right side mirror is photochromic and the left is tinted, the Nanoe-x system is excellent (best left in auto), the comfiest steering wheel on the market in my opinion.  Regarding the engine, well it is a bit buzzy but it annoys me when somebody whop thinks they know about cars does a YT vid.  It’s the way it works and if you ask a lot it will rev to produce engine power and to generate electrical power.  They also say it isn’t fast but it’s as fast as I would want to drive.  No, it won’t launch in 6 seconds but it will pull like a train right up to legal limits so just bear with it while it runs in then see whether it is slow.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Don C said:

spay suppressing undersea, 

Take it should be "spray" and "underseal" 😊

I agree with everything you've put apart from the above if it's that "carpet" type stuff inside the rear wheel arches. Ours keeps getting clogged with leaves and bits of everything else, you can't get it clean unless you use a pressure washer on it which I don't want to have to get out every time the car gets washed, I can see it being a nightmare when we get some snow and that packs in it. 
P.S. I'm just complaining on behalf of SWMBO who does the car cleaning, I'm fed up of hearing her moan about it. 😉

• Haha 1

30 minutes ago, Don C said:

Thicker metal with a level of fit and finish that is off the chart (good explanation attached if you haven’t  seen it)

Yep, I had seen that video, and found the thicker level of paint and even the gap between the bonnet and the wing interesting. (Yes, I am a nerd, but certainly no car expert). Will report my thoughts in a new thread once 'the beast' arrives, most probably with a few vanity picks (of the car - not me).

I am sure the space will be fine for the most part - it's only if there are four of us going away for any length of time. Worst case scenario - a case on the middle rear seat... But I think the XE's low height and the ability to remove the parcel shelf in the UX may work in its favour. We shall see!

I'm not too concerned about the speed either - all the reviews say 'it's not quick, but it can move when it needs to' - as long as you can get out of trouble, that's all you really need. I'd also heard about the engine - I noticed it when I test drove a 2 year old NX (and didn't like it) but didn't notice it in the new UX I tried. I was literally sold from that point.

• Like 1

On 11/5/2023 at 4:27 PM, Lancashirelad1985 said:

Hi Everyone.

I’m looking at a UX as my next car. Beautiful car but my concern is the boot. My car is currently a polo gti and we want a car that’s more comfortable, bigger in the back, more economical, etc. 

The UX has all of these but the boot is the same size as my polo. As someone that golfs, has anyone here managed to get on ok with the boot?

I Would say That The Rear passenger seats are a Bigger Problem than The Boot..Getting in the back can be Tricky if your a big lad Even the angle to go in the car is somewhat awkward..I,m not particularly tall and found it difficult to get in Thats before you Look At The space in the boot.. Other than that its a Beautiful dynamic little car...My Opinion Only Of Course..!!

• Like 2

On 11/24/2023 at 5:24 PM, RONNIE W HODGEKINSON said:

I Would say That The Rear passenger seats are a Bigger Problem than The Boot..

Trust me - coming from a Jaguar XE, I am confident that the UX's rear doors will appear cavernous by comparison 😁. My mother (5'0" in heels) bangs her head on the XE when getting in the rear, as it swoops so much. Also, as the XE is RWD, the middle seat passenger feels like they are riding a seesaw, with legs spread either side.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links